Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Sick Of This Bullshit. Why Don't Big Name Players Want To Come To Boston??!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Celtics should strongly target Thabeet if he is amnestied.
    Worth the gamble for them.
    I thought this too. I thought the second trade that got rid of Erden was worse last year then the Perks one. Really left them with nothing size wise. Even if Thabeet sucks the big one at least it's a big with some energy of the bench.

Now a Cavs fan again

Default Re: Sick Of This Bullshit. Why Don't Big Name Players Want To Come To Boston??!?!?

It's a travesty that Boston won't end up with what should have been a Paul/Howard dynasty.

1. They have the cap room coming up.

2. Allen/Garnett are still good and it would be reasonable to expect them to take a significant paycut with how little they have left in their careers.

3. They have one of the best trade assets in an all star caliber point guard on a cheap (relative to his production/talent) contract. I'd put Rondo right at or above Eric Gordon in terms of value in a trade.

It should have gone down. Paul/Allen/Pierce/Garnett/Howard.

They had the money, talent, everything.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Celtics should strongly target Thabeet if he is amnestied.
    Worth the gamble for them.
    Hm, Interesting for sure.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    This. Lol at the Celtics being the greatest franchise of all time. Tell me the last the the Lakers had the worst record in the league.
    These comments are legit but the 2001-2002, 2002-2003 celtics teams are amazing to me. At least realize the Celtics were 2 wins away from a finals match in 2002 with LA. 49-33 record. I don't care what people say Antoine Walker was a beast that year.

Think about the earlier years of the NBA, the Celtics are a dynasty. History is evidence. Go to the TD Garden and look up.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Oh, and KG and Pierce are not exactly well liked around the league.
    This big time.

Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
    and to clear the chris paul comment up.. people in new england laugh at these moron players for turning down playing for the greatest franchise in the history of basketball.

nobody really wants chris paul on the celtics anymore. we move on.
    They are arguably the greatest franchise in the history of basketball. Arguably.

You say it as if they are head and shoulders above the rest of the league in terms of their legacy.

I gotta agree with the guy who said BOS ain't got swag.

Bunch of geriatrics.

The NBA's retirement home.

U Mad?

Banned

These comments are legit but the 2001-2002, 2002-2003 celtics teams are amazing to me. At least realize the Celtics were 2 wins away from a finals match in 2002 with LA. 49-33 record. I don't care what people say Antoine Walker was a beast that year.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Think about the earlier years of the NBA, the Celtics are a dynasty. History is evidence. Go to the TD Garden and look up.[/COLOR]
    ^^

is it the team chemistry?

is it the notion that the celtics give up personal stats for team success?

is it the idea that they play hard every night?

is it the idea that they are a defensive minded team?

is it the history, the titles, the legacy?

is it the hands on coach, who has proven to comfort players into the celtics system?

is it the fan base? loyal? too harsh?

is it weather in new england?

is it the fact they have no numbers for current players to use, because of all the hall of famers?

is it the idea that they are bullies?

Chris paul was running his mouth about not coming to boston.. why the hell not? too much pressure to succeed? man up bro. KG said he didn't want to come, and won a title and never looked back.

I love it when the celtics fly under the radar EVERY NBA season, and by the all star break its the same old 2 place in the east, first in the atlantic, plugging away. so why is that looked down at?

It's dealing with asshole fans like you.

the residual stench of feces that was smeared in Bill Russell's apartment is fresh in the Black Community.

Mark Wahlberg is also a racist. He blinded a Vietnamese man's eye. All the man wanted to do was help this thug Mark to get away from a crime he was committing. Poor Vietnamese man.

Mark also beat up blacks while yelling "n*qqers"

I am a white man and proud to be a white man but I don't blame Blacks for not wanting to go to Boston.