Thread: Gran Turismo 6

Default Gran Turismo 6

Anybody play this yet?
    Is it worth the $60 asking price for the PS3?

I wanted to buy it yesterday, but it was between ACIV Black Flag & this game, so I went with AC IV.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Gran Turismo 6

Bought it. It's good but nothing new. Just tweaks and small improvements over GT5. I haven't tried any online play yet though and that's where most of the value of this game will be.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I'm surprised GT6 hasn't gotten more attention. In years past it was a big deal. They should've done a next gen release also.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I'm surprised GT6 hasn't gotten more attention. In years past it was a big deal. They should've done a next gen release also.
    Yeah, I didn't even know that the game was out already until I went to GameStop to buy AC IV.

I'm not into online play too much. It depends on the game and how I perceive other players will be, and GT6 looks like a troll game... But then again why competitive online game isn't full of trolls? (rhetorical question... Sort of)

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Yeah they've really messed up the development cycle of that game. It should be released within the first year or so of the next gen but they took so long with GT5 that they are behind now.

It got more competition over the years. There were better specialized simulators or funnier arcade racers, but GT had its niche in between. Forza and the likes positioned themselves there and do quite well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

here's what i posted in the bte about this game:

having fun with gt6 so far. bought the is300 sportcross as soon as i could. unforurtunately it's only an '01 and a standard car (so no interior and minimal customization options) but it has some power. still have to upgrade suspension, lsd, and some weight reduction/engine stuff.

it's going to be my main car until i have a paint color/wheels i fully like and have it fully tuned. then i'll switch to something premium.

i really like how the PP system works in this game so the races seem to be closer. also the handling works a bit differently and i find cars fling about more, even with lots of drivers aids on. the cars are a bit looser and throwing yourself around the track is much more fun.
    adding on;

i bought it for 60 because i knew i'll get 60 out of it. i'm going to put a bunch of hours into this game and have a large variety of cars and work on completing all the races/licenses/whatever. sure a lot of it is similar to gt5 so far but the little improvements i've experienced so far have been welcomed.

only weird thing is i cant seem to look at my friends accounts? in gt5 there was a really shitty designed menu where you could see their picture, how many gold/silver/bronze medals they had, and how they had licensed, and some other stuff. i was hoping to see an improved version of that in 6.