Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Suns need to trade Booker while he has some value

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Tobias Harris and picks
    Ben Simmons for Booker and 2 future 1st round picks.

The Suns seem set at the 4 and 5 position. Small Forward and shooting guards they seem thin at.
    God yes! get it done!

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    I actually took this thread serious till I read this
    Imo Booker is more trade value than Tobias but less than Simmons. How is that trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Imo Booker is more trade value than Tobias but less than Simmons. How is that trolling?
    It came off as Harris + Simmons + picks for Booker + Picks

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

A deal around Harris and Richardson for Booker and Dario and I'm in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He has a relatively solid offense impact. The problem is that he's completely awful defensively and that makes his overall impact basically nothing since he's giving everything back on the defensive end. He's a good example of how overrated a box score can be. People always make excuses because a team is bad overall, but if you're an impact player that will show in the advanced stats at the very least. He just doesn't make any notable impact overall, period.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-16-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He has a relatively solid offense impact. The problem is that he's completely awful defensively and that makes his overall impact basically nothing since he's giving everything back on the defensive end. He's a good example of how overrated a box score can be. People always make excuses because a team is bad overall, but if you're an impact player that will show in the advanced stats at the very least. He just doesn't make any notable impact overall, period.
    People said the exact same shit about Steph Curry all the time when he was 22. Remember, before the Warriors got an actual NBA team around him and before he hit his prime, when they were consistently bottom feeders every year. If you think Book has hit his ceiling at the age of 22 you're ****ing retarded plain and simple. Some rookies come into the league at 22 lmao.

I'm sorry. But people are constantly out here judging this kid like he's 28, has had a good coach(let alone the same coach for more than 1 season), hasn't been double teamed more than anyone in the league cause his teammates were so dogshit, etc. Believe what you want but my dude's improved on aspects every year, aside from when being held back by injuries or being forced to play out of position at PG.

And lastly if you don't watch Suns games on a regular basis(which I doubt you do), you have no right to judge a player on his impact of a game. Any real basketball fan knows you have to see the games to judge the impact. And this whole argument is based off of what? The fact that they only won 19 games? I could counter-argue that they would have easily won less than 10 games without him. Is that not an impact? What they had on the court last year was what you call "historically bad". 2nd and 3rd best players on the team were rookies. Often 3 players STARTING who shouldn't even be in the league. Either G-league level talents or washed up vets who weren't even remotely trying nor caring to try win. It was bad. If Lebron couldn't carry the Lakers to the playoffs, not a single ****ing player in NBA history could have carried that sorry ass Suns roster to the playoffs in place of Book. Especially any player at the age of 22.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Suns since 2010:
    10th seed
    10th seed
    15th seed
    9th seed
    10th seed
    14th seed
    15th seed
    15th seed
    15th seed

Since Booker was drafted... 23 wins, 24 wins, 21 wins, 19 wins. So they've gotten worse !!

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Bla bla bla Suns gibberish

Curry also had seasons of improved team record each year. Not diminishing records down to 19 wins

No shit they got worse when they went from Eric Bledsoe to literally starting the following scrubs you've never heard of at the most important position in today's league: Isaiah Canaan, Deanthony Melton, Mike James, Ellie Okobo. Oh and can't forget Jamaal Crawford who's damn near a hundred years old and no other team was desperate enough to sign. But of course Devin Booker should be expected to be a miracle worker and somehow improve on the record despite that fact. Not to mention the fact that Booker came into the season fresh off a thumb surgery on his main shooting hand, dealt with nagging hamstring injuries half the season and missed a lot of the season schedule's most winnable games, wasn't even playing at 100% until after the all star break, and was forced to play out of position at PG a lot until they finally traded Ryan Andersons cancerous contract for Tyler Johnson's cancerous contract just so they could make him play out of position at PG instead(which sadly was an upgrade for us at PG somehow once he finally learned his role).

But per usual, none of that matters cause LOL Booker. Let's not focus on the facts around him and the team. Why tf would we do that? There's no excuse! Surely if a team has 1 still very young player on the team is good and improving yearly(who wasn't picked that high in the draft, hasn't even made an all-star game, and doesn't even get that much media hype compared to other young prospects), then he should be able to make the shit team respectable no matter how bad that team or the circumstances around him are. Who cares about him playing next to g-leaguers, or having like 6 different coaching staffs already in 5 seasons, or injuries that clearly affected his game, or really anything at all. He just sucks, and he's always gonna suck. It's a fact.

Curry also had seasons of improved team record each year. Not diminishing records down to 19 wins
    Well the Suns actually finally started improving their roster around Book. And Sarver supposedly promised to stay out of basketball related decisions/situations(though I'll believe that when I see it). So if they don't start improving their record this year, feel free to rip Book all you want. But I'm very confident that, barring injuries, this season they're finally gonna start winning more games. They were already winning more games towards the end of last season after ridding the roster of multiple team cancers and signing Oubre and Tyler Johnson. And winning against some of the best teams in the league too. Honestly I think that roster they had towards the end already wins a good 30ish games if playing a full healthy season together. But then they added Rubio and Saric giving them a real starting PG and PF on the roster finally. And Baynes and Kaminsky as solid 2nd stringers giving them some much needed bench improvement. And at least 3 draft picks should make the final roster, so those are the X-factor. But no matter what I don't see them winning less than 25 games unless some crazy f***ed up injuries happen early on the season.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 09-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Suns need to sell the franchise while it still has some value.
    that's pretty funny shit.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    He's this generation's Carmelo. He'll have crazy total career scoring numbers but nothing to show for it. Booker will still be putting up around 20 a game by the time LeBron hits 50.

I was looking at this thread like where tf is my comment to this post?? Then I realized this is just another case of dejavu lol.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=17

Local High School Star

If there's a good enough trade I would do it. Shouldn't be overrally desperate right now.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

To the Sixers for Harris+ is very interesting. If somehow Phila could keep Richardson at the 3, that would be the perfect spot for Booker. If he couldn't put that team over the top doing what he does then he's hopeless.

Suns aren't dealing Devin unless it's for a godfather type of offer.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    A deal around Harris and Richardson for Booker and Dario and I'm in.
    Phoenix wouldn't consider that. Harris is, at the moment, one of the most overpaid players (and I'm a fan of his) that's basically a worse Forward version of Devin Booker.