Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Steph Curry had a CLEAR concussion. Why isn't anyone calling out the Warriors/NBA?

I'm relieved he is ok. But he admitted he has had concussions before and he needed help walking back to the locker room and was CLEARLY woozy (a clear sign a concussion took place).

Are the Warriors/NBA seriously suggesting there was no concussion when the world saw there was?

Why is no one addressing the elephant in the room?

If a player is diagnosed with concussion, he will not return to participation on that same day.

I think it is because of how easy it is to be out for a week or two with a concussion and if he didn't come back in the Dubs could have been without the MVP for a week or more.

Default Re: Steph Curry had a CLEAR concussion. Why isn't anyone calling out the Warriors/NBA?

This ain't the NFL baby.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Steph Curry had a CLEAR concussion. Why isn't anyone calling out the Warriors/NBA?

To be completely honest, and obviously there's no way I'd could know for sure, but when I saw Curry hit the floor, I really didn't think it was going to be very serious.

I've certainly been there before and I'm sure a lot of us have (having our legs taken out during a shot block attempt). There's potential for it to be very bad but sometimes one can escape relatively scathe-free. In Curry's case, it looked like his head shared first contact with his back (which sounds bad, but it actually can cushion the head). There was also limited snapping of the neck and bouncing of said head.

Lastly, he was conscious throughout, able to sit upward before deciding to lay face down. Obviously, consciousness doesn't mean a concussion didn't take place but again, for that type of fall, it seemed as though he ended up landing in a manner to avoid serious injury.

That said, I admit I wondered about the "contusion" thing, as to whether it was a way to skirt concussion testing... but I think they tested him, no?

Banned

Coming back with a concussion when you are up 3-0 is pretty stupid. I would agree if it was a game 6 or 7 but he is just risking harm by doing that.

He should get a two games ban

Can't allow teams and players to go around the protocols

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    Coming back with a concussion when you are up 3-0 is pretty stupid. I would agree if it was a game 6 or 7 but he is just risking harm by doing that.
    I'm thinking they had him come back to show that he is fine so they don't have league doctors look at him and rule him out for game 5.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

He was just attention seeking, no way was he concussed from that.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah
    I'm thinking they had him come back to show that he is fine so they don't have league doctors look at him and rule him out for game 5.
    im pretty sure he came back because he was feeling fine, not because he was trying to out-level the league

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    He was just attention seeking, no way was he concussed from that.
    Attention seeking?

Banned

Good thought, that could be. However I doubt the NBA would force a ratings machine in Curry to sit out. This isn't the NFL, the NBA doesn't have a concussion problem and isn't battling constant concussion related lawsuits.

College superstar

This is exactly what I thought when they rolled out that ridiculous "contusion" line during the broadcast. If he didn't come back in he clearly would have been in the program and who knows how long he is out. A week or two with some symptoms is perfectly normal. And it would have been a bad week or two to be out.

Balance issues are a clear sign of a concussion. The fact that he couldn't get up for 5 min is really suspicious. But the fact that he had to be helped back into the locker room is downright damning.

And he admitted he has had concussions in the past. Its borderline criminal to put him back in that kind of danger (another blow to the head could have led to permanent symptoms).
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 05-26-2015 at 12:49 PM.

I'm thinking he should stop being a bitch.

I've ran over bombs and gotten concussions and nobody held my hand and babied me.

Your a grown ass man, and a millionaire. Stop being a puss.

Football players too, but more so.

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

I've ran over bombs and gotten concussions and nobody held my hand and babied me.

Banned

Aren't you cool, Mr. Tough Guy.

That's the same logic as "well kids in Africa can't even have this, so why are you complaining?" There's a reason protocols exist for dealing with certain injuries, and just because you personally had something happen to you that wasn't dealt with ideally, doesn't mean that should be the standard of care for everyone else out there.

Yeah one concussion isn't going to do much, but the protocols are there because multiple concussions to the same person are going to result in long term neurological damage, and playing a game isn't worth more than that.