Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tracy McGrady expected to sign with the Bulls

If McGrady even plays half as good as he was in his prime it's a bonus. That is if he can stay healthy. And doesn't bring his first round exit curse along with him.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking Tmac d[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ckrider. eat a d[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ck while you at it

yea i think of Iverson while discussing Tmac. I'm not saying he's going to **** up the Bulls but not sure if he's our missing puzzle piece.
    your probably right, but until we get out there and see the team play we might not know who we need in order to win it all, which by the way I think we have a shot at, Miami Boston orlando and even L.A are not invincible.

If he doesn't work out in the first month or show signs of causing problems cut him loose, he needs to realise he's not the same player anymore which I think he does unlike Iverson which is the only reason why people have not picked him up.

This first offseason move by the Bulls that I don't like.

T-Mac brings too much drama for the value. Bulls would be better off giving Deng and Korver the majority of PT at SF.

And T-Mac can't effectively play SG anymore. He's a complete liability on the defensive end because he lacks the lateral movement to stay in front of his man, or chase his man off screens.

Man, if this goes through..... Bulls are so deep i'm starting to believe they can not only compete w/ the easy way out ******* down in Miami, but possibly beat em.

The Bulls depth is beginning to look like something to not be ****ed w/. This team has allstars, offensive stars, defensive stoppers, rebounders, lack of shooting but still the best 3 Pt shooter in Korver.

Bball is a much easier game when roles are defined. The Bulls seem to have that part figured out w/ this roster.

I LOVE this team on paper. Alot is left to prove quite obviously, however, I never knew the Bulls could look this good w/ out landing one or 2 of LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

If this Bulls team defeated the Heat in the playoffs... I could think of nothing sweeter.

This Bulls team to me, is tougher and has more desire than the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Pretty much pending a physical.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5408617

T-Mac was awesome in about two games for the Knicks and terrible for most of them. I think with a full off season of training under his belt and if he can stay healthy ( ) he could be a very nice addition to this team. Would he start? Even though they talk about accepting a bench role, he might be capable.

Rose/Watson
    McGrady/Brewer
    Deng/Korver/Johnson
    Boozer/Gibson
    Noah/Thomas/Asik

That's a very,very complete lineup and anything McGrady can add would be a bonus. I can't wait to watch these guys against the Heat, Celtics, and Bucks among others.
    If he comes off the bench that is fine. Chicago is playing it smart. If he is a starter and misses, then he messes up the chemistry. If he is a bench player and misses than no big deal.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Man, if this goes through..... Bulls are so deep i'm starting to believe they can not only compete w/ the easy way out ******* down in Miami, but possibly beat em.

The Bulls depth is beginning to look like something to not be ****ed w/. This team has allstars, offensive stars, defensive stoppers, rebounders, lack of shooting but still the best 3 Pt shooter in Korver.

Bball is a much easier game when roles are defined. The Bulls seem to have that part figured out w/ this roster.

I LOVE this team on paper. Alot is left to prove quite obviously, however, I never knew the Bulls could look this good w/ out landing one or 2 of LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

If this Bulls team defeated the Heat in the playoffs... I could think of nothing sweeter.

This Bulls team to me, is tougher and has more desire than the Heat.
    Tracy McGrady doesn't make us better. Whatever he gives the team is a bonus as I don't expect much from him. You're looking at him from his toronto/ORL/houston days (pre-injury)

Dude is not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    there is nothing funny about the first round virgin!

There you go!

Smart pickup.

TMac will look great in a Bulls uniform sitting on the bench.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

T-Mac is a great pickup. He can play SF and SG properly. They needed a decent SF along with Deng, and honestly I am glad we have a possible starter at SG besides Brewer and Korver. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    After he made his return, he only missed ONE game all season, if I remember correctly.
    Yup, you're right. Though I don't think T-Mac was 100% even he did come back. It takes more than a year to come back fully healthy from the injury/surgeory he had, so I expect him to really surprise people this season. Big steal for the Bulls.

Decent playground baller

Bad signing IMO. I have a feeling that Tracy won't be as willing to come off the bench and be a role player on the Bulls as he would have been on the Heat or the Lakers. The Bulls have a good young nucleus, and McGrady is the kind of cat who could cause a lot of uneasiness in the locker room if he doesn't think he's getting the kind of shots or playing time that he wants.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Bulls also added Kurt Thomas recently too. Excellent defending big man who can play PF and C. He can also hit open mid range shots too. Very versetile player, though old. Good vet pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackisbig
    Bad signing IMO. I have a feeling that Tracy won't be as willing to come off the bench and be a role player on the Bulls as he would have been on the Heat or the Lakers. The Bulls have a good young nucleus, and McGrady is the kind of cat who could cause a lot of uneasiness in the locker room if he doesn't think he's getting the kind of shots or playing time that he wants.
    Give the dude more credit than that. You know he knows the situation in Chicago, and knows he isn't going to be "the guy". You don't sign with a team that has Rose and Boozer and expect to be even the #2 option. He's going to have a sort of Michael Finley type role. He might start, but won't be getting more than 12-15 shots per game. Enough to drop in 12-24 points depending on his FG% on a given night. Or he'll come off the bench. Either way, no matter what bad feelings Bulls fans might have for the guy. . .he EASILY makes the team better.

So the Bulls have signed: Boozer, T-Mac*, Kurt Thomas, Brewer, Korver. . .and added them to Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson. . . Their team is looking extremely good right now. I think after getting Thomas and T-Mac I might have to change my mind about my eastern conf' seeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackisbig
    How would it be better if he where to go to the Heat? He most definately wouldn't get as much playing time backing up either Wade or Lebron. With Chicago he would have a bigger role, ecspecially at gaurd. Such a move could be a risk worth taking.

It doesnt say he is expected to sign with them. It says they are prepared to make him an offer BASED ON HIS PHYSICAL and IF HE ACCEPTS A BENCH ROLE. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    How would it be better if he where to go to the Heat? He most definately wouldn't get as much playing time backing up either Wade or Lebron. With Chicago he would have a bigger role, ecspecially at gaurd. Such a move could be a risk worth taking.

Because even his ego would probably realize that he wouldn't get a ton of playing time there behind LBJ and Wade. In Chicago his inflated opinion of himself will make it hard to sit on the bench at all when Korver or Brewer are in the game.