Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Honestly, for those who knew about the hype of LeBron in 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I thought he'd be better. I bought a damn LeBron jersey before he set foot on an NBA court, lol.

So much for expectations.
    Better than Kobe isn't enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Better than Kobe isn't enough for you?
    that had to hurt

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Boris Diaw- "maybe the best athlete in the draft"
    and if you read the thread posted by Kblaze, posters agreed on Bron not being that special athletically

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    and if you read the thread posted by Kblaze, posters agreed on Bron not being that special athletically
    If you only watched Lebron on tv and the only thing you watched was him beating people off the dribble. He wouldn't look impressive even at 18. Why? Because youre not realizing that this guy whos playing like a guard is actually 6-8 235.

Yes I knew he would be great. He was simply the greatest, most mature, balanced and refined HS player I had ever seen. He had a man's body by 17. Not like KG, Kobe, and McGrady who had to grow into it. Truly a grown man's body. With absurd athleticism. The handle and passing ability at his size ... plus the willingness to use it gave him a dimension the generation of stars just previous to him lacked. He had tremendous hype and from his very first game as a college aged freshman he delivered against a pretty good Sacramento team. From there all that had to be developed basketball wise was a consistent J and defense. Did I think he would be top ten or top five, let alone so quickly? No. But I knew he'd be great.