Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Steph Curry had a CLEAR concussion. Why isn't anyone calling out the Warriors/NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    This one time I ran down a flight of stairs so fast that I was dizzy at the bottom. Struggled to walk straight.

Guess running down stairs gave me a concussion. Who knew.
    Just means you are out of shape. If it were preceeded by a nasty fall with head trauma, then it CERTAINLY would have been classified as such.

Default Re: Steph Curry had a CLEAR concussion. Why isn't anyone calling out the Warriors/NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Attention seeking?

Aether.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    You don't need to perform any tests when you can SEE the symptoms. If there are any symptoms, it is treated as a concussion. Period. Thats the protocol.

We SAW him wobbly, requiring assistance to get back into the locker room. Done. Concussion confirmed. No further tests required. Hell, its one of the few symptoms you simply cannot lie about.

AMC wasn't concussed, deal with it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Just means you are out of shape. If it were preceeded by a nasty fall with head trauma, then it CERTAINLY would have been classified as such.
    I doubt that.

And the cause of said dizziness or injury can certainly suggest the best course of action, but it is not an adequate diagnoses in itself.

Now, if the NBA protocol dictates that any player BELIEVED to have been concussed must sit out, then I agree with your point. It certainly looked like a concussion was a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Attention seeking?

He knee was ok. They put some Gatorade on it.

College superstar

I doubt that.

And the cause of said dizziness or injury can certainly suggest the best course of action, but it is not an adequate diagnoses in itself.

Now, if the NBA protocol dictates that any player BELIEVED to have been concussed must sit out, then I agree with your point. It certainly looked like a concussion was a foregone conclusion.
    Then its likely a heart issue.

I just got my first concussion a few months ago. They didn't even run the actual tests because it was evident I had one and the tests were far less reliable than the fact that I had symptoms. Having WATCHED his symptoms there is no question in my mind he got a concussion.

Given that the Drs are paid by the team and know the process if they admitted it was a concussion, I think its hilarious that people think they are more trustworthy than what we all saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    Coming back with a concussion when you are up 3-0 is pretty stupid. I would agree if it was a game 6 or 7 but he is just risking harm by doing that.
    Yup. That is what I was saying in the game thread last night. I would have sat Steph down for the rest of the game, since the Rockets were up 12-15 points at the time. No point in risking a player's health.

This one time I ran down a flight of stairs so fast that I was dizzy at the bottom. Struggled to walk straight.

Guess running down stairs gave me a concussion. Who knew.
    Because the same symptoms regardless of what preceded it leads to the exact same diagnosis right? Like if a guy comes in with a high white blood cell count I'm right away going to assume he has leukemia (blood cancer) instead of maybe checking if he has an infection first? If you feel light headed after hitting your head, that's likely a concussion. If you feel light headed after a quick rush, or upon getting up, that's likely presyncope or orthostatic hypotension. Your attempted comparison is terrible.

And the tests a doctor is going to do for a concussion is a general HPI and CNS physical exam - vision, headache, nausea, coordination, etc. Curry saying he feels woozy and was having trouble balancing right? A doctor isn't going to check for your coordination if your balance is already off while walking.

Actual tests (imaging like MRI or CT) are only for if the guy is having seizures or vomiting to check for increased CSF pressure or a bleed, not to diagnose a concussion.

Not to mention, you don't need to be a doctor to diagnose a concussion. A lot of trainers and personnel around athletes are taught how to spot one, and when to take them to the hospital.
    Last edited by Dave3; 05-26-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Maybe he was but that's the kind of situation where almost everyone involved could/would cover it up. It's like when Julian Edelman got hit in the Superbowl and just popped right back up to avoid the concussion protocol. When teams have a championship in sight player safety sometimes takes a back seat. That may not be right but it's true.

College superstar

Rockets fans aren't complaining about Curry's dizzy ass coming back into the game. His air ball and bricked shot kept us from getting swept.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    He was just attention seeking, no way was he concussed from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    Aren't you cool, Mr. Tough Guy.
    No you're just a puss

NBA sixth man of the year

I couldn't tell if he had a concussion. He was draining shots like his usual self, no rim.......