Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default BREAKING: Bennett to the Raptors..

Default Re: BREAKING: Bennett to the Raptors..

Great pick up for the Raps and Bennett...

Glad he chose the Raps over Portland.

Lets see what he can do this year and hopefully Raps give him a fair shot in establishing himself in the league.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

All three teams would be a great fit.I'm surprised the Cavs didn't want him as a backup for Bron. The Blazers would have given him minutes. But he gets to go back home and he adds some depth and size to the Raps.

Bennett is still in the league?

How was his last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

Lets see what he can do this year and hopefully Raps give him a fair shot in establishing himself in the league.
    Where does it say Portland wanted him and he refused?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Bennett is still in the league?

How was his last season?
    bench ridden and bad. but hes improving as a bball player every summer. his out shot is looking reliable and he looks to be a contributor off the bench this season. Ppatt will be a nice vet presence for him.

Gonna laugh my ass off if Bennett shows any signs as a legit big man this upcoming season and the Raps decided not even to pursue TT. Rich Paul will have to stop using Raps as leverage against the CAVS...

So weak ass when I keep reading Rich Paul dropping the Raps as a front runner for TT when they have said nothing.
    Last edited by Vancouver-Grizz; 09-25-2015 at 05:45 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Where does it say Portland wanted him and he refused?
    Portland were favored to sign him as of yesterday. Canada's national team's coach is an assistant for stotts. it would have been a decent pick up, for a young team like POR. him and vonleh would have been a nice stretch big combo, with leonard already improving

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Portland were favored to sign him as of yesterday. Canada's national team's coach is an assistant for stotts. it would have been a decent pick up, for a young team like POR. him and vonleh would have been a nice stretch big combo, with leonard already improving
    Yes, I realize that cause I posted the Portland story later in the Bennett buyout thread.

Was just wondering why dude made it sound as if he turned Portland down.

NBA lottery pick

Philly.

Absolutely amazing. They are a bigger sham than Volkswagen exhaust gas tests. Stink more, too.

They are currently at $57M. The capfloor is $63M. They could have had the 22 year old #1 pick from two years ago for ****ING FREE on a one year deal. They have to pay out the difference to the capfloor anyway.

I think this must be some university study on how ****ing retarded and loyal sports fans can be. Philly is probably getting an A+ for this.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Philly.

Absolutely amazing. They are a bigger sham than Volkswagen exhaust gas tests. Stink more, too.

They are currently at $57M. The capfloor is $63M. They could have had the 22 year old #1 pick from two years ago for ****ING FREE on a one year deal. They have to pay out the difference to the capfloor anyway.

I think this must be some university study on how ****ing retarded and loyal sports fans can be. Philly is probably getting an A+ for this.
    Why exactly are you slamming Philly? They likely are banking on completing at least 1 trade between now and the deadline that would be a better use of their space.

They also would have needed to decide by October 31st if they wanted to pick up his 2016-2017 option. If you pick it up you're committing $13M over the next 2 years to him. Or commit ~$6M this year to him. If he busts out, that would limit their ability to complete a later trade. If he's good and you didn't pick up his option, then he may command more next summer.

You're likely going to find better value for that money than investing in developing AB, when they are already trying to commit significant PT to Noel and Okafor. Getting him as cheaply as Toronto did is why that move makes sense.

Philly's started below the salary floor entering the season for 2 consecutive years and finished above it. Portland's much further below the line than the 76ers.

Now, if you wanted a flyer on a former No. 1 pick, this is a great chance to land him, no arguments there. I think Philly would rather play Robert Covington (currently a better player) as a small ball 4, making the minimum, than pick up AB via waivers. It also seems AB wanted to hand pick his next destination to ensure his happiness.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 09-25-2015 at 06:35 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Why exactly are you slamming Philly? They likely are banking on completing at least 1 trade between now and the deadline that would be a better use of their space.

They also would have needed to decide by October 31st if they wanted to pick up his 2016-2017 option. If you pick it up you're committing $13M over the next 2 years to him. Or commit ~$6M this year to him. If he busts out, that would limit their ability to complete a later trade. If he's good and you didn't pick up his option, then he may command more next summer.

You're likely going to find better value for that money than investing in developing AB, when they are already trying to commit significant PT to Noel and Okafor. Getting him as cheaply as Toronto did is why that move makes sense.

Philly's started below the salary floor entering the season for 2 consecutive years and finished above it. Portland's much further below the line than the 76ers.

Now, if you wanted a flyer on a former No. 1 pick, this is a great chance to land him, no arguments there. I think Philly would rather play Robert Covington (currently a better player) as a small ball 4, making the minimum, than pick up AB via waivers. It also seems AB wanted to hand pick his next destination to ensure his happiness.
    NO. He cleared waivers meaning that old contract was bought out by Minnesota and the entirety of its provisions are now void. The options were already turned down and the one year of guaranteed money was bought out for 3.6M.

I thought Portland made a LOT more sense. He did pretty well with the National team and the coach and asst coach are on the Portland staff. Tor is a lot deeper with some proven players and guys getting paid a lot in front of him.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    NO. He cleared waivers meaning that old contract was bought out by Minnesota and the entirety of its provisions are now void. The options were already turned down and the one year of guaranteed money was bought out for 3.6M.

I thought Portland made a LOT more sense. He did pretty well with the National team and the coach and asst coach are on the Portland staff. Tor is a lot deeper with some proven players and guys getting paid a lot in front of him.
    I know he cleared waivers and that the buyout was completed...some people expected Philly to claim him due to their space. That post, to me, made it insinuate that they should claim him with their remaining space. It was reported 1 hour after Philly wasn't putting a claim in that he went to the Raptors.

I was talking about why Philly passed on the kid. The only way they'd compete with the Raptors imo post-clearing waivers was by paying more, which doesn't align with what the front office does. They're currently at 21 players for camp, so they're already past capacity. Plus, it was clear that he wanted to control his next stop where he felt happy. He's clearly happy with being back in Canada.

Portland made sense with the national team connection. Toronto makes sense since he's close to home now. I didn't see how Philly made sense other than they had space for him financially. They've got other bigs they're trying to develop (and others who are currently better and are higher upside) and had no connection to him other than hearsay they considered him leading up to the 2013 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

Great pick up ? He's been a bad player and he got the spot because he's from Brampton.

We don't even know if he'll make the team yet since it's over 15 players now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

CANADA!

We stay winning.