Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Max Kellerman says Westbrook is more talented than Wade

Westbrook legit looks like he has muscle spasms when he plays. He does not have a natural feel for the game. His touch around the rim is atrocious. His jumper is poor.

This is no comparison. Westbrook might be more athletic but Wade is way more talented.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

That Westbrook is not an amazing defender boggles my mind.

All this shit talk will stop and people will slowly forget about him (as he seems to be in athletic decline) if he can get his TS back up to .53 or .54 next year. If he can't, I feel really sorry for him cause it's gonna be an ugly four years that ends with him getting benched and being bought out his final year. It'd be a shame too, if that happens, because he was one of the most entertaining and unique players ever. He totally earned his MVP. You could've also chosen Harden that year and not been wrong, but one of those two was easily the MVP and Russ had being jilted on his side.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Max Kellerman really doesn't know a lot about basketball. Wade and Westbrook is not even comparable. One's a born winner with great intangibles, the other wouldn't even be in the league if he wasn't a once a lifetime athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Can someone define "talent" for me? No one has EVER actually fleshed out what that refers to...they just throw that word around.

Skill is pretty obvious what it is...but talent?

Based on my assumptions, talent is athleticism, BBIQ, and natural "instinct" for the game?
    It's different for everything. Talent in basketball context is more commonly associated with athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    It's different for everything. Talent in basketball context is more commonly associated with athleticism.
    I would say the combination of athleticism and youth is highly associated with "potential".

Talent should be a players overall prowess encompassing everything from skill, athleticism, BBIQ, determination, and whatever other terms you want to come up with to define players.

The biggest issue with WB is the BBIQ is assumed to be top tier because he's a triple double machine... I would associate that more with skill and determination than BBIQ because his shot selection and stubbornness to prove people wrong actually lowers his BBIQ overall. If WB was taking smarter shots and deferring to team mates when his opponents are gaming against him even having the ball, he would be an amazing player.

But back to Wade vs WB, they may be similarly talented, with WB being more determined while Wade has a higher BBIQ. Also WB isn't a triple double machine if he plays smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    He is more talented then Wade...prime vs prime Westbrook is a better scorer and facilitator
    If anyone would take Westbrook over Wade in the final minutes of a game for general game management, whether it be timely scoring or just 'the right play' in terms of decision-making....over Wade...... I don't even know how to answer that beyond no. Just.....no. Fukk, I'd rather THIS year's Wade over Westbrook in the final minute of a game( to be clear,not over the course of a game, but I simply can't trust Westbrook to make consistently intelligent decisions in the clutch).

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    I would say the combination of athleticism and youth is highly associated with "potential".

Talent should be a players overall prowess encompassing everything from skill, athleticism, BBIQ, determination, and whatever other terms you want to come up with to define players.

The biggest issue with WB is the BBIQ is assumed to be top tier because he's a triple double machine... I would associate that more with skill and determination than BBIQ because his shot selection and stubbornness to prove people wrong actually lowers his BBIQ overall. If WB was taking smarter shots and deferring to team mates when his opponents are gaming against him even having the ball, he would be an amazing player.

But back to Wade vs WB, they may be similarly talented, with WB being more determined while Wade has a higher BBIQ. Also WB isn't a triple double machine if he plays smarter.
    It should be, but usually the context is more about athleticism.

For example, in chess, the term talent is usually referring to how one is able to get good very quickly, see moves ahead of time and creativity. It does not usually refer to time management, flexibility in thinking or calmness under pressure even though those are really important aspects too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Give Westbrook, Shaq and Zo Mourning and then LeBron and Bosh he would have at least 5 rings

Wade doesn't even have a MVP to his name

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    no he's not.

westbrook is the type of guy who is physically built to be successful at many different sports - dwade is a better basketball player because he just had a better game. it's all skill and very little to do with athleticism except length - dwade had godly length for his height.
    nah if you believe westbrook is as talented as dwade, you have a very limited conception of what talent entails

wade has much better hand eye coordination, body control, touch around the rim, first step, lateral agility, change of speed. it's not even close, and this is before talking about bb iq or size/length
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 04-26-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    red1 being a moron as usual
    you shouldnt be allowed to use the word moron you triggered little fukk.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    nah if you believe westbrook is as talented as dwade, you have a very limited conception of what talent entails

wade has much better hand eye coordination, body control, touch around the rim, first step, lateral agility, change of speed. it's not even close, and this is before talking about bb iq or size/length
    agreed. wade is the second best shooting guard of all-time.

shows the gap between the ones who are truly great.