Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Go Spurs Go

Default WOW Kobe made Gasol, Bynum, LO, Artest, Ariza champions...HOW?

How the *** did Kobe take these dudes to back2back chips? I see these names and all I see is hot garbage, with the exception of the spaniard who is good, but not even as good as prime Bosh right now, whos the 3rd option on the Heat...

Default Re: WOW Kobe made Gasol, Bynum, LO, Artest, Ariza champions...HOW?

You sure you're a Spurs fan?

NBA Superstar

Ariza is balling for the Wizards this year. and he was great with the Lakers. just in between that he's been mediocre bad.

Love Live Life

Horrible troll attempt

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I also can't believe he made a team with Shaq, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton get all the way to the Finals. None of those scrubs are good enough to even be in the league right now.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I also can't believe he made a team with Shaq, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton get all the way to the Finals. None of those scrubs are good enough to even be in the league right now.
    Last I checked neither Payton nor Malone had it in them in their prime. Had to rely on baby Kobe to carry those old broken fools to the Finals for a gifted ring. It wasn't enough that they spent most of the season getting injured and outplayed by what later turned out to be nobodies.

Shaq was Shaq that's probably it. Even Fisher, a youngling back then was a disappointment.

People gotta watch some tape before spewing filth. I do understand not everyone is a Laker fan to know what really happened. Or, as is the case with ISH, not old enough.

You know they were a weak cast when Kobe had to go toe to toe with Tracy just to get a win off the Orlando f'cking Magic. Spurs were always lunch for Kobe.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 01-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Those teams fit perfectly around Bryant.

Also, Phil Jackson really helped a lot too.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Last I checked neither Payton nor Malone had it in them in their prime. Had to rely on baby Kobe to carry those old broken fools to the Finals for a gifted ring. It wasn't enough that they spent most of the season getting injured and outplayed by what later turned out to be nobodies.

Shaq was Shaq that's probably it. Even Fisher, a youngling back then was a disappointment.

People gotta watch some tape before spewing filth. I do understand not everyone is a Laker fan to know what really happened. Or, as is the case with ISH, not old enough.

You know they were a weak cast when Kobe that to go toe to toe with Tracy just to get a win off the Orlando f'cking Magic. Spurs were always lunch for Kobe.
    I think his point was what all those players that the OP mentioned are in 2014 (hot garbage) really has nothing to do what they were in 2009 and 2010 just like what Payton and Malone were in 1994 has nothing to do with what they were in 2004.

Banned

week era for trollin, 2/10

its just a coincidence lamar odom is retired, that bynum is retired, that gasol is 0-20 in playoff games w/o kobe...just a coincidence, remember, just a coincidence..kobe won with a super stacked team and the most dominant front court known to man..just a coincidence..

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    its just a coincidence lamar odom is retired, that bynum is retired, that gasol is 0-20 in playoff games w/o kobe...just a coincidence, remember, just a coincidence..kobe won with a super stacked team and the most dominant front court known to man..just a coincidence..
    What a convenient way of looking at things

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    What a convenient way of looking at things
    He's being sarcastic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I think his point was what all those players that the OP mentioned are in 2014 (hot garbage) really has nothing to do what they were in 2009 and 2010 just like what Payton and Malone were in 1994 has nothing to do with what they were in 2004.
    Bynum was nothing but a role player in the championship years, Gasol never won a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe, Lamar Odom coincidentally became absolute garbage after he left Kobe, artest sucked so badly at the offensive end his defense barely made up for it, Ariza is a nobody. Kobe carried them hard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    lamar odom was always one of the best all around players in the league and super talented.

this is a player that put up 17/10/4 the year before coming to the Lakers and entering his prime.

the notion that kobe made gasol (a 18/9/3 player from day 1 in the league) and odom is absurd.

of course Kobe made life easier on them though...they played in perfect roles next to an alpha like Kobe. Odom is the perfect 3rd do it all option and Gasol (in his prime) was easily the best 2nd option in the league

Also, a guy like Ariza is perfectly suited to play less of a role...he actually excels in that because he does stuff that is valuable

give Kobe/Phil credit for making life easier on these guys and allowing them to play in their strengths, but please don't call them bums...many teams in history would be lining up to take prime gasol/odom as the 2nd/3rd best players on a team coached by Phil Jackson

Also, Gasol made life easier on Kobe as well. Someone to play offense, great passer, unselfish, legit 7 footer that could play forward and center...give you 20/10/3 in the playoffs...

Come on now...