Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lebron James' skill in the block vs some random 1960s point guard

6-8 265lb King James showing 6-2 175lb Jim King how a true King works in the post

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Lebron James' skill in the block vs some random 1960s point guard

well these people weren't as athletic as lebron so they had to develop post moves instead of bulldozing to get to the basket

This is why me and many other people are still convinced he's should be considered a PG. I believe it was Jalen Rose who brought up the fact that the positions (PG, SG, etc) were essentially terminology that was made up so that the average NBA/basketball fan can better keep track of the game.

In reality most SFs (any player above 6'6), especially the great ones, should be able to dominant the wing(block), something Lebron has not done a great job at.. yet he's considered one of the greatest SFs .

That's why I'm still adamant about the fact that he should be considered a PG. In fact many analysists thought that was the position he should be playing full time in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    This is why me and many other people are still convinced he's should be considered a PG. I believe it was Jalen Rose who brought up the fact that the positions (PG, SG, etc) were essentially terminology that was made up so that the average NBA/basketball fan can better keep track of the game.

In reality most SFs (any player above 6'6), especially the great ones, should be able to dominant the wing(block), something Lebron has not done a great job at.. yet he's considered one of the greatest SFs .

That's why I'm still adamant about the fact that he should be considered a PG. In fact many analysists thought that was the position he should be playing full time in Miami.
    It's a crime that a man Lebron's size is that bad in the block... he could massacre people inside, centers included, if he'd just learn some elementary post-moves

Banned

of all the rookie class, ur the weirdest.

8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    of all the rookie class, ur the weirdest.

8-)

Why use LeBron footage from 4 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Why use LeBron footage from 4 years ago?
    cuz not much has changed

Where are you getting those classic Black/White GIFS from?

Pretty intersting to see footage like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Where are you getting those classic Black/White GIFS from?

Pretty intersting to see footage like that.
    I make/upload them

NBA rookie of the year

I'm not sure why people care so much. The guy's about to be awarded his 3rd MVP, and none of them are anywhere near as questionable as, say, Kobe's in 2008 or Derrick Rose's last year. So he doesn't have Kevin McHale's back-to-the-basket game. It never goes the other way. No one whines about Dwight Howard not being able to slash or lead the break. LeBron's about as close to unstoppable as you get in this league. He can score, pass, rebound, and defend better than just about anybody else. He's one of the most explosive and dynamic perimeter players to ever step foot on the hardwood. He doesn't need a post game.

Honestly, he's probably a better player than about 90% of the guys in the Hall of Fame already. Most of the Lebron hate just seems really petty.

Although this thread does appear to have been started by a Cavs fan, so that's a better reason than most.

Heh, got to admit I learned something new today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I'm not sure why people care so much. The guy's about to be awarded his 3rd MVP, and none of them are anywhere near as questionable as, say, Kobe's in 2008 or Derrick Rose's last year. So he doesn't have Kevin McHale's back-to-the-basket game. It never goes the other way. No one whines about Dwight Howard not being able to slash or lead the break. LeBron's about as close to unstoppable as you get in this league. He can score, pass, rebound, and defend better than just about anybody else. He's one of the most explosive and dynamic perimeter players to ever step foot on the hardwood. He doesn't need a post game.

Honestly, he's probably a better player than about 90% of the guys in the Hall of Fame already. Most of the Lebron hate just seems really petty.

Although this thread does appear to have been started by a Cavs fan, so that's a better reason than most.
    Oh come off it.

If LeBron would put more effort working on his post game he would be on the level of prime Shaq. Someone you can simply NOT GUARD.

It sickens me that a player of his caliber is resorting to just getting by with his athleticism instead of learning the fundamentals and becoming the biggest force the NBA has ever seen.

But no, he chooses to work on his public image rather than practicing something that could get him some damn hardware.

It's his loss.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    cuz not much has changed

he got triple teamed.

and its easy to do those moves with that defender on you. how would jim king do with tony allen on him?

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud James
    Oh come off it.

If LeBron would put more effort working on his post game he would be on the level of prime Shaq. Someone you can simply NOT GUARD.

It sickens me that a player of his caliber is resorting to just getting by with his athleticism instead of learning the fundamentals and becoming the biggest force the NBA has ever seen.

But no, he chooses to work on his public image rather than practicing something that could get him some damn hardware.

It's his loss.
    interesting. 28ppg on 51% shooting over his last 4 seasons tells me lebron is pretty unstoppable as it is.