Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Jordan Says Only 4 Current Player Could Play in His Era

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    That is because it is a horrible list. Did you really compare Mullin to Mike Miller? Rice to Webster?

Ever hear of a guy named Mashburn? Gill?

No mention of Drexler and Mitch Richmond among the SGs?

Wow
    I had Richmond on my other list in my post I cut this from (Lebron in the 1990's). Cut and paste missed him. Jordan often said he was the best wing player of that generation.

Monster Mash I just totally missed - he did make the top ten list once in the 90's, got hurt early in his career. Over the decade he scored over 20ppg only three times when he played full time. Averaged 47 games played per season over his 13 years. A slight overlook... Don't try to pretend he was some huge miss.

A healthy Miller wasn't bad, he shot the three ball better than Mullin in general and could have the ocassional explosive game like Mullin. Mullin was really prolific for three years in the 90's in that run TMC format where he took a lot of shots. When they were taking the same amount of shots they were very similar - maybe you can tell me the difference?

But please discuss content. Those guys would get totally demolished by Durant on both sides of the ball. Lebron would have a much easier time back then. Mello would be much better on these guys. Wade would be dunking a heck of a lot more. KG would be one of the quicker SF's. Derrick Rose and Chris Paul. You believe in that nonsense MJ said? Really - I grew up 80's and 90's. He's lost his mind.

The Answer

The top 30 players today could play in the 1980's-1990's.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    LeBron = greatest defender of all time in the 90's.

Jason Terry laughs at you

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
    The top 30 players today could play in the 1980's-1990's.
    Just post on your Lebron23 account retard.

...yet he says Durant is coming up right behind Kobe and LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817
    Jason Terry laughs at you
    Because LeBron fails while defending Jason Terry in the 90's, right?

The Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Just post on your Lebron23 account retard.
    Just Shut the F*ck up!!. You are a terrible poster. You have Kobe's nuts inside your mouth.

5-time NBA All-Star

Thank God David Stern named the Finals MVP Award after Bill " I have 5 more rings than Jordan" Russell.

Yes, If he's doing a ring count then he's given up on being number one. Russell would have to be almost twice as good as himself.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Because LeBron fails while defending Jason Terry in the 90's, right?
    Lol he couldn't guard him in any era. Scrub now without Dirk tho

Just Shut the F*ck up!!. You are a terrible poster. You have Kobe's nuts inside your mouth.
    No, but you don't understand. He a Nets fan. He barely ever talks about Kobe.

The Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Yes, If he's doing a ring count then he's given up on being number one. Russell would have to be almost twice as good as himself.

I like Michael Jordan, But I don't see him sincerely congratulating the NBA Finals MVP Recipients.

David Stern picked Russell because he's the ultimate team player, and his ego is not as big as MJ.

11 championships in 13 years. Someone already posted his Finals stats. Russell was a great Finals performer.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

I like Michael Jordan, But I don't see him sincerely congratulating the NBA Finals MVP Recipients.

David Stern picked Russell because he's the ultimate team player, and his ego is not as big as MJ.

11 championships in 13 years. Someone already posted his Finals stats. Russell was a great Finals performer.
    Bill Russell's ego is thousands of miles beyond the stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker

renowned talent judge Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I had Richmond on my other list in my post I cut this from (Lebron in the 1990's). Cut and paste missed him. Jordan often said he was the best wing player of that generation.

Monster Mash I just totally missed - he did make the top ten list once in the 90's, got hurt early in his career. Over the decade he scored over 20ppg only three times when he played full time. Averaged 47 games played per season over his 13 years. A slight overlook... Don't try to pretend he was some huge miss.

A healthy Miller wasn't bad, he shot the three ball better than Mullin in general and could have the ocassional explosive game like Mullin. Mullin was really prolific for three years in the 90's in that run TMC format where he took a lot of shots. When they were taking the same amount of shots they were very similar - maybe you can tell me the difference?

But please discuss content. Those guys would get totally demolished by Durant on both sides of the ball. Lebron would have a much easier time back then. Mello would be much better on these guys. Wade would be dunking a heck of a lot more. KG would be one of the quicker SF's. Derrick Rose and Chris Paul. You believe in that nonsense MJ said? Really - I grew up 80's and 90's. He's lost his mind.

Demolished by Durant, so weak he probably couldnt do 10 pushups? Put the hand check back in play and Durant would be even more turnover prone and wouldn't be getting free passes to the line all game. It would be much tougher for him to get clean looks. I think he would be the guy most aversely affected by the old rules.

Jordan used to get hammered routinely because nobody could stop him which is why he got into weightlifting. No way could Durant take that pounding and maintain his current production.

Lebron would be Lebron in any era, but he would have a tougher time against Pippen/Rodman than he has against anyone he faces now. And don't forget Xman who could also probably defend him better than anyone today.

Wade would be ready to retire by now if he played back then. He has already had a bunch of injury problems from all the times he has hit the floor, which would happen alot more back then. A flagrant 2 now was just a hard foul back then.

I am not talking about what MJ said. He is clearly bitter that Lebron is challenging his legacy. I am talking about the nonsensical posts i am seeing. there are a bunch of undersized 2s starting now that would have no chance against MJ. MJ would win the scoring title every year playing now without the hand check.

No, but you don't understand. He a Nets fan. He barely ever talks about Kobe.
    Says the Heat/Lakers fan