Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default And that my friends is why the NBA contracts and the NBA itself is a joke...

Tristan Thompson Just coming off a massive deal 82 mill for 5 years for a bench player for 2points and 12 rebs(in garbage time)

The NBA need to take a page out of the NFL and bring in non-guaranteed contracts, if you don't perform... you don't get paid, simple.

These NBA players are too well looked after
    Last edited by Marv_Albert; 10-27-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Default Re: And that my friends is why the NBA contracts and the NBA itself is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
    Tristan Thompson Just coming off a massive deal 82 mill for 5 years for a bench player for 2points and 12 rebs(in garbage time)
    Garbage time in a game that went down to the final possession? He is overpaid though.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: And that my friends is why the NBA contracts and the NBA itself is a joke...

The LeBron effect.

Basically, it's an effect where LeBron's teammates, even though they're scrubs, get way overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Garbage time in a game that went down to the final possession? He is overpaid though.
    Klove hit some crazy shit but was absent most of the night, they lucky it went to that

Best hustle big, top 3 defensive player, best rebounder.

all this off the bench.

no excuses

The NBA need to take a page out of the NFL and bring in non-guaranteed contracts, if you don't perform... you don't get paid, simple.

These NBA players are too well looked after
    Consider this. If Hassan Whiteside was a free agent he would have got near max offers and he's yet to play a full season in the league. Point being, I agree with the absurdity of NBA contracts. The NFL does it right.

Isn't LeBron the one who was clamoring for them to pay the man?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    Isn't LeBron the one who was clamoring for them to pay the man?
    Made dudes like James Jones relevant in the NBA....

Made dudes like James Jones relevant in the NBA....
    He hasn't been the best player in the game for like 3 years but I agree with ESPN in that he's the most powerful. Last year going on vacation until Cleveland traded for Shump and Mozgov. This year using his agent relationship and GM status w/ Cleveland to get Thompson insane amounts of money. And you'd think maybe Cleveland would have learned something from letting LeBron play GM the first time around.

And of course, he still needs more help, nearly 4 max deals on one team isn't enough

You're not going to get the cork back into the bottle on this one, so the owners trying to get non-guaranteed contracts in is laughable.

The NBA is a much better league than the NFL. Literally not even close.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The NBA has non guaranteed contracts, you fcking idiot. No where in the CBA does it say the owners must guarantee all contracts. The owners give guaranteed contracts out on their own volition.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

Take out maximum contracts (get paid whatever a team will pay you) and make non-guaranteed contracts in case they start sucking. Just make sure injuries are treated like workman's comp.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    He hasn't been the best player in the game for like 3 years but I agree with ESPN in that he's the most powerful. Last year going on vacation until Cleveland traded for Shump and Mozgov. This year using his agent relationship and GM status w/ Cleveland to get Thompson insane amounts of money. And you'd think maybe Cleveland would have learned something from letting LeBron play GM the first time around.

And of course, he still needs more help, nearly 4 max deals on one team isn't enough
    4 max deals for non-deserving players outside of Kyrie and Lebron...they dished out funds to keep the team relevant as going to the market would of fielded them lesser talent, and in TT's case, not even of gotten them anything worthy of a replacement. Kevin Love was given the Cavs word that he'd be taken care of during the trade with the TWolves...so they basically had no choice but to max him.

every team is paying for help...Miami with overpaying of Wade and Bosh, LA Clippers with Blake DJ CP3 and now Lance's overpay, OKC will be in this seat with KD WBrook and Kanter's ridiculous contract...it's not uncommon for the top teams to pay out to keep talent (some talent, I should say) at home

nice try Jerry!

Best big in the league. No excuses for mr little dick