Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Ray Allen to meet with Miami Heat on Thursday, Clippers Friday

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Lebron needs all the help he can get. Not 1, not 2, not 3,... but 8 all-stars.
    let me tell you, Wade was such a superstar this year . No Bosh for pivotal points in the playoffs. You sound so salty.,

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Still don't get why he wants to leave Boston. If he's still butthurt about being shopped around, then he needs to get over it. I'm sure everyone on that team was shopped around at some time last season. I don't want him in Miami. Yes he's a valuable player, but it just doesn't look right.
    I think he just might feel his role is too diminished. Even in Miami, Allen wouldn't start, but he'd be bigger for them than he probably would for Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    let me tell you, Wade was such a superstar this year . No Bosh for pivotal points in the playoffs. You sound so salty.,
    There's no point in arguing with people like that. Just complete morons.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    LMFAOJames would be ringless if it's wasn't for Wade against Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    LMFAOJames would be ringless if it's wasn't for Wade against Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I think he just might feel his role is too diminished. Even in Miami, Allen wouldn't start, but he'd be bigger for them than he probably would for Boston.
    Good point. He's done a lot for his legacy up to this point. Don't see what going to Miami will do for him. Maybe I'm just too into NBA rivalries. Lol Boston has killed us so many times in the playoffs, I don't want to see anyone from that team wearing a Heat jersey. I'm sure you guys also feel the same way about seeing a Heat player in a Celtics jersey.

Get the feeling ray is still hurt over the trying to trade him, losing starting spot to Bradley... Miami need to be careful though not to wait on ray too long and lose out on camby.

Good point. He's done a lot for his legacy up to this point. Don't see what going to Miami will do for him. Maybe I'm just too into NBA rivalries. Lol Boston has killed us so many times in the playoffs, I don't want to see anyone from that team wearing a Heat jersey. I'm sure you guys also feel the same way about seeing a Heat player in a Celtics jersey.
    If he can get another ring or two and push his 3 point makes up above 3,000, it'd be pretty big for his legacy. He'd be 500 makes ahead of Miller. You'd have to think that record would stand for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Get the feeling ray is still hurt over the trying to trade him, losing starting spot to Bradley... Miami need to be careful though not to wait on ray too long and lose out on camby.
    I think they may have time. Camby probably waits to see what happens with Houston and they'll be waiting on Chicago matching their offer to Asik.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....

When asked about his status on the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday, Rivers sounded much less confident.

Ray Ray getting 15 open threes a game from LeGod, and DWade. Oh whats that Ray you shoot 40%+ on threes well here's the ball and go to work boy.

[QUOTE=All Net]Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....

When asked about his status on the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday, Rivers sounded much less confident.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Didn't Odom get traded to LA in the Shaq deal in 04-05?
    From wikipedia

During the 2009 Los Angeles Lakers off-season as a free agent, Odom was courted heavily by the Miami Heat,[40] the team that traded him to the Lakers in 2004. Despite pleas from Miami guard Dwyane Wade[41] Kobe Bryant remained optimistic Odom would return to Los Angeles[42] to team up with newly acquired forward and Odom's fellow New Yorker, Ron Artest. After a month of tedious negotiations, on July 31, 2009 the Lakers announced that they had agreed to a four-year deal worth up to $33 million with Odom.[43] The investment would pay off as Odom would play a crucial role for the Lakers on the way to another NBA Championship, with the Lakers winning over the Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals.[44]
    That summer I remember Odom being very hesitant to sign with LA at first. We only had the MLE to offer down in Miami, but we promised him starter minutes and a bigger role than LA. But ultimately LA upped their offer and everything worked out for both Odom and LA in the end.

I think Ray is trying to do the same thing. He really doesn't want to leave Boston, but he wants to put a bit of pressure on Ainge as some method of payback for putting him on the trading block.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    That summer I remember Odom being very hesitant to sign with LA at first. We only had the MLE to offer down in Miami, but we promised him starter minutes and a bigger role than LA. But ultimately LA upped their offer and everything worked out for both Odom and LA in the end.

I think Ray is trying to do the same thing. He really doesn't want to leave Boston, but he wants to put a bit of pressure on Ainge as some method of payback for putting him on the trading block.
    Very possible, but the situations are a bit different. Lamar never wanted to leave LA. Not the Lakers, the city. He said as much. Plus, Miami wasn't a contender then with Lamar and certainly not without.

Allen might just be trying to get a third year out of Boston, but the Clippers and Miami have more to offer than what Odom was looking at.

[QUOTE=All Net]Celtics coach Doc Rivers told ESPNBoston.com on Sunday he thought it would be a "stretch" if free agent Ray Allen chose to sign with a team other than the Celtics....