Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki vs Dwight Howard

Right now, Dwight, obviously. But prime, probably Dirk. Howard hasnt reached his prime yet but I dont seeing him being as good as prime Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3ShowMVP
    coming from a guy who thinks D-Will > Cp3, so it's Dirk right?
    Oh really? What's so wrong with saying that. Deron Williams destroys Cp3 Head to Head and he's had more playoff success, while having the ball in his hands less puts up almost the same numbers.

Saying D-Will>CP3 = No Credibility.
    The two people who you're agreeing with in this thread put him above Cp3

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=174511

Half of all the posters in the thread ranking point guards put him over cp3.

But we don't have credibility? Yea ok

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    Right now, Dwight, obviously. But prime, probably Dirk. Howard hasnt reached his prime yet but I dont seeing him being as good as prime Dirk.
    Dirk is still in his prime and is still better than Dwight right now.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

Dirk and it's not even remotely close

Dwight still hasn't proven he can be "the man"

and unless your a guy your team can count on to score @ critical situations...you are NOT the man

and don't give me the FT BS because Shaq had FT problems but the lakers always went to him @ crunch time

Turkoglu was "the man" 2 seasons ago -- Dwight was just an incredible defensive presence.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Oh really? What's so wrong with saying that. Deron Williams destroys Cp3 Head to Head and he's had more playoff success, while having the ball in his hands less puts up almost the same numbers.
    More playoff success? Having the ball in his hands less? so I guess that basically means that the Hornets trust Paul more than the Jazz trust Williams? Which means he's better?

Head to head? Then Yao>Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfans818

and unless your a guy your team can count on to score @ critical situations...you are NOT the man

and don't give me the FT BS because Shaq had FT problems but the lakers always went to him @ crunch time

Turkoglu was "the man" 2 seasons ago -- Dwight was just an incredible defensive presence.
    LOLOL, and Dirk has?

Remember his MVP season? The one where he completely disappeared against GS? Leading his team to one of the most embarrassing moments in recent Sports history?

I love how people say "defense wins championships", and then immediately turn around and ride Dwight as if he's scoring like 8 ppg.

Also, what kind of man gets constantly pushed around by other teams?

Dirk's prime is better than Dwight right now (who hasn't reached his prime), but Dirk isn't as of this moment.

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

coming from a guy who thinks D-Will > Cp3, so it's Dirk right?
    lol People can't have opinions? I favor DWill over CP3 any day as well. Wait, that makes me lower than you? Is that how you little kids argue these days? If you don't agree, then I am superior? **** outta here.

Dirk any day. Just like I'd take Yao any day pre-2009.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaniloGallinari
    lol People can't have opinions? I favor DWill over CP3 any day as well. Wait, that makes me lower than you? Is that how you little kids argue these days? If you don't agree, then I am superior? **** outta here.

Dirk any day. Just like I'd take Yao any day pre-2009.
    No people can't have opinions.

I'm obviously biased here but put another vote down for Dirk.

More playoff success? Having the ball in his hands less? so I guess that basically means that the Hornets trust Paul more than the Jazz trust Williams? Which means he's better?

Head to head? Then Yao>Dwight
    Do you understand how Utah runs it's offense compared to New Orleans. New Orleans offense is completly reliant on Paul, Utah's isn't completly reliant on D-Will

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    LOLOL, and Dirk has?

Remember his MVP season? The one where he completely disappeared against GS? Leading his team to one of the most embarrassing moments in recent Sports history?

I love how people say "defense wins championships", and then immediately turn around and ride Dwight as if he's scoring like 8 ppg.

Also, what kind of man gets constantly pushed around by other teams?

Dirk's prime is better than Dwight right now (who hasn't reached his prime), but Dirk isn't as of this moment.
    So I guess Dirk choked, got manhandled, disappeared his way to the finals.

Don Nelson created Dirk, he is the guy who knows Dirk the best, at the same Mavs had Avery Johnson, a guy who worked as a assistent coach for Nelson. The Mavs was basicly Don Nelson old team, we got outcoached and outplayed, but blaming it on Dirk is wrong. Blame Don Nelson, he was the man behind it, give him and his Warriors some credits.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfans818

What exactly has Dirk done that Dwight hasn't? Dirk in many more years in the league has played in 2 conference finals and one finals. Dwight has played in 2 conference finals and one finals already.

And both had great conference finals series and both had offensive series below their usual standard in the finals, except unlike Dirk, Dwight was impacting the game at the other end, averaged like 15 boards, had a record 9 blocks in game 4 and don't give me that crap about Dwight missing the free throws at the end of game 4 because Dirk missed critical free throws in the finals as well, the difference is that Dirk was a 90% FT shooter missing clutch free throws, Dwight isn't even a 60% FT shooter.

Turkoglu was the man on that team? You're a complete moron. Dwight was the leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs at 21 ppg on 57% in the season and 20 ppg on 60% in the playoffs. He averaged 26/13/3 in the conference finals and he had a 40/14/4 game to send Orlando to the finals. Turk shot what? 39% in the conference finals? Turk was the team's 3rd leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs. And who was getting other teams into foul trouble and demanding more double teams than anyone else on the team? Not Turk, but I'll give you a hint, he plays center.

And what's up with your hatred of Dwight Howard, RG? Did he fuck your mom or something?

Give me Dwight over Dirk. Dirk might score an extra 5 ppg, but Dwight will get teams into more foul trouble and shooter a higher percentage, but the real difference is defense. Dwight will also grab an extra 5 rebounds per game, block more shots and change countless more shots in the paint.

Dwight is easily the more valuable player.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    So I guess Dirk choked, got manhandled, disappeared his way to the finals.

Don Nelson created Dirk, he is the guy who knows Dirk the best, at the same Mavs had Avery Johnson, a guy who worked as a assistent coach for Nelson. The Mavs was basicly Don Nelson old team, we got outcoached and outplayed, but blaming it on Dirk is wrong. Blame Don Nelson, he was the man behind it, give him and his Warriors some credits.
    Not blaming it solely on Dirk, as a matter of fact, I actually like him. My post came out kind of like a lashing, and for that I apologize.

But saying Dirk is better because he is "the man who can lead his team better" is dumb because Dirk has done nothing more for his team than Dwight has done.

Dirk's offense is better, and Dwight's defense is better. Dwight will never lead the league in scoring or get his FT% higher than 75% (and even that is a reach), and Dirk will never win DPOY or avg double-digit rebounds.