Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default all these players have a case for GOAT depending on whats valued most by a fan

Kareem abdul Jabbar - Goat career

Bill Russell - Goat winner

Wilt Chamberlain - Goat prime

Kobe Bryant - Goat skills

Magic Johnson - Goat Leader

Michael jordan - Goat mixture of everything while lacking a bit at every aspect

Default Re: all these players have a case for GOAT depending on whats valued most by a fan

Kobe raped a woman in Colorado.

Default Re: all these players have a case for GOAT depending on whats valued most by a fan

Kobe GOAT missed field goals

Kobe is not the most skilled. Sorry mate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'd call you a c*cksucker, but I know you're trying to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

Nope. GOAT is looking at the entire body of work. From college to peak to longevity to individual accomplishments to team accomplishments to skills to clutch. When you do that, you are only left with two. KAJ and MJ.

Russell didn't even have much of an offensive game and he ruled the league when the talent pool was questionable. How can you be the GOAT if you can't even dominate offensively?

Wilt choked in the playoffs time and time again. His peak does not compensate for this.

Magic? Didn't play D and falls short of MJ and KAj in both team and individual hardware.

If you are being objective, you can come up with only MJ or KAJ.

These two have no argument for GOAT

Agreed... if fans value raping, Kobe does have a case

kobe did rape a woman

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Nope. GOAT is looking at the entire body of work. From college to peak to longevity to individual accomplishments to team accomplishments to skills to clutch. When you do that, you are only left with two. KAJ and MJ.
    if those are your qualifications, then kobe falls in the category as well. minus that whole arbitrary college part. however, im not saying hes GOAT, just saying he meets your standards.

Very good NBA starter

The only skill Kobe is GOAT in is rape

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    if those are your qualifications, then kobe falls in the category as well. minus that whole arbitrary college part. however, im not saying hes GOAT, just saying he meets your standards.
    Well, MJ has 5 regular season mvps, Kobe has one. Mj won 6 rings as"the man" and Kobe has 2 as "the man". Kobe loses out to MJ any way you look at it. That's why he's a tier below. I will admit though that at his peak, Kobe might've been the most devastating wing scorer ever because he had 3 point range. But that's not nearly enough to sniff MJ territory.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Wilt & LeBron have arguments for that

LeBrons last 3 finals stats (only time in his career where he had an above average team so he wasnt constantly double teamed like in 2007 and 2011) :

29/11/7

25/11/7

28/8/4 on 58% FG and 68% TS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    Kobe is not the most skilled. Sorry mate.

Hard to argue against kobe being most skilled

Small hands. No athletic advantage over most defenders from 2004-2015

The off hand, post game, footwork, every shot in the book, sky hooks, dirk step backs, jordan fades, 40 foot threes, shooting 34% beyond the arc while taking 95% of his shots over defenders without space inbetween. Great rebounder for his height. Great playmaker for his position. Only 2 guys with more scoring records and they both played against nothing but people who were slower, smaller in weaker eras for competition at their position (wilt/mj)

No ones more fundamental than kobe. He could be 5-11 or 7-2 and dominate the game