Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron calls Warriors "most healthy team in nba history"

Curry was clearly concussed for the first few games, coupled with first time Finals jitters, otherwise it would have been a sweep

Either way, it was an easy victory for Golden State

I still think the finals MVP should have gone to Lebron though, he did more to help Golden State than anyone else

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Curry was clearly concussed for the first few games, coupled with first time Finals jitters, otherwise it would have been a sweep

I still think the finals MVP should have gone to Lebron though, he did more to help Golden State than anyone else
    cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    no argument here
    thanks amigo

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    So it DIDNT matter that 2 of their 3 best players were out?
    You'rejust a different type of fan, kiddo. When my lakers were starting Radmanovich in replacement for Trevor Ariza in the 2008 finals, it sucked. But I never used that as an excuse for why Boston beat us.

On the other hand, Lebron fans an people of your ilk have been making excuses for him since 2007.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035

No guarantee that it becomes a sweep, but Curry's concussion is often overlooked. People assume the Warriors were healthy because their bodies where physically on the floor, but their best player was playing through that concussion, which clearly effected him.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    So funny watching LeBron fans complain about injuries to teammates while guys like Paul George and Derrick Rose go down in the East opening it wide open for LeBron's teams.

Lol @ Lebron for these comments. If the guy had any offensive moves on the perimeter and a half decent jumper, that series would've been more competitive. Never seen a player of his caliber get played straight up like that with tons of cushion on offense.

Lebron has referred to Curry's help and the health of the Warriors team.

It's only a matter of time before we see Lebron on the court with bionic, indestructible, cyborg basketball players.

Only then, will he have enough help....

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    You'rejust a different type of fan, kiddo. When my lakers were starting Radmanovich in replacement for Trevor Ariza in the 2008 finals, it sucked. But I never used that as an excuse for why Boston beat us.

On the other hand, Lebron fans an people of your ilk have been making excuses for him since 2007.
    It's not really an excuse. I'm not saying they would have won had Love and Kyrie been out there.

But that certainly changed the series.

Losing Trevor Ariza is not the same as losing both Kyrie AND Love. The second best scorer on the team then became, what...JR Smith? Not really conducive for the finals.

PS...you have no idea what I am as a basketball fan

Ariza wasn't even as starter for the Lakers in 2008. How we gonna equate losing a 7/4 role player off the bench with losing not one but 2 all-stars

Come on now friend.

Lebron is a salty bitch

There was a time when Steph Curry couldn't finish a game without spraining his ankle. There's literally a 5 minute compilation of him getting injured https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0sLhDkBzk That's why the Warriors got a big discount on his contract. Some people thought he would never get past the ankle problems.

Now he strings together a few healthy seasons and Bran gets all butthurt, even though Bran has had remarkable luck in regards to health. How dare Steph stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    It's not really an excuse. I'm not saying they would have won had Love and Kyrie been out there.

But that certainly changed the series.

Losing Trevor Ariza is not the same as losing both Kyrie AND Love. The second best scorer on the team then became, what...JR Smith? Not really conducive for the finals.

PS...you have no idea what I am as a basketball fan

Ariza wasn't even as starter for the Lakers in 2008. How we gonna equate losing a 7/4 role player off the bench with losing not one but 2 all-stars

Come on now friend.

Leon Powe is what turned the tide for the Celtics in 2008...his rebounding and hustle plays on offense always seemed to keep Momentum in Bostons favor.

Ariza's defense alone would have absolutely helped negate most of Powe's impact or at least helped LA match up...

it's not always about Allstars on paper ( cough...Miami...most stacked team ever)....but mostly about Matchups.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Leon Powe is what turned the tide for the Celtics in 2008...his rebounding and hustle plays on offense always seemed to keep Momentum in Bostons favor.

Ariza's defense alone would have absolutely helped negate most of Powe's impact or at least helped LA match up...

it's not always about Allstars on paper ( cough...Miami...most stacked team ever)....but mostly about Matchups.
    No not always. But having 2 other guys that can consistently score vs having none others that can do that...kind of a big difference.

And it's hard for me to believe that Powe was the main factor in that series. He was fantastic in game 2 but outside of that he played less than 6 minutes a game. Didn't have an assist, a block, or a steal in the entire series either.

Numbers aren't the end-all-be-all of course, but to me it seems like he was an energy guy in very small spurts off the bench who was huge in 1 game...and that the Celtics were just a better team.

Allen shot 52% from deep, Garnett was a monster on both ends, Pierce was his usual cold-blooded self...and Kobe struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    Apparently the air conditioner was working that day.

Salt doesn't sizzle in the absence of wounds.

I am excited, as I'm sure the rest of the basketball community to get Kyrie back though.