Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation What to make of Jokic's start to the season?

"He looks out of shape (more than usual) and all his stats are down including mpg, ppg, apg, rpg. He looks more sluggish due to being out of shape. He was supposed to be in game shape because of playing in the fiba tourney but that doesn't seem to be the case" - Reddit

Being close to your athletic Prime, being paid millions of dollars and having access to the world's best nutritionist and trainers. And still being in terrible shape is inexcusable.
    Holmes, kleber, and okafor have all had career nights against him. Also only took 8 shots vs the mavs and now 6 shots vs the pelicans,

He looks like a big lard piece of shit. Its crazy this idiot won't take it seriously. Inb4 Nug fans say BU BU if he was dominating last ssn, imagine what CAN do
    Last edited by AirTupac; 11-01-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Default Re: What to make of Jokic's start to the season?

He always starts like this.

I don't watch Denver games but he was my first pick in fantasy last year.

Literally carbon copy shit, he started awful then by December he got in shape and went full steam ahead. Same is gonna happen this year

So your dumbass thinks its acceptable to show up after FIBA as a complete fatfvckwad and play himself into the season?

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    So your dumbass thinks its acceptable to show up after FIBA as a complete fatfvckwad and play himself into the season?

Did I say it is acceptable little fakkit?

Learn to read

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Did I say it is acceptable little fakkit?

Learn to read

You literally implied it one ball half a man

How do you take 6 shots on a game where your primary defenders in the block are Okafor and Hayes when you are an all-star big?

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Yikes...

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

The out of shape stuff is always overblown. Look at the minutes he played in the playoffs last year. Last night wasn't because he was tired. That's a cop out and gives him way to easy of an excuse.

However and I've said this since day 1 the biggest knock on Jokic is for sure his mentality. He's just content being another player. He's selfless to a fault. Pretty unique for a superstar, and obviously can be a massive negative. It's unacceptable and sucks as a Nuggets fan. I think the only reason why Nugget fans aren't crazy concerned is because he shows up when it matters like the playoffs.

Last November he averaged 13 points than went on to finish 4th in MVP voting. This is really nothing new. He's being super passive, Nuggets are struggling, he'll eventually get going. Has the talent to average 24-28 point but will never do it because of stretches like these.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

OP throwing out hundreds of darts as per usual and hopes one will stick

This is the same idiot who claimed no stars would go to the Clippers

He also claimed to OD on a blunt

What.a.tool...

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    The out of shape stuff is always overblown. Look at the minutes he played in the playoffs last year. Last night wasn't because he was tired. That's a cop out and gives him way to easy of an excuse.

However and I've said this since day 1 the biggest knock on Jokic is for sure his mentality. He's just content being another player. He's selfless to a fault. Pretty unique for a superstar, and obviously can be a massive negative. It's unacceptable and sucks as a Nuggets fan. I think the only reason why Nugget fans aren't crazy concerned is because he shows up when it matters like the playoffs.

Last November he averaged 13 points than went on to finish 4th in MVP voting. This is really nothing new. He's being super passive, Nuggets are struggling, he'll eventually get going. Has the talent to average 24-28 point but will never do it because of stretches like these.
    While you make good points, how can you say hes not out of shape? He was literally huffing and puffing off one play. Okafor shouldn't be abusing him. Holmes shouldn't be abusing him. He's LITERALLY out of shape.

While you make good points, how can you say hes not out of shape? He was literally huffing and puffing off one play. Okafor shouldn't be abusing him. Holmes shouldn't be abusing him. He's LITERALLY out of shape.
    My take as somebody who's watch him his entire career. From the start there was always arguments between Nuggets fans if he could ever start/play 30 MPG etc. how he needed to get in better shape. He's been able to do it. Look at last year in the playoffs. Someone who's almost 7 feet tall that's outta shape can't play those minutes.

He's just a very animated guy. His arms/head etc. are always flailing around like crazy. His mannerisms/body language is just super weird for a professional athlete.

The reason Jokic fell in the draft was because he was out of shape. He was like addicted to soda or something like that he was apparently like 340 pounds or something ridiculous like that. An out of shape Jokic could barely play 25 minutes and would look gigantic. He's just a doughy guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Reminds me of a HOF we call SHAQ ... waited till playoffs to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    My take as somebody who's watch him his entire career. From the start there was always arguments between Nuggets fans if he could ever start/play 30 MPG etc. how he needed to get in better shape. He's been able to do it. Look at last year in the playoffs. Someone who's almost 7 feet tall that's outta shape can't play those minutes.

He's just a very animated guy. His arms/head etc. are always flailing around like crazy. His mannerisms/body language is just super weird for a professional athlete.

The reason Jokic fell in the draft was because he was out of shape. He was like addicted to soda or something like that he was apparently like 340 pounds or something ridiculous like that. An out of shape Jokic could barely play 25 minutes and would look gigantic. He's just a doughy guy.

I just think its the Balkan mentality a little bit. He has the ability to get in great shape. Get a nutrionist etc. Take that extra mile. He can and should do that.

I just think its the Balkan mentality a little bit. He has the ability to get in great shape. Get a nutrionist etc. Take that extra mile. He can and should do that.
    He did put in insane amount of work apparently with a guy named Steve Hess who did training for the Nuggets. There was all the footage of him working out and everybody within the Nuggets organization praised him. He wasn't expected to come over to the NBA so early. He cut out the soda too which apparently was a massive issue which seems hilarious when discussing an NBA player

I think some people think Jokic came out of nowhere. He was always a good player. NBA teams just didn't think he could physically play in the NBA. Look at pictures of a young Jokic. He was flat out obese. Like not old NBA player fat but like dude who lives in his mothers basement fat.

I think after last year they had him add an extra 5-10 pounds to work inside. IMO when Jokic is "out of shape" he'll be like 330 pounds and unable to play in the league.