Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Coach Thibbs and the media owe us an apology

.. for perpetrating a massive lie along with the media that the strongside flood is a tougher defensive tactic than what previous eras faced.

Hey Thibbs, nice try at lying you ****ing dumbass, but we're smarter than that - newsflash: strongside floods aren't needed when all 5 defenders are already on the strongside (see example in GIF above) - this was the case in previous eras when there was no 3-point shooting or floor-spreaders on the weakside to take defenders away from the strongside.

The amazing thing about Thibbs' lie is how easy it can be proven a lie (i just did it in paragraph above, and i'm about to do it again) - strongside floods are merely weakside defenders flooding BACK OVER to the strongside, after first being drawn away by weakside floor-spreaders.. But obviously, previous eras didn't have 3-point shooting or weakside floor-spreaders, so they didn't have to leave the strongside to begin with and therefore didn't have to flood back over.

But nonetheless, it gives everyone that fuzzy feeling to say everything is more advanced today, so people overlook reality, and fall hook-line-and-sinker for the Thibbs' lie/stupidity (not sure which one it is).. ****ing lames

Default Re: Coach Thibbs and the media owe us an apology

Why would Thibs lie?

Very good NBA starter

Interesting, so does this mean Lebron>Jordan?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he's smarter than you

Someone send this thread to the NBA.

That will show Thibs! And hey who knows? Maybe it'll get him blackballed?!?!?

im on the phone with thibbs right now ill ask him about it

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    im on the phone with thibbs right now ill ask him about it
    Tell Thibs I said give some of those bench guys a spin and see how shit works out. From a concerned bulls fan.

If a first time ISH visitor looked at your avatar, he might think you're a fan of John Salley's ass (or whoever that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s

Interesting, so does this mean Lebron>Jordan?
    In the picture below, weakside floor-spreaders have drawn defenders away from the strongside.. If Noah doesn't leave #20 Mosgov and flood to the strongside, the strongside will only have 2 defenders on it.. This demonstrates how spacing necessitates flooding - defenders must flood BACK to the strongside (Noah), only because they were originally drawn away by floor-spreaders on the weakside (Mosgov)

Otoh, previous eras didn't have weakside floor-spreaders drawing defenders away from the strongside, so the strongside was usually ALREADY FLOODED with all 5 defenders, as seen below:

Without 3-point shooting, previous eras didn't have spacing or weakside floor-spreaders to draw defenders away from the strongside, so players faced more defenders on the strongside than today's game.. In today's game, weakside spacing ensures a more porous distribution of strongside defenders that prevents today's players from ever having to face a strongside with all 5 defenders on it.

Accordingly, the stats of today's players should be downgraded appropriately, particularly the paint and at-rim efficiencies that benefited from the porous strongside defense.. It should also be noted that the porous spacing also allows today's players to take longer with decisions, while getting away with a weaker, less sophisticated repertoire and isolation ability.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

Why would Thibs lie?
    Not sure.. But he clearly did, or he's just that dumb.. A strongside doesn't need to be flooded when defenders are already on that side to begin with..

Defenders will always remain on the strongside when there aren't weakside floor-spreaders to draw them away - today's game has those weakside floor-spreaders, while previous eras didn't and usually had strongsides that remained perpetually flooded with all 5 defenders.

This is not conjecture - any old game shows 100 possessions or more per game where the strongside is flooded with all 5 defenders.

Otoh, due to weakside floor-spacing, the today's strongside is usually left with only 2 defenders, requiring a 3rd defender to flood over - this is porous compared to the strongsides of previous eras that usually had all 5 defenders on it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    In the picture below, weakside floor-spreaders have drawn defenders away from the strongside.. If Noah doesn't leave #20 Mosgov and flood to the strongside, the strongside will only have 2 defenders on it.. This demonstrates how spacing necessitates flooding - defenders must flood BACK to the strongside (Noah), only because they were originally drawn away by floor-spreaders on the weakside (Mosgov)

Otoh, previous eras didn't have weakside floor-spreaders drawing defenders away from the strongside, so the strongside was usually ALREADY FLOODED with all 5 defenders, as seen below:

Without 3-point shooting, previous eras didn't have spacing or weakside floor-spreaders to draw defenders away from the strongside, so players faced more defenders on the strongside than today's game.. In today's game, weakside spacing ensures a more porous distribution of strongside defenders that prevents today's players from ever having to face a strongside with all 5 defenders on it.

Accordingly, the stats of today's players should be downgraded appropriately, particularly the paint and at-rim efficiencies that benefited from the porous strongside defense.. It should also be noted that the porous spacing also allows today's players to take longer with decisions, while getting away with a weaker, less sophisticated repertoire and isolation ability.
    No.

No.
    There was no 3-point shooting or weakside floor-spreaders in previous eras to draw defenders away from the strongside, so I can show you 100 possessions per game where the strongside had all 5 defenders on it.

Can you show me ANY possessions from today's game where the strongside has all 5 defenders on it?

Otherwise, stfu

Very good NBA starter

There was no 3-point shooting or weakside floor-spreaders in previous eras to draw defenders away from the strongside, so I can show you 100 possessions per game where the strongside had all 5 defenders on it.

Can you show me ANY possessions from today's game where the strongside has all 5 defenders on it?

Otherwise, stfu
    Show me all 100 before i roast ur ass

Show me all 100 before i roast ur ass
    i said i CAN show you, not that i'm dumb enough to post 100 pictures that the sky is blue - 2 or 3 should be enough, and that's been done already itt.

And I shouldn't have to show you - you have youtube - go watch any game.

But use your head, not your heart - it's intuitive.. Defenders will always remain on the strongside when there aren't weakside floor-spreaders to draw them away - today's game has those weakside floor-spreaders, while previous eras didn't and usually had strongsides that remained perpetually flooded with all 5 defenders.

Very good NBA starter

i said i CAN show you, not that i'm dumb enough to post 100 pictures that the sky is blue - 2 or 3 should be enough, and that's been done already itt.

And I shouldn't have to show you - you have youtube - go watch any game.

But use your head, not your heart - it's intuitive.. Defenders will always remain on the strongside when there aren't weakside floor-spreaders to draw them away - today's game has those weakside floor-spreaders, while previous eras didn't and usually had strongsides that remained perpetually flooded with all 5 defenders.
    Didnt read.

Also, Lebron just passed Jordan for most 30/5/5 games tonight with 52