Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: No Tippin Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Really?

That's pure bitch-sauce.
    That's what I've heard, yes.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

There have been few meals i thought justified a tip. I do it because its expected....but its a joke really.

Pouring tea is not a hard job. You have to smile and walk around.....how awful.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    They wait on you until you leave. If you don't want to pay someone to prepare your food, bring it to you and see if you need anything else (refills) for your entire meal I suggest you eat at home.
    What a lot of idiots don't understand is that waiters generally don't get paid minimum wage. They make almost all their money on tips. They also have to tip out to the kitchen staff and/or the bar if alcohol is ordered. Typically something around 2 or 3 %.

I've no doubts that Pip has ingested his fair share of head cheese, spit, pubes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    They wait on you until you leave. If you don't want to pay someone to prepare your food, bring it to you and see if you need anything else (refills) for your entire meal I suggest you eat at home.
    Oh, how sad. They walk around asking everyone if they're enjoying their meal, bring a jug of water or whatever nasty soda people love, and refill cups.

It's not the same as delivering meals from a pizza place or the like. In that case, the person is going out of his/her way to drive to a person's house to give them the fattening food they ordered, putting miles on their car, having to pay for maintenance out-of-pocket to ensure their car runs in order to keep that job. Those people deserve tips. Not the person standing off to the side in a restaurant, askin people if they're enjoying their meals.

I bitch about it, but I do always give tips whenever I eat at a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There have been few meals i thought justified a tip. I do it because its expected....but its a joke really.

Pouring tea is not a hard job. You have to smile and walk around.....how awful.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    What a lot of idiots don't understand is that waiters generally don't get paid minimum wage. They make almost all their money on tips. They also have to tip out to the kitchen staff and/or the bar if alcohol is ordered. Typically something around 2 or 3 %.

I've no doubts that Pip has ingested his fair share of head cheese, spit, pubes, etc.
    I think you think "head cheese" means something different than what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Why should you have to pay somebody extra to do their job? A job they chose for themselves. Would you tip a guy at an electronics store or the checkout lady at the grocery store? Probably not. If you buy a new car, would you tip the salesperson? Doubt it. Why is this one industry different? I'll tell you why. Because groups like restaurant accociations have fooled you into thinking its acceptable for them to pay their employees pennies. Now you feel like you have to pay somebody to do their job even though that should be their employers responsibility.

Your focusing on the wrong thing. You should be mad at the scumbags who lobby for it to be legal to not pay their employees and forcibly shifting the burden onto their customers. I wouldn't need to tip my waitress if her employer wasn't a scumbag who didn't want to pay her a denect wage.
    No, the amount you give someone who serves you is a direct reflection of how well you feel they served you or made the experience enjoyable for you. That's why.

So you mean to tell me you don't tip anyone when you go out to eat? You take a lady out, and leave the tip line blank? You're that guy? Do you write on the bill for someone who is trying to earn a living that "hey, you picked the wrong place to work, I don't feel I have to compensate you for your personalize services" ...

You're that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    lets be real, you would be more than happy to cut up lebrons food for him

He'd wash Lebron's balls if Bron let him. Matter fact, I'm sure he does.

Banned

I don't tip beyond $3 , people in other countries make that much for a whole days work. thats more than enough.

as someone who lives in Cali I really don't understand why we have to, the servers at least get minimum wage here

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23

He'd wash Lebron's balls if Bron let him. Matter fact, I'm sure he does.
    Why such vulgar language?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    Why such vulgar language?

You DO know where you're at, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    You DO know where you're at, right?
    I know, but Lebron has kids, what if they seen that comment?

I work in the industry. Pippen is a schmuck. 15% is standard. 20% is excellent. 10% is for poor service and there needs to be a really good reason for tipping 10. Under no circumstance is it okay to stiff the server or bartender. I don't care if he raped your mother. If the bartender/server covers your drink, you make up for it.

If you have a tab worth 100k, you leave an extra 20k as the tip.

I live in Denver and heard that Birdman and Earl Boykins treated their bartenders and guests around them very well.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Gambling, bad investments, luxuries. I think Pippen's net worth is around $1 million.

http://celebnetwealth.com/scottie-pi...il-investment/

Also, random side note, one of my buddies who is a bartender in Cleveland said LeBron and his croonies came into the place he worked, LeBron was on the phone almost the entire time but his friends were completely loud and obnoxious, LeBron didn't pay for the bill, one of his friends did and left 18% as a tip on like a $300 bill.
    Where did you get 1 million from?

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel
    last time i heard, pippen was goin bankrupt, so he is now famous but poor
    Just because you file for bankruptcy does not mean you are poor.
    Last edited by Xsatyr; 08-10-2013 at 06:16 PM.

College superstar

I deliver to a guy that I KNOW makes 250k a year with almost no bills... house and car are entirely paid for by his place of employment. No matter how much pizza he orders, he tips $5. That's a great tip for a pizza delivery. If I delivery $50 of food to his house, it's not a great percentage tip, but still a legit tip.

Now again, I KNOW he profits well over 100k a year, easy... but I don't expect him to change my life, or even tip incredibly well. From someone rich, or wealthy, I'd expect a good tip. But I would never, ever, EVER expect anything extraordinary. $25 tip? Yes please! My best tip ever was $100. I've also had $60, tons of $50+, and quite a few around $20. But that's after 3 years. Honestly, $5-10 is almost always enough in the pizza delivery business.

Translating that to a restaurant, I believe that a server deserves a larger tip. They have more responsibility. I just drive from Point A to Point B, then back to Point A. But regardless, as I said before, $25 is a very nice tip UNLESS Pip paid for 10+ people. The more people, the more work. The bill total is not (usually) indicative of the amount of work done by the wait staff.

Tipping? You mean to be payed to do a job while being payed by random people for doing something you are payed to do already.... if all jobs were like that... i feel like tipping the doctor who probably saved my dads life a couple of times... but meh, he aint a waiter, he doesnt deserve it...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.