Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why don't the L.A. Clippers just move to San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus
    why cant a laker fan enjoy both teams?
    i mean dude... its also a home team, nothing different from lakers.

Im actually pretty stoked for the Clippers, their fans, and Los Angeles with this potential pick of Blake. I think it'll help the organization for certain.

With that being said, I dont think San Diego would be a bad choice either. Great, great place.

Good High School Starter

If it's true that they stay in LA for profit issues, then I think that's really sad. They should go back to San Diego, because despite them being in LA, no one looks at them as the Los Angeles Clippers; they are simply the Clippers, and come off as the black sheep of LA's teams.

Lakers and Mavs are my favorite teams, but I also like other teams (just not as much), like the Bulls and Blazers, because of their roster. And I want to like the Clippers, but they just seem so out of place in LA.

If they're in their own city, you can't help but think they'll be expected to do a lot more than they have since coming to LA, where no one really wants to promote them over the Lakers; that includes fans or the media, and especially not the NBA.
    Last edited by Apples; 05-20-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

As a resident of LA, I'm happy that we have 2 teams, so we have double the chance of winning the Championships each year.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

just wait 3-4 years when all the wannabe-trendy LA bandwagon yuppies see all the old/washed up players on the lakers mixed with all the no-name 30th overall draft picks and then look over and see guys like Gordon, Griffin, Jordan etc. on the Clippers and the same follower-ass know-nothing laker frontrunners who gave clipper fans a bunch of **** will suddenly act like they're down with the other LA team and its all love lol gtfo

National High School Star

It would be really stupid for them to leave. They're one of the few teams to consistantly turn a profit. The got to move in to a state of the art arena without doing any of the heavy lifting on the place. Every few years they get gifted an elite player through the draft and get to pay him peanuts while he's on his rookie salary. May not be prestigious, but at least they're not having to contemplate moving against their will like the Sonics or the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by BRINKER
    just wait 3-4 years when all the wannabe-trendy LA bandwagon yuppies see all the old/washed up players on the lakers mixed with all the no-name 30th overall draft picks and then look over and see guys like Gordon, Griffin, Jordan etc. on the Clippers and the same follower-ass know-nothing laker frontrunners who gave clipper fans a bunch of **** will suddenly act like they're down with the other LA team and its all love lol gtfo

Living in LA, i do NOT doubt for a second that it could go down that way.

I agree that the Clippers shouldn't move on a business standpoint. However, that's just BS for a basketball fan. Look at cities like Seattle clamoring for a team while franchises like the Clippers latch on to a city that does not need them for $$$.

Seriously, are there any Los Angeles residents who root for the Clippers #1 then the Lakers, or not at all? It seems those living in Los Angeles just like the fact that they have a default #2 team.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I agree that the Clippers shouldn't move on a business standpoint. However, that's just BS for a basketball fan. Look at cities like Seattle clamoring for a team while franchises like the Clippers latch on to a city that does not need them for $$$.

Seriously, are there any Los Angeles residents who root for the Clippers #1 then the Lakers, or not at all? It seems those living in Los Angeles just like the fact that they have a default #2 team.
    There are plenty of clipper only fans in LA, trust me. In fact some of the are the most ardent laker haters out there.

It sucks that there are cities without nba franchises, but I don't believe any city is owed one. Like I don't think LA is owed an NFL team just because it's LA. If a city thinks it can support an NBA team then it's up to them to build the infrastructure and lure a team out there.

Banned

E.Gor and Griffin together? FTW

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

I hope the Clippers sign Allen Iverson as well, he can lead the team to a playoffs season.

NBA Superstar

putting them in Anaheim would actually make the most sense.

Bol'd over

I like their old look:

For those who don't know, a 'Clipper' is a type of boat.

Kind of irrelevant, I've been wanting to say this for some time, but....

Why the **** would you be a Clippers fan when you live in the same city as the ****ing Lakers? I never understood that. At all. It's like choosing Copper over Gold...

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    Kind of irrelevant, I've been wanting to say this for some time, but....

Why the **** would you be a Clippers fan when you live in the same city as the ****ing Lakers? I never understood that. At all. It's like choosing Copper over Gold...
    You can be biased toward your team and not be stereotyped as a "typical Laker fan"

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    Because San Diego is too old, white, and Republican.
    Works fine for Orlando