Good college starter

Default WOW..Interesting Theory of Foreshadowing in Dragonball Z

*SPOILER*

Obviously Frieza didnt win in the end, but its pretty uncanny how much similarities are in the end of both fights. I guess the good/bad divide looks different from whichever angle you view it from.

Banned

Default Re: WOW..Interesting Theory of Foreshadowing in Dragonball Z

Thats actually just cus Toriyama was lazy.

What am I supposed to see here? Fan fiction based on a parallel to the story?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    What am I supposed to see here? Fan fiction based on a parallel to the story?
    Basically Cell was using the Kamekameha on Gohan, and Gohan was attacking back with only one arm due to the other being immobilized. In this scenario Gohan was the good guy at a disadvantage.

In the Freiza saga, Goku took out Frieza by using the kamekameha while Frieza fought back with one arm, similar to Gohan. At the time Goku was bloodlusted since he was in rage mode after he became a super saiyan for the first time.

The difference comes in when Gohan is victorious but Frieza gets defeated by Goku. The comic just shows how things would look if Frieza ended up winning the way Gohan won, and it is pretty damn similar.

The point I gathered from it is you see things different when you are exposed to the good/bad wiring in your brain. Most people dont even notice its the exact same situation, just with a different result.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Basically Cell was using the Kamekameha on Gohan, and Gohan was attacking back with only one arm due to the other being immobilized. In this scenario Gohan was the good guy at a disadvantage.

In the Freiza saga, Goku took out Frieza by using the kamekameha while Frieza fought back with one arm, similar to Gohan. At the time Goku was bloodlusted since he was in rage mode after he became a super saiyan for the first time.

The difference comes in when Gohan is victorious but Frieza gets defeated by Goku. The comic just shows how things would look if Frieza ended up winning the way Gohan won, and it is pretty damn similar.

The point I gathered from it is you see things different when you are exposed to the good/bad wiring in your brain. Most people dont even notice its the exact same situation, just with a different result.
    It's not because of good writing. It's because Toriyama got bored and just redrew old pages with new characters inserted in to save time and effort because he couldn't be bothered to do something new. That's why cell arc was the worst in DBZ. Atleast with Buu he tried some new things.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh

The other difference is that Freeza fired his beam first. Goku was retaliating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    It's not because of good writing. It's because Toriyama got bored and just redrew old pages with new characters inserted in to save time and effort because he couldn't be bothered to do something new. That's why cell arc was the worst in DBZ. Atleast with Buu he tried some new things.
    I never really got into the Buu saga, and haven't watched the anime aside from the Majin Vegeta and Vegetto portions (on old fandubs; read the manga though). Maybe when that portion of Kai comes out I will. Really disliked what they did with Gohan's character (though Mystic Gohan was a badass), the kids never clicked with me, and I didn't really like Buu as an enemy. Strange enough though, I did like the movies from that period a lot.

The prime of the series was fighting the original Piccolo in DB through the Freeza arc. There are some positives of the Cell and Buu sagas for sure. SSJ3 was completely wasted though, didn't like how Gotenks picked it up so easily.

Good college starter

DBZ was originally intended to end after the Cell saga with Goku dying and Gohan taking his place as the primary hero as the show drew to a close. Thats why Gohan was so hyped up and why he was the one to beat Cell.

Due to the shows popularity though it ended up continuing, and Goku's popularity was so high that they had to bring him back, leading to Gohan's character being rendered directionless and being relegated to a secondary character from then on.

Thats why the Buu saga maybe seemed a bit off in some way as they were kinda winging it. It wasnt part of the original anime structure. To this day I maintain Frieza was one of the best villains in anime history.