Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Default Re: Anderson Varejao 35 Pts 18 rebs 3 assists

I remember several years ago I got into a debate with a Cavalier fan Mikaiel about who was better between Joakim Noah and Anderon Varejao. I chose Noah. If you're out there Mikaiel I think I might owe you an apology! Varejao has impressed me recently.

and when i think about it, this normally happens every year since LeBron left.

Anderson will play VERY first for the first 25 or 31 games and then get hurt for the rest of the season.

and Joakim Noah is clearly better

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    gasol+ebanks for varejao+casspi

get it done mitch

Are you secretly a Cavs fan?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He wouldn't put up close to these numbers on a good team. LOL @ acting like LeBron was playing with superstars in Cleveland. The legendary Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, folks
    Clearly you haven't watched Anderson this season. Despite the needle the other poster is giving Lebron, Anderson's play has been no gimmick - he is legitimately playing outstanding top-5 center basketball right now.

In 7 games:
    15.8ppg on .608fg%
    13.7rpg
    3.4apg

His pick and rolls with Kyrie are a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Clearly you haven't watched Anderson this season. Despite the needle the other poster is giving Lebron, Anderson's play has been no gimmick - he is legitimately playing outstanding top-5 center basketball right now.

In 7 games:
    15.8ppg on .608fg%
    13.7rpg
    3.4apg

His pick and rolls with Kyrie are a thing of beauty
    I'm aware he's played very well, he's not a top 5 center though, regardless of the numbers, which are going to fall back to earth. Should be able to put up 11/12 or so though.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm aware he's played very well, he's not a top 5 center though, regardless of the numbers, which are going to fall back to earth. Should be able to put up 11/12 or so though.
    They probably won't "fall back to earth". Your looking at stats of him in a then vs now scenario and assuming things are just going to fall back into place like old times - which is why I'm assuming you haven't watched him play or heard why he's doing so well. He added a jump shot at the top of the key to his game which he has been attempting and hitting with surprising efficiency and most important of all - as the Cavs commentators were discussing during this game coach Byron Scott has apparently given Andy a green light to produce on offense now - something he had never had before - his numbers aren't going to "fall back" unless he loses that green light, get's traded, or get's injured. Due to his superb P&R chemistry with Kyrie he plays a larger role than when Lebron was a Cav.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Banned

LBJ for Varejao... do it!!!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore elinss86's Avatar

Fml, proposed varejeo for ilysova in fantasy right after draft and forgot I had done so. Obviously the guy took the trade

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Would Cav fans accept a trade of

Perkins + PJ3 or Lamb + Toronto and Dallas 1st round pick for Varejao?

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Would Cav fans accept a trade of

Perkins + PJ3 or Lamb + Toronto and Dallas 1st round pick for Varejao?
    I say no, but I don't speak for all Cavs fans. As Autstin Carr likes to say "Andy is priceless!"

Not airballing my layups anymore

Its a shame he wasnt this good w lebron. Dude used to suck 8=====>. Impressive game

I say no, but I don't speak for all Cavs fans. As Autstin Carr likes to say "Andy is priceless!"
    You do have to remember Andy is 30, so his trade value isnt going to be that high. You get some nice pieces to keep building for the future and Perkins contract expires in the '14 season where a lot of great players are coming off contract.

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    You do have to remember Andy is 30, so his trade value isnt going to be that high. You get some nice pieces to keep building for the future and Perkins contract expires in the '14 season where a lot of great players are coming off contract.
    Any proposal of multiple roleplayers for Andy - i'd decline - his chemistry with Kyrie and this team (to us at least) is currently nothing short of all-star level.

Therefore the only trades I would think are acceptable would be some sort of deal where we trade him for a legitimate league superstar - where we give him up + a few of our own picks or roleplayers. If we ever trade him for another teams roleplayers I feel like we lose
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Any proposal of multiple roleplayers for Andy - i'd decline - his chemistry with Kyrie and this team (to us at least) is currently nothing short of all-star level.

Therefore the only trades I would think are acceptable would be some sort of deal where we trade him for a legitimate league superstar - where we give him up + a few of our own picks or roleplayers. If we ever trade him for another teams roleplayers I feel like we lose

This is the right attitude.

I would rather not move him at all. I'd try and see if Utah was dumb enough to take next year's 1st round pick for Derrick Favors.

Yes currently the Cavs would take a backwards step but as far as looking towards the future it would be the more logical step.