Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Lightbulb Lillard Humbles Westbrook

Damian Lillard posts quote from Sun Tzu's The Art of War on his IG ethering Westbrook.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Lillard Humbles Westbrook

Dame sounds pretty unemotional and detached huh...

The bragging and boasting erases all of that. If he was truly emotionless and detached he wouldn't have said a word about the beef or felt the need to post that.

Dame is incredibly cringey and contrived. Good player tho.

Dame is doing this for two reasons:

1. To help teach a tard a lesson he still hasn't learned in 30 years.

2. To comparitively raise his own status.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Dame sounds pretty unemotional and detached huh...

The bragging and boasting erases all of that. If he was truly emotionless and detached he wouldn't have said a word about the beef or felt the need to post that.

Dame is incredibly cringey and contrived. Good player tho.
    He's not bragging, he's trying to educate the brick machine.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    He's not bragging, he's trying to educate the brick machine.
    Did Jrue and Rondo educate him after sweeping him last year?

The bottom line is Dame just wants more attention. There's a reason he raps and writes letters when he doesn't make all star teams. It's because he wants to be a household name. Why not use your clutch chucking ability to do it? Can't blame the guy, he was never an MVP candidate and this is the highlight of his career. Use the 15 mins up

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Did Jrue and Rondo educate him after sweeping him last year?

The bottom line is Dame just wants more attention. There's a reason he raps and writes letters when he doesn't make all star teams. It's because he wants to be a household name. Why not use your clutch chucking ability to do it? Can't blame the guy, he was never an MVP candidate and this is the highlight of his career. Use the 15 mins up
    Not sure why you're playing dumb on this. I like Russ but the dude has been an absolute douche to Lillard for quite some time now, talked all that shit about how he's been "busting that ass for years", and continued to talk shit at literally every opportunity during the series. Again I'm a fan of the guy but he's been pretty insufferable in this matchup considering the type of year he's had.

Now Lillard absolutely clowns him on the national stage, and deservedly goes back at him, but it's just him wanting his 15 minutes of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Not sure why you're playing dumb on this. I like Russ but the dude has been an absolute douche to Lillard for quite some time now, talked all that shit about how he's been "busting that ass for years", and continued to talk shit at literally every opportunity during the series. Again I'm a fan of the guy but he's been pretty insufferable in this matchup considering the type of year he's had.

Now Lillard absolutely clowns him on the national stage, and deservedly goes back at him, but it's just him wanting his 15 minutes of fame?
    You mean Westbrook taunts him during the game. He said he's been busting that ass for years, and it was in the game as they were playing. It wasn't meant for camera but it got caught on camera. Russ didn't go on social media to say that. What do you think instagram is? Lillard is no longer the quiet calm guy. He's the guy that needs to go on instagram and talk shit about how he's zen. Great.

What you consider clowning, I consider taking advantage of pick and roll defense.

NBA rookie of the year

You mean Westbrook taunts him during the game. He said he's been busting that ass for years, and it was in the game as they were playing. It wasn't meant for camera but it got caught on camera. Russ didn't go on social media to say that. What do you think instagram is? Lillard is no longer the quiet calm guy. He's the guy that needs to go on instagram and talk shit about how he's zen. Great.

What you consider clowning, I consider taking advantage of pick and roll defense.
    Wasn't Lillard the one telling Westbrook during the game to stop running from this ass whipping?

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Wasn't Lillard the one telling Westbrook during the game to stop running from this ass whipping?
    Yes, as he was flopping Westbrook into foul trouble. So boss

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Yes, as he was flopping Westbrook into foul trouble. So boss
    Still butthurt over Westbricks terrible series? Let it go, bro.

Yeah you're just upset he got destroyed and now has to face the heat for all the shit he talked. I get it as I'm not someone who hates Westbrook, but let's just be real here. You're trying to paint this picture that Lillard is going full Joel Embiid on him on social media but it just isn't true. All he did was post one quote on IG. That's really not a big deal.

"Humble" is not a word that will ever apply to Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Dame is doing this for two reasons:

1. To help teach a tard a lesson he still hasn't learned in 30 years.

2. To comparitively raise his own status.
    The true mark of a good basketball player is when he is able to pass on knowledge he's acquired to his peers. Westbrook can take this offensively, or he can take it constructively. Really starting to appreciate players who incorporate other parts of life into how they approach basketball. Dame stepping up his game in my book.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    "Humble" is not a word that will ever apply to Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard.
    You ever heard the Humble song by Kendrick Lamar? That's how Lillard humbled Westbrook after idly sitting by as Westbrook ran his mouth all these years. Sit down, be humble.

I usually hit open layups Hakeem Olajuwon's Avatar

Westbrook evolved his game this season with PG. I expect him to evolve yet again after these playoffs.