Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing?

Why couldn't he wait when he becomes a free agent so he can sign to NY Knicks?

Imagine if Melo has the patience and signs Knicks with a bunch of talents or use the the trade value to get Paul or Deron?

Honestly, Melo screwed the Knicks up really bad.

So the Knicks wouldn't give up with this Wilson Chandler​, Raymond Felton​, Danilo Gallinari​, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

I always disliked that trade and thought he could have waited til off-season.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing?

I agree the Knicks jumped the gun when they could have had him without giving up all those assets

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I agree the Knicks jumped the gun when they could have had him without giving up all those assets

Exactly.

To be honest, I like the Knicks before the traded but now the Knicks looks f*cking joke

Very good NBA starter

No Melo did the right thing for himself with the uncertainty of the CBA. Let's get facts straight, Melo wasn't the one negotiating the trade with Denver. So blaming him for how much the Knicks gave up is retarded.

blame dolan if anything

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    No Melo did the right thing for himself with the uncertainty of the CBA. Let's get facts straight, Melo wasn't the one negotiating the trade with Denver. So blaming him for how much the Knicks gave up is retarded.
    Nobody's blaming Melo, and no one is questioning why he wanted to go to NY... so settle down.

We are, however, stating that the Knicks could have signed him in the offseason for most likely less than his pre-trade extension... since it really was the only place he wanted to play. We are also saying that the Knicks then could have kept some attractive assets to make another deal.

Don't take it personally.

Nobody's blaming Melo, and no one is questioning why he wanted to go to NY... so settle down.

We are, however, stating that the Knicks could have signed him in the offseason for most likely less than his pre-trade extension... since it really was the only place he wanted to play. We are also saying that the Knicks then could have kept some attractive assets to make another deal.

so we should of been signing him next week

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    You're right but more likely blame on the Knicks for accepting retarded deal and even I still blame on Melo cause he said he wants "TRADE" and want to play for New York Knicks and he had been running his damn mouth and putting Nuggets and Knicks in paranoid mode.

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Like said above, Melo isn't to blame, but the Knicks shot themselves in the foot by not being patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    You're right but more likely blame on the Knicks for accepting retarded deal and even I still blame on Melo cause he said he wants "TRADE" and want to play for New York Knicks and he had been running his damn mouth and putting Nuggets and Knicks in paranoid mode.
    that was one thing that annoyed me

if melo ws signing with us next week, we would of landed chris paul next week also w/ gallinari/felton/fields and 2 first

or we would of had deron for cheaper already and be making play for dwight

Very good NBA starter

I am nice and settled but when the title reads: Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing? what does that sound like to you? Knicks could have waited, but why take the chance? I think they could have kept some assets in the Denver deal(mainly Anthony Randolph and Felton) but they did what they had to do.

As if splitting those guys into two trades for Paul and Melo would net you either of them

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Again Melo said he wanted a trade, but the Knicks were the ones negotiating. They could have not traded him at all and attempted to sign him in free agency, but they could have risked losing him to another team. Those are the risks you take. And to be fair there's no way in hell they could know that Chris Paul would request a trade there.

I usually hit open layups

Angry Re: Did Melo screw the Knicks up bad or he did the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    blame dolan if anything
    THIS F*****G ALL THE WAY!!!! Yea Melo didnt help things by screaming bout wantin his dough, but then it gets compounded by his royal scumbag, by jumpin in and "personally handling the negotiations now"F you Dolan, who the F*** you think you are, Jerry FRICKING West???? What the F*** makes you think you know a GDamn thing bout basketball outsida writin checks. Yes having Melo is nice, but remember as GM you have to think bout this move for this year, AND the next 5!!!! Donnie came here, worked his ass off cleaning this disaster up and making the job doable, and in 5 minutes that goes BOOM!!! Sorry, rant!! Look anybody would love to have Dolan, BUT ONLY the side of him that wants his team to do well, and spends anything for that. But not the meddling BS side, where "OOOOH i know basketball" BULL, im pretty sure the board knows more basketball than youve forgotten jimmy. So yea Melo didnt help, but as usual, suspect NO. 1 is our "beloved" owner, AS USUAL!!!!

3-time NBA All-Star

who cares as long as it proves that melo is not a frontrunner who wants to have the best teammates possible. He wants to win a fair way.