Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Default Re: Dellavedova hooking Green's arm and dragging him to the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Plot twist: Draymond Green hooked Dellavedova's arm first and Dellavedova merely one-upped him with a super-hook and takedown in response. It was a "taste of his own medicine" situation.

Run the clip in 1/4 speed at the 19 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-WAr_olvY
    Soo.....the exact same thing as the Love/Olynyk play?

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

You said it, I didn't.

As annoying as Green is -- and he is the most annoying player in the entire league imho -- I'm not going to advocate going out and hurting guys. I don't think that's what Delly was trying to do here. He was trying to make it look like Green knocked him over.

Bush league? Sure. But in order to succeed in the NBA with such little talent, you have to get by on grit and being annoying... occasionally bordering on dirty. I still do not think any of his dives for/around the ball in previous series were remotely dirty.

This play is the worst from an intention standpoint all playoffs long with the Gibson one being the only other bush league play... and that was more goofy than dirty.

It was a bush league play... I don't think he was trying to hurt the guy.

It still isn't even remotely as bad as the Olynyk arm lock/yank, btw.
    Exactly. This guy is no worse than Green. I feel like most of the stuff he has done to Green has been retaliation. Same thing when Delly put his shoulder into Green's arse, it was right after Green had just elbowed him.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Soo.....the exact same thing as the Love/Olynyk play?
    Uh, not even close. trapping a player's arm with one of your arms in a stationary position under the basket is commonplace in the NBA. You'll see it multiple times a quarter in every NBA game. Maybe not to the extreme of going to the floor, but it happens a lot.

Using your upper armpit area on one of your arms to clamp down on a player's bicep while using the hand on your other arm to secure the player's forearm/wrist, followed by a twist and a yank while both players are running away from the basket? And, to completely secure the arm, twist it upward and yank?

I'm not sure I have ever seen that in my life. All you have to do is take a look for yourself. These two plays are absolutely nothing alike.

Need a closer look?

Any comparison is silly. Btw, there was no foul called on this play. None. We had to play 4 vs. 5 while Love sprinted off the floor. So... please.