Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: wow Steven a SMITH really hates lin

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.
    I do. I've been calling SAS a walking minstrel show for years now.

I still can't believe he got off so lightly with openly disbelieving that Shaun Taylor wasn't somehow to be blamed for his own death.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.
    To be fair, Kwame Brown probably bashes Kwame Brown a fair amount as well.

Decent college freshman

there was no debate about whether kwame sucked or not. it was unanimous

with guys like lin and tebow there's some discussion and sas always goes really hard against them, making it seem like he's personally offended when they get praised

That seems like your opinion, I don't feel that way. Dude is just animated and yells alot in my estimation.

Sometimes I agree with him sometimes I do not. He has never given me a racist vibe, but then again, I'm not as put off by opinionated black men as most ISH posters.

I don't think he's racist, i think he just wants to be right and has been polarized because ppl's support for them. Also thinks he's got some personal connection with melo and prolly feels he's been unfairly criticized
    Last edited by heyhey; 03-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.

On another note, if they ever shoot a remake of The Jeffersons, there is no one better to play George than SAS.... the attitude, the angry look, the hairline, the head bob.....

It would be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I do. I've been calling SAS a walking minstrel show for years now.

I still can't believe he got off so lightly with openly disbelieving that Shaun Taylor wasn't somehow to be blamed for his own death.
    Wait it was Taylor's fault someone murdered him? Clue me in Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey

with guys like lin and tebow there's some discussion and sas always goes really hard against them, making it seem like he's personally offended when they get praised

That seems like your opinion, I don't feel that way. Dude is just animated and yells alot in my estimation.

Sometimes I agree with him sometimes I do not. He has never given me a racist vibe, but then again, I'm not as put off by opinionated black men as most ISH posters.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey

im not saying he can't bash Lin. But again, i feel like what i heard (those days) are not stuff you listened to, i literally would shut him off, be bored switch back with 15 minutes in between and he was still waxing poetic on how Lin sucked.

but yes, the Kwame Brown bashing was kind of funny.

The race thing for most people is just an easy way out argument to fit their objective.

The fact is Lin came out of nowhere, on a team with Amare and Trade Everything For Melo Anthony and the team won games with him putting up numbers that were huge for first time starters, for 10year vets, for stars, etc. And it's hard to imagine it could be sustained, it must be a moment in time, etc.

The way he turns the ball over makes him look incapable of being a basketball player. You look at all that and that New Yorkers are now assuming he's an MVP candidate and people feel the need to balance it out. And in truth, the hype has died down and those, supposedly rational people, are now riding the other end of the spectrum.

You have Webber using his brain and saying it's Melo and Amare and then Lin. Then you have Smith undermining the credibility of his anger by kneeling before the stars...same as he used to do with Iverson.

It's just stupid. That's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Topic is SAS HATES LIN. not SAS HATES ASIANS, TAKES IT OUT ON LIN.

And the brown analogy is good ,imagine if he talked about Kwame Brown for hours on end, in several different topics on his show, even if not basketball, to remind you how much Kwame Brown sucks.

THATS what he does with Lin.
    Even if he wanted to react that way towards Kwame, there is literally no reason would to do that since nobody cares about him. That can't be said for Lin. Seems like he was stuffed down our throats a few weeks ago and because of that everybdoy has an opinion on him.

At the end of the day it has a lot more to do with ratings than personal like/dis-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Everyone bashes Kwame Brown.

SAS bashes non-black players more than he does black players. Rashoooo Nes-ter-o-vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYftKfvcT-U
    Impossible. To do that he would have to diss every single white player in the NBA (even the ones that never get off the bench) while neglecting to talk about the downfalls of ANY black player.

The NBA is like 90% black....he bashes more black players man, you sound ignorant.

Wait it was Taylor's fault someone murdered him? Clue me in Gus.
    SAS got on the air and was openly skeptical that Taylor wasn't killed because of his "associations". This was at a time when Taylor's shooter hadn't yet been publicly identified, and various people were asking for no rush to judgement.

But not SAS. He was all over spouting off, on Cowherd and other shows, pushing his point that Taylor was a bad person, and it caught up with him. It was disgusting.

When it finally came out that Taylor's death had nothing to do with any gang associations or something similar, I never heard an apology from SAS to the family. He might have done it, but I was never aware that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    SAS got on the air and was openly skeptical that Taylor wasn't killed because of his "associations". This was at a time when Taylor's shooter hadn't yet been publicly identified, and various people were asking for no rush to judgement.

But not SAS. He was all over spouting off, on Cowherd and other shows, pushing his point that Taylor was a bad person, and it caught up with him. It was disgusting.

When it finally came out that Taylor's death had nothing to do with any gang associations or something similar, I never heard an apology from SAS to the family. He might have done it, but I was never aware that he did.

Okay so what does that have to do with your opinion on him? You mad he was wrong or you mad he didn't apologize so you could hear it?

Impossible. To do that he would have to diss every single white player in the NBA (even the ones that never get off the bench) while neglecting to talk about the downfalls of ANY black player.

The NBA is like 90% black....he bashes more black players man, you sound ignorant.
    It's a bit more subtle than that, people like that wouldn't get screen time.

The difference is this: SAS will bash a black player who is already universally hated by the rest of the community. He'll pile up on Kwame, Marbury, Olowakandi, those fellas. But he'll never go out of his way to destroy a black player who actually has a good media image and reputation, like he does with Lin currently.

Okay so what does that have to do with your opinion on him? You mad he was wrong or you mad he didn't apologize so you could hear it?

The point I was trying to make is that SAS has acted as biased against specific black athletes as he has toward those of other races.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's a bit more subtle than that, people like that wouldn't get screen time.

The difference is this: SAS will bash a black player who is already universally hated by the rest of the community. He'll pile up on Kwame, Marbury, Olowakandi, those fellas. But he'll never go out of his way to destroy a black player who actually has a good media image and reputation, like he does with Lin currently.
    you sir, are wrong. Terribly wrong, and here is my proof.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B28F9xzd34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1XKF-_TgJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siil-i5kSFA
    He goes off on the Knicks and does not blame D'Antoni. He goes in on Amare too.