Default 1990s music/films vs 2010s music/films

Are we in dark times culturally?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: 1990s music/films vs 2010s music/films

Movies and tv today>>>90s

Music in 90s>>>>

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

90s music is so much better it is not even close.

Movies I'm not sure...that might be close

Movies about the same

Music was way better in the 90s. Today's music is absolute shit

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Eh could be worse, could be early 2000s movie. 2003 year in film was dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    90s music is so much better it is not even close.

Movies I'm not sure...that might be close
    [COLOR="Red"]*Warning*[/COLOR]

When taking this man's opinion seriously, consider the fact that he enjoys sh1tty Marvel movies recycling the same format over and over. Feel good superhero films with more humor than action are not good films.

You have been warned.

College superstar

90>>> today for both music and movies. Movies now are all remakes of movies of the 80s and 90s

Banned

TV is better now, but only specifically cable dramas. Unless you're a fan of reality TV.

A lot of top film talent began migrating from the remake/reboot Hollywood system to TV at the beginning of this decade and it's been a boon for cable dramas. TV in the 90s was considered a joke to top film stars and directors/producers. Pretty much how the Hollywood studio system is viewed now, the roles were reversed.

It's pretty cool that the past 5 years or so, you've had TV projects featuring the likes of Scorsese, David Fincher, Aaron Sorkin, Harrelson/McConnaughey (sp?), Robin Williams (RIP), Kathy Bates, and bunch of other A list film people. That was unheard of before just 10 years or so ago.

From what I hear from people who watch movies, movies are better today.

From my observation when it comes to music, in older day it was more about being a musician, today it's more about a twitter, social media, get as much attention brand, with the music being secondary. It's not about, did you hear that new song, but rather, did you see what so and so did.

It also involves a lot of ass and twerking, and the other day I thought one of these artist is going to stand up on stage, pull their pants down, turn around bend over and spread their butt cheeks. Because it's all about being outrageous.

Local High School Star

too much superhero movies in this era, most of them are not for adults IMO

Local High School Star

quantity over quality

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    TV is better now, but only specifically cable dramas. Unless you're a fan of reality TV.

A lot of top film talent began migrating from the remake/reboot Hollywood system to TV at the beginning of this decade and it's been a boon for cable dramas. TV in the 90s was considered a joke to top film stars and directors/producers. Pretty much how the Hollywood studio system is viewed now, the roles were reversed.

It's pretty cool that the past 5 years or so, you've had TV projects featuring the likes of Scorsese, David Fincher, Aaron Sorkin, Harrelson/McConnaughey (sp?), Robin Williams (RIP), Kathy Bates, and bunch of other A list film people. That was unheard of before just 10 years or so ago.
    yup

I still remember when David Caruso (that's his name?) was thought to have considered career suicide for going back to tv.

Going back to tv was career killer, now they clamor to work on a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    90>>> today for both music and movies. Movies now are all remakes of movies of the 80s and 90s
    Even when that's the case, they tend to be better at times.

To quote the GOAT "No ideas original".

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Today's obsession with superhero movies annually is kind of weird. I guess Hollywood just follows the money since even the poorly reviewed superhero movies still tend to do well in the box office. A lot of the classics from the 90s didn't do so great in the box office during their time.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Today's obsession with superhero movies annually is kind of weird. I guess Hollywood just follows the money since even the poorly reviewed superhero movies still tend to do well in the box office. A lot of the classics from the 90s didn't do so great in the box office during their time.
    Too lazy to look up the figures, but that may also be because they were usually suckier back then.

Even superhero movies have improved from those in the 90s. Most studios, writers and directors didn't respect comics as much so they wrote them off as simple kiddie blockbusters.

Today they get more respect and tend to be (not always) produced with a bit more respect even if the outcome isn't the best at times.

Another thing that works for today's film/tv makers is having been inspired by their predecessors and learning from them.

Most of today's films (even the crappy ones) are better technically in most aspects compared to their 90s counterparts. While the 90s saw an era of experimentation and rawness, today's era is taking that to the next level.