Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default People who are "Awaken"

Talking to you Doom. Also called Truthers or Conspiracy Theories. People who believe in Aliens, Secret Societies, 9/11 being an inside job, GMOs, etc. Are they unplugged from the world and know more than others or do they just read too much on the internet and are naturally paranoid and cynical?

I would consider myself in the middle but even then it gets old and annoying thinking nothing is what it seems.

Default Re: People who are "Awaken"

a self defense mechanism encourages them to believe they are special thinkers, because in other aspects of life they are failures to the norm.

I believe in aliens simply because the mathematical chance we are the only living organism in the solar system is practically zero.

I believe in inside jobs because there's been plenty in the past.

I believe in secret societies because they're real. Illuminati? I'm skeptical of that, but I don't doubt for a minute there is a group (or groups) of world leaders and wealthy families who control things (as best they can) from behind closed curtains.

^^ Hard to argue either one of those comments.

Aliens - No way in hell we're the only ones that exist
    Secret Societies - Don't know wtf this is, but sounds dumb as shit, who cares
    9/11 being an inside job - Have no say on this
    GMOs - Definitely an issue, and we should be more focused on this
    Global warming - An issue, once again, we should be concerned
    etc - it's good to be open minded, but I've met people who are bat shit crazy. This one guy I worked with around the age of 35, he's just obsessed with theories and aliens and conspiracies. Told me not to tell anyone and to keep it to myself otherwise people would think he's insane. Would spend every chance he'd get in the office with just me and him working together just watching youtube videos on it. Told me he even seen a UFO when he started off my age working here through the tower we were in looking out.

Guy was scaring me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Secret Societies - Don't know wtf this is, but sounds dumb as shit, who cares
    9/11 being an inside job - Have no say on this
    GMOs - Definitely an issue, and we should be more focused on this
    Global warming - An issue, once again, we should be concerned
    etc - it's good to be open minded, but I've met people who are bat shit crazy. This one guy I worked with around the age of 35, he's just obsessed with theories and aliens and conspiracies. Told me not to tell anyone and to keep it to myself otherwise people would think he's insane. Would spend every chance he'd get in the office with just me and him working together just watching youtube videos on it. Told me he even seen a UFO when he started off my age working here through the tower we were in looking out.

Guy was scaring me a little.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones

If the society had a good year, this is what the "ideal" group will consist of: a football captain; a Chairman of the Yale Daily News; a conspicuous radical; a Whiffenpoof; a swimming captain; a notorious drunk with a 94 average; a film-maker; a political columnist; a religious group leader; a Chairman of the Lit; a foreigner; a ladies' man with two motorcycles; an ex-service man; a negro, if there are enough to go around; a guy nobody else in the group had heard of, ever ...
    Among prominent alumni are former President and Supreme Court Justice William Howard Taft (a founder's son); former Presidents George H. W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush; Supreme Court Justices Morrison R. Waite and Potter Stewart;[19] James Jesus Angleton, "mother of the Central Intelligence Agency"; Henry Stimson, U.S. Secretary of War (1940-1945); U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert A. Lovett, who directed the Korean War, William B. Washburn, Governor of Massachusetts; and Henry Luce, founder and publisher of Time, Life, Fortune, and Sports Illustrated magazines.[citation needed]

John Kerry, U.S. Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator; Stephen A. Schwarzman, founder of Blackstone Group; Austan Goolsbee,[20] Chairman of Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers; Harold Stanley, co-founder of Morgan Stanley; and Frederick W. Smith, founder of FedEx, are all reported to be members.
    Lots of powerful people there with something in common...

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I believe in aliens simply because the mathematical chance we are the only living organism in the solar system is practically zero.
    Saying there must be life somewhere else in the universe is not the conspiracy though, it's not very controversial either.

The conspiracy is that aliens have visited earth or are still among us.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    a self defense mechanism encourages them to believe they are special thinkers, because in other aspects of life they are failures to the norm.
    Speaking from experience, champ?

Even worse, since you live vicariously through this fraud

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Saying there must be life somewhere else in the universe is not the conspiracy though, it's not very controversial either.

Honestly, the first season or two on ancient aliens was great. The sculptures and shit written in caves and pyramids of what seems like "rockets" and abnormal beings IS something to be open minded about.

That show went to complete shit though.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

I believe in inside jobs because there's been plenty in the past.

I believe in secret societies because they're real. Illuminati? I'm skeptical of that, but I don't doubt for a minute there is a group (or groups) of world leaders and wealthy families who control things (as best they can) from behind closed curtains.
    In the solar system chances are quite high actually that we are alone. The galaxy? Incredibly unlikely we are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Talking to you Doom. Also called Truthers or Conspiracy Theories. People who believe in Aliens, Secret Societies, 9/11 being an inside job, GMOs, etc. Are they unplugged from the world and know more than others or do they just read too much on the internet and are naturally paranoid and cynical?

I would consider myself in the middle but even then it gets old and annoying thinking nothing is what it seems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f462ya0DC0g
    Psychologists Explain 9/11 Denial

I've been trying to figure out 9/11 denial. The evidence is overwhelming
    yet people still cling on to the official story... why?

Ignorance is bliss... Nobody wants to say the things they do about the
    United States Government in order to feel special or stand out more
    because they've failed in other areas of their life. It makes no sense
    for a person to step outside of their comfort zone and suggest something
    that might sound crazy so they can be unique... People generally want
    to fit in... not the other way around.

Instead of asking what's wrong with the people that are "Awake"
    Ask what's wrong with the people that are "Asleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy

Doom awake?

Honestly, the first season or two on ancient aliens was great. The sculptures and shit written in caves and pyramids of what seems like "rockets" and abnormal beings IS something to be open minded about.

That show went to complete shit though.
    Agreed.

It's hard to imagine though that ancient cave people would claim sightings of futuristic spacecraft by accident.

http://www.blastr.com/2011-12-7/12-a...vidence-aliens

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

I have noticed that majority of conspiracy theorists or so called truthers or the awaken ones are people who have a feeling of helplessness usually they're life suck for whatever reason, and they have this ability to blame all their problems on external issues completely unrelated to how they are living.

For example im not rich because the government is corrupt blah blah blah.

The internet is another massive influencing factor. If you know anything about psycology and neurological association. What these people do is they will start to relate any and every issue around the world to the same conspiracy theory further supporting their beleif untill they get to the point of no return and the reticular activating system in their brains will allow them to notice anything to do with their chosen conspiracy.

The same thing happens whe someone you know buys a new car and all of a sudden you see it everywhere!!

Or when a religious person see's everything around him as the will of god it will continue to prime his brain that he is real.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Very good point I should have clarified that better in my original post. Usually Truthers involve Aliens or UFO's into their agenda after smoking a bowl.

I suppose the secret societies isn't a conspiracy either since back door meeting happen all the time but election rigging by said unseen parties is.

I would also call but the tea-party and occupy wallstreet into this group even though they are on the opposite sides of the spectrum.