Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Default Re: LeBron will go down as a better player than Kobe.

Lebron isn't passing Kobe. The stans should just learn to deal with it.

Learning to shoot layups

All the Laker fans in this thread stating that what the OP said is false are completely wrong. I am a Laker fan and completely agree with the OP.

Lebron already is a better player then Kobe, and whoever tries to dispute it has a blind fold on. Yes Kobe has the killer instrinct, and the scoring aresenal, but Lebron has the size, the athleticism, and can very well take over games at any point just like Kobe as we have seen before.

People are so quick to forget, but with Cleveland, the guy was practically unstoppable. Yes people argue he had strong teammates, but being REALISTIC, no he did not. The fact that they won as many games, and made it as far into the playoffs as they did every year is truly amazing, and that was due to Lebron. As we have seen Laker fans, even with Kobe, one man cant do everything himself. Lebron had the talent around him, but the talent wasnt producing. I did not want to comment on the Lebron hate going on as of late due to his so called " lack of killer instinct" because it just makes my skin crawl that people would even question something like that. Obviously going to Miami, things are different so ofcourse he is going to be more hesitant. Now instead of having Gibson to pass to, and the likes of Varejao, he has Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Very very different scenario, and I bet if Lebron didnt pass at the end of games looking for Wade and so on, people would say he is a ball hog and that he is trying to outshine Wade. I have actually heard people bring this up last year when Lebron was taking all the late game shots, which is just ridiculous. Anyways I am not going to go on about this subject because I could go on for days, but yes the OP is right.
    Lebron has been the better player between the two for the last 3 years or so, and will go down as the better player.

However, Kobe Bryant will go down as having a better legacy and will be cherished more as a player. I have noticed that as Kobe Bryant ages, he seems to get more and more fans, and people that use to criticize him once are now big fans of his. This is due to the fact that they are now starting to cherish the type of player Bryant is. The fact that he is 33 years old, and still putting up numbers better then his career averages is truly remarkable. It shows how much drive the guy has, and the fact that at every second he is looking to get better.After being in the league for so many years and having accomplished what he has, you would think a player would slow down and accept the fact that there is younger guys coming up. It seems like he only get more motivated as every year goes on to prove people wrong.

Lebron can win 7 championships, and will still not be compared to Jordan, and his legacy still wont be greater then Bryants due to the fact that he went to Miami and teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Now I dont fault Lebron for this, because I can see that what he had in Cleveland was not going to lead him anywhere, but at the same time many people dont understand this, and never will. You have the all-time greats coming out of the woods more and more and praising Bryant, not because he is now all of a sudden a greater player, but more as a diss to Lebron for leaving, and unfortunately that will always be a knock on his legacy.

If there is one player that I believe will challenge Kobe Bryant as being the superior player and being ranked higher then him on the all time list when everything is said and then, I believe thats Kevin Durant. If Kevin Durant stays with the Thunder and manages to win a couple of rings, FMVPS, MVPS, he is more of a threat to Kobes throne at this point then Lebron is. For Lebron, the problem is he has DRose and Durant to compete with when it comes to legacy not Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant is chasing Michael Jordan and the all time greats, where Lebron, and the new guys coming in will be chasing Kobe, whether Lebron fanboys want to admit it or not.

I unlike many of you here, am a fan of both Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. I believe they are both extraordinary players, and I feel as though Lebron is the superior player, however Lebron is playing in tougher times, when there is way more competition than what Kobe has faced his entire career, and this whole new idea of players teaming up is only hurting his legacy further. It shouldnt be something that is used against him, but unless DRose or Durant leave their respected teams to go and play with someone else, at the end of the day if they win as many rings as Lebron, they will be cherished more as players.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTwisted
    All the Laker fans in this thread stating that what the OP said is false are completely wrong. I am a Laker fan and completely agree with the OP.

Lebron already is a better player then Kobe, and whoever tries to dispute it has a blind fold on. Yes Kobe has the killer instrinct, and the scoring aresenal, but Lebron has the size, the athleticism, and can very well take over games at any point just like Kobe as we have seen before.

People are so quick to forget, but with Cleveland, the guy was practically unstoppable. Yes people argue he had strong teammates, but being REALISTIC, no he did not. The fact that they won as many games, and made it as far into the playoffs as they did every year is truly amazing, and that was due to Lebron. As we have seen Laker fans, even with Kobe, one man cant do everything himself. Lebron had the talent around him, but the talent wasnt producing. I did not want to comment on the Lebron hate going on as of late due to his so called " lack of killer instinct" because it just makes my skin crawl that people would even question something like that. Obviously going to Miami, things are different so ofcourse he is going to be more hesitant. Now instead of having Gibson to pass to, and the likes of Varejao, he has Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Very very different scenario, and I bet if Lebron didnt pass at the end of games looking for Wade and so on, people would say he is a ball hog and that he is trying to outshine Wade. I have actually heard people bring this up last year when Lebron was taking all the late game shots, which is just ridiculous. Anyways I am not going to go on about this subject because I could go on for days, but yes the OP is right.
    Lebron has been the better player between the two for the last 3 years or so, and will go down as the better player.

However, Kobe Bryant will go down as having a better legacy and will be cherished more as a player. I have noticed that as Kobe Bryant ages, he seems to get more and more fans, and people that use to criticize him once are now big fans of his. This is due to the fact that they are now starting to cherish the type of player Bryant is. The fact that he is 33 years old, and still putting up numbers better then his career averages is truly remarkable. It shows how much drive the guy has, and the fact that at every second he is looking to get better.After being in the league for so many years and having accomplished what he has, you would think a player would slow down and accept the fact that there is younger guys coming up. It seems like he only get more motivated as every year goes on to prove people wrong.

Lebron can win 7 championships, and will still not be compared to Jordan, and his legacy still wont be greater then Bryants due to the fact that he went to Miami and teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Now I dont fault Lebron for this, because I can see that what he had in Cleveland was not going to lead him anywhere, but at the same time many people dont understand this, and never will. You have the all-time greats coming out of the woods more and more and praising Bryant, not because he is now all of a sudden a greater player, but more as a diss to Lebron for leaving, and unfortunately that will always be a knock on his legacy.

If there is one player that I believe will challenge Kobe Bryant as being the superior player and being ranked higher then him on the all time list when everything is said and then, I believe thats Kevin Durant. If Kevin Durant stays with the Thunder and manages to win a couple of rings, FMVPS, MVPS, he is more of a threat to Kobes throne at this point then Lebron is. For Lebron, the problem is he has DRose and Durant to compete with when it comes to legacy not Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant is chasing Michael Jordan and the all time greats, where Lebron, and the new guys coming in will be chasing Kobe, whether Lebron fanboys want to admit it or not.

I unlike many of you here, am a fan of both Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. I believe they are both extraordinary players, and I feel as though Lebron is the superior player, however Lebron is playing in tougher times, when there is way more competition than what Kobe has faced his entire career, and this whole new idea of players teaming up is only hurting his legacy further. It shouldnt be something that is used against him, but unless DRose or Durant leave their respected teams to go and play with someone else, at the end of the day if they win as many rings as Lebron, they will be cherished more as players.
    Did not read.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    No other athlete is more talked about in basketball than LeBron.
    Tim Tebow is the best QB, it's true.