Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Tried online last night. Had 2 pairs in cart and still didn't get them. All the sites crashed. Then went at 4 am this morning. There were people hiding in the mall before it opened. So people actually broke in. Then when I got within 5 people of getting my shoes they sold out of all sizes. I've been bummed but then I started thinking about how silly all of this is. I donated 105 dollars to Doctors Without Borders today. Money better spent to help starving kids in Africa.
    Don't be shocked if there's a restock. Nike has been doing that lately.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    What he said was more like if you're able enough to go up to each person on the street and beg 'can you spare a dollar', you're able enough to say 'can i take your order please'.

And Jordan is EXACTLY right! Earn your dollar, don't BEG
    Oh please. There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?

This isn't me bashing Jordan the player. I love Jordan the player. He's the GOAT. But Jordan the person sounds like a dick.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    i'm dying right now

If it wasn't for his basketball ability, Michael Jordan himself would've been working at McDonald's or some job like that.

Based on his bio (Driven from Within) and his family members, he was the laziest in the family and didn't like work.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's not the "nerds" and "dweebs" that are "snatching up every damn pair". It's the resellers.

Anyways, if it's playing ball you want them for, don't even bother. The quality of Jordan sneakers has DRASTICALLY gone down. They're more for casual wear than actually playing in.

Even if the quality was still as good as the originals, you're still better off playing in a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's. 2011 technology > 1995 technology.
    I 100% agree with this.

The only reason I had my sights set on the Concord was for sentimental reasons. I remember those concords were the shoes he wore when he lost to the Magic in the 95 ECSF. Then he won the title the next year (72 win season) with the same model. It's a complete circle.

No news on how the Jordan 14s fared? It's the shoes MJ wore when he hit the last shot in 98.

No news stories on riots?

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    No news on how the Jordan 14s fared? It's the shoes MJ wore when he hit the last shot in 98.

No news stories on riots?
    http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...ed_in_fre.html

Thanks but this link is about the Concords.

I was asking about the XIVs which came out on December 17. eh I am lazy i will be google myself.
    Last edited by 9512; 12-24-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Banned

I will step on people's shoes if I see them wearing them.

Make it look like an accident.

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

Oh please. There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?

This isn't me bashing Jordan the player. I love Jordan the player. He's the GOAT. But Jordan the person sounds like a dick.
    Does he not pay his taxes? Did he rob somebody? Is he not taking care of his mother? Is he leaving his kids hungry every night?

There are people out there with serious problems that can't work but just because they can speak they're some how supposed to be able to make a living?
    So they have problems means its ok to BEG? And Michael Jordan's a dick because he doesn't agree with that approach?...hmm
    Last edited by StarJordan; 12-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

If it wasn't for his basketball ability, Michael Jordan himself would've been working at McDonald's or some job like that.
    Michael Jordan took AP chemistry in high school WHILE being a spectacular basketball player....apart from being a super basketball player, he is also very intelligent and I guarantee he wouldn't be working at mcdonalds (which is still better than being a beggar) even if he never was a NBA player.

One of Jordan's brothers retired as a captain in the US army.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    When are those coming out? If I were to get those I would go online at midnight to eastbay and place my order. I really want the retro 7's that are supposed to come out next year.
    I'm not sure when they come out. I'd guess they won't drop until at least mid-January. Maybe longer. Either way, that colorway is wayyyy better than the black/white colorway that everyone has.

Retro 7's? You talking about the playoff versions?

And yeah....MJ is my favorite player of all time but I lost a ton of respect for the guy after the Chamillionaire story. He's an asshole....worst part is is that it seems to be because he's rich and famous. Honestly, a part of me doesn't even wanna support the guy anymore....but his shoes are still fly as hell. Not gonna lie...

Just got these in the mail so I'm happy. My all time favorite shoe and colorway:

Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

I'm fine with my 00 and dmp Concords.

@ these riots