Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Gary Payton didnt join his closest rivals.. He went to what LA? Miami? Seattle wasnt in a big rivalry with them at those times at all.
    Rivalry only matters to people within the rivalry. We've seen no signs of players in general disrespecting Allen.
    Heat Celtics and in general Bron-Celtics was one of the biggest rivalries in basketball. And ray jumped just as his ship was sinking to the other side. You have to use context.
    So? If they told Allen he would still be a starter and make 10 mil a year he'd probably still be here. He was a free agent, meaning he could sign wherever he wanted to. He chose to go to a team that his previous employer was a rival of. His business. The Celts didn't like it, us fans didn't like it, but he played hard when he was here, never cheated the game in any way, and remains a total pro. Unless he's one of the Celtics that played alongside him, why would another player be angered by his action? Makes no sense.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25

Ray Allen's mark on this game is indelible. Doesn't matter who "respects" him or not.
    If that's so then why are you on the thread? Who gives a shit if someone respect him or not? Right?

Lol at that example - doesn't in any way, shape or form rebutted what I had to say. A lot of players in this league deliver - that's why they made it to the NBA.

Your competitive spirit, drive, morals, and ethics are also taken into account. If we were all judged on our ability to deliver then there is little uniqueness factor among all humans - certainly not the case.

This thread can be broken down into two camps:

1. Those who believe Ray Allen's decisions and conduct do not in any way affect their respect/opinion of the person.

2. Those who believe Ray Allen's decision and conduct play a role in their respect for the person.

No need to convince one side or the other for either of the two. It's clear both are grounded in strong opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I wonder when Noah's contract is up. I'm sure he wouldn't mind joining the Heat for less money and become their starting C.
    Different scenario. Ray Allen will probably be retired within the next 2-3 years whereas Noah might even con the max out of someone and be one of the East's 3 best centers for the next 5+ years. Ray Allen has had his max deals, probably has a ton of $, he can value a ring over the MLE or whatever the Cs were offering. Plus Noah isn't mad at Chi the way Allen was mad at the Cs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rivalry only matters to people within the rivalry. We've seen no signs of players in general disrespecting Allen.

So? If they told Allen he would still be a starter and make 10 mil a year he'd probably still be here. He was a free agent, meaning he could sign wherever he wanted to. He chose to go to a team that his previous employer was a rival of. His business. The Celts didn't like it, us fans didn't like it, but he played hard when he was here, never cheated the game in any way, and remains a total pro. Unless he's one of the Celtics that played alongside him, why would another player be angered by his action? Makes no sense.
    Who said other players would be angered by his actions? No one's angry and the thread is asking if we have lost respect for him. No anger involved.. Just opinions on the matter. If anything it be more of a smh type reaction like really dude? The heat?

And there were 28 other teams he could've gone to.. He went to the heat. Their chief rivals and the guys they hated. Obviously KG doesn't respect him anymore.. Wouldn't even shake his hand at times. And deservedly so. As a fan of the game I agree with KGs sentiments.

NBA rookie of the year

Outside of Boston fans, the only people who have lost respect for Ray Allen are those who resented the Heat prior to, for which I can say who gives a f*ck if they lost respect for him or not?

It's called free agency. Deal with it.

Banned

I lost respect but not primarily because he went to the heat. Just the way he handled it from what all the boston staff and players have said. Tried to paint it as a Rondo issue when he was making stuff up and acting like a princess in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Who said other players would be angered by his actions.
    Read up.
    No one's angry and the thread is asking if we have lost respect for him. No anger involved.. Just opinions on the matter. If anything it be more of a smh type reaction like really dude? The heat?

And there were 28 other teams he could've gone to.. He went to the heat. Their chief rivals and the guys they hated. Obviously KG doesn't respect him anymore.. Wouldn't even shake his hand at times. And deservedly so. As a fan of the game I agree with KGs sentiments.
    KG would be one of the players within the rivalry.

No one had a bad word to say about Ray until he left for Miami.
    What does that say about the situation?

Perhaps he had very good reasoning that the average ISH poster does not know about.

Zero

NBA lottery pick

Nope. But he's bitchmade.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    STFU you scum of the earth bandwagoning loser. Not everyone wants to live in miami.
    Every rich man wants to live in a good place like Miami, LA or NY.

And I guess I'm sorry if I have no attachments to any teams on the NBA. I'm not even from America. What is the point of supporting a team from a city I've never even been to?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I wonder when Noah's contract is up. I'm sure he wouldn't mind joining the Heat for less money and become their starting C.
    If there wasn't a salary cap Noah would have been in Miami if they wanted him. It's like soccer, Barca and Real Madrid get every player they want or baseball with the Yankees. Noah isn't in Chicago because he's loyal or some dumb shit like that. Let's be real, he's there because they are a good team, in a good city and they are the team that can offer him the most money.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    If that's so then why are you on the thread? Who gives a shit if someone respect him or not? Right?

Lol at that example - doesn't in any way, shape or form rebutted what I had to say. A lot of players in this league deliver - that's why they made it to the NBA.

Your competitive spirit, drive, morals, and ethics are also taken into account. If we were all judged on our ability to deliver then there is little uniqueness factor among all humans - certainly not the case.

This thread can be broken down into two camps:

1. Those who believe Ray Allen's decisions and conduct do not in any way affect their respect/opinion of the person.

2. Those who believe Ray Allen's decision and conduct play a role in their respect for the person.

No need to convince one side or the other for either of the two. It's clear both are grounded in strong opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.
    I'm just attempting to appeal to perhaps a few intelligent, open-minded invididuals that might be able to recognize merit in someone else's viewpoint. Trying to divert from the usual drivel that can run rampant on these boards.

Banned

Why do people keep saying 28 other teams? Do people actually prefer a Celtic player to go to a Laker team and vice versa where there rivalry spans basically from the beginning of the NBA? The fck is this?

Plus, it isn't about the money for Ray. He wants to continue to be great and he views greatness as getting to the playoffs and winning a championship while still creating a major impact. Out of all the destinations, Grizzlies, Clippers, Heat (and maybe one other team) SHOWED interest in Allen. I don't remember 28 teams asking for Ray's services.

If he wanted to feel important, why the fck would he join a team that does not want to covet Allen? Sure he can get more playing time in other locations, but he's done that with the Bucks, Sonics, and Celtics. The role? Yeah he can have a bigger role in a shitty team, but he's done that already as well. There's really nothing left for Allen to strive for other than to still make an impact and getting more rings. If you guys said maybe 5 other teams, it wouldn't sound farfetch'd.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    No one had a bad word to say about Ray until he left for Miami.
    What does that say about the situation?

Perhaps he had very good reasoning that the average ISH poster does not know about.
    There are MULTIPLE reasons why he left Celtics, not just one. He even said that in the interview. Lots of people seem to think it's just one reason he went to Miami.
    Last edited by Killbot; 04-16-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

This is a business. Ray Allen is free to do whatever he wants. He owes the Celtics nothing. They had already won a ring together, and made another Finals.

They were thinking of trading him to Memphis, aka "we don't want you here". He played out his contract and left for a better team. The Celts weren't winning the chip anyway.