Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default When was the last time you saw a 7 footer in your regular life

There aren't a lot of seven footers in the world. When was the last time you saw a 7 footer excluding a basketball game, just everyday walk of life. Last night I saw a guy that was 7'1". He was in the psych ward of the hospital that I work in. He told me that he tried out but didn't make the nba back in the early 80's. He said he outplayed Joe Barry Carroll in a college game. Carroll was the #1 pick in 1980. Before this guy I don't think I've actually seen a legit 7 footer. Only tall people like 6'10 or less.

Default Re: When was the last time you saw a 7 footer in your regular life

3 times a day usually ;]

^^^this guy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

At a bar a couple of years ago. Dude was talking about how he was 7 foot tall and I told him he was tall but not 7 foot. Then he stood all the way up and he actually was probably a legit 7 foot. He was a real gangly mother though.

When I was 12 my father had a party in which somone either 6'11 or 7 feet showed up. Forgot how he knew him, but by far the tallest guy I've seen in person

Banned

Tallest guy I've ever seen in every day like was 6'9. Although in the NBA 6'9 is probably listed as 7'........
    This guy played pro ball in europe before the euroleague formed.

A substitute teacher in my middle school 12 years ago. Guy couldn't fit through the door and got stuck on the chair

All the kids would just stare at him wherever he went. I felt bad for him, but he says his kids are all like that. His daughter was like 5'10 and in middle school. His son was something like 6ft and still in elementary school.

everytime I pee and look down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    A substitute teacher in my middle school 12 years ago. Guy couldn't fit through the door and got stuck on the chair

All the kids would just stare at him wherever he went. I felt bad for him, but he says his kids are all like that. His daughter was like 5'10 and in middle school. His son was something like 6ft and still in elementary school.
    unless you are a basketballer being that tall is a disability. Steve Merchant on one of their podcasts went on about his height and how he has to buy more expensive clothes/shoes/cars etc because normal sized things don't fit and normal stores don't stock his things.

By game do you mean games as spectator or even with friends/pickup, because basketball usually attracts taller people and isn't everyday life for most people.

Once on our home court, about 15 years ago. He only played once and sucked big time, he got destroyed by the then talest guys there(6'3" and smaller).

One of my basketball friends is 6'7" or 6'8" that's about the talest I see on a regular. Another guy is 6'9" or 10" with a damn skinny frame.

Tallest non basketball friends was a classmates dad, he was 6'7" or even bigger and had hands like Kawhi. They were absurdely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    unless you are a basketballer being that tall is a disability. Steve Merchant on one of their podcasts went on about his height and how he has to buy more expensive clothes/shoes/cars etc because normal sized things don't fit and normal stores don't stock his things.
    One of my exes was 6'1" and she had to buy men's shoes, because stores wouldn't have female shoes her size. I hate shopping anyway, but bying stuff with her was a pita.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I'd figure people on a basketball forum actually went to basketball games.

You people are pathetic. Get off my site.
    I'd figure people posting in a thread would read the OP before posting. Maybe I'm wrong about that but that's usually a key part to not looking like a dickhead ? If you read the OP he clearly says "excluding a basketball game".

Banned

Some Sudanese guy that went to my highschool.

Banned

He was actually 6'10 but that's basically 7 feet.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    everytime I pee and look down.
    damn i was gonna say something like that

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

One of my cousins was 6'7" his freshmen year in high school. I don't know how tall he was when he stopped growing. I lost touch with him.
    The tallest guy I played against in a pick up game was around 6'9". He was really slow. A European guy. He had 7 inches on me but he liked to play from outside, he wouldn't take advantage of me in the paint.