Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Who was tha worst season MVP ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Wes Unseld in 68/69 won an MVP averaging 13.8 points a game, as a rookie. Imagine anyone in the modern era winning an MVP on only 13.8 ppg. And his FG% was only 47.6, for a center.
    guy averaged almost 20 rebounds a game... and 3 assists. Not to mention they did not take blocks/steals into account. Although they were never his forte. No one average 14/19 right now, i dont think anyone would be terribly mad at an MVP with those stats.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

The most overrated player of all time: Chuckbe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    guy averaged almost 20 rebounds a game... and 3 assists. Not to mention they did not take blocks/steals into account. Although they were never his forte. No one average 14/19 right now, i dont think anyone would be terribly mad at an MVP with those stats.
    Yeah but there was this other rookie named Hayes who put up:

28.4/17.1/1.4 on 44.7%

I think Oscar's 24.7/6.4/9.8 on 48.6% was better also.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Look at DRose's stats that yr, then look at Westbrook's.
    Rose stats were very, very similar to Curry's this year. And Curry will win it this year, and Rose carried his team more than Curry did. Both teams were number 1 in defense. Curry barely leads his team in scoring. But he's going to beat out Westbrook for MVP this year.

5-time NBA All-Star

28.4/17.1/1.4 on 44.7%

That's why they don't do it by stats. While Hayes was worth 20 wins, so was Unseld, but the Bullets were contenders off of one player. Unseld was definitely a better player despite the stats. Even when they were on the same team with Hayes rebounding more and scoring more than double Unseld's amount, this wasn't a question as to who meant more to the team.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    The most overrated player of all time: Chuckbe Bryant
    Good call.

tldr

bro you just went full pauk

never go full pauk
    It was two paragraphs you moron
    Go back to reading captain underpants, you dimwit

Did people not watch Steve Nash or the Suns? Every year there's more and more haters. What he did was amazing. It was a team tailor made for him, but his play and contribution were MVP worthy.

28.4/17.1/1.4 on 44.7%

37 wins
    41 wins
    57 wins

Billy Cunningham and Reed deserved it more though.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

tldr

bro you just went full pauk

never go full pauk

Rat poison.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Did people not watch Steve Nash or the Suns? Every year there's more and more haters. What he did was amazing. It was a team tailor made for him, but his play and contribution were MVP worthy.
    Did you not watch Shaq with the Heat? Did more with less. Shaq doesn't need a system tailor made for him to play MVP level ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

C
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Rose stats were very, very similar to Curry's this year. And Curry will win it this year, and Rose carried his team more than Curry did. Both teams were number 1 in defense. Curry barely leads his team in scoring. But he's going to beat out Westbrook for MVP this year.
    Just don't see how they are that similar unless you stop at raw numbers.

An 8% TS gap is ****ing enormous.

Also, the Warriors are better with Curry than the Bulls were with Rose. And much worse without Curry than the Bulls were without Rose.

Also, the Warriors play in a far tougher conference.

Also, I think Curry has played vastly under-rated defense this year. He's been an asset on the defensive end. You don't see the Warriors getting demonstrably better without him on defense they way the Bulls did without Rose. In fact, they get worse on defense without him.

Curry has been much better this year than Rose was in 11 unless you ignore a lot...

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    C

Also, the Warriors are better with Curry than the Bulls were with Rose. And much worse without Curry than the Bulls were without Rose.

Also, I think Curry has played vastly under-rated defense this year. He's been an asset on the defensive end. You don't see the Warriors getting demonstrably better without him on defense they way the Bulls did without Rose. In fact, they get worse on defense without him.

Curry has been much better this year than Rose was in 11 unless you ignore a lot...
    Maybe it's because the Warriors much more offensive options than the Bulls did that Curry is shooting a high %..?

Not to mention the Eastern conference generally play a much more slow paced defensive oriented game compared to the Western Conference.

I can't even remember who backed up Derrick Rose back in 2011 off the top of my head without looking it up.... CJ Watson?

While the Warriors have Iggy, Livingston, etc both can handle playmaking duties for the Warriors.

They're around equal IMO, weak MVP candidates that people are going to bitch about in a couple years.

I'd take this years curry over MVP Rose, but it's close.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Wow, 8% points is enormous. So when Terry rocked 60% points over Dirk in the finals - and over a 100% in the final three games, what is that called???

TS is a garbage stat for point guards. Only a complete idiot would run to TS for a point guard comparison. Especially one playing in a system oriented game with numerous shooters vs an almost sole creator for his team without a consistent shooter or finisher. The point guard position is the adjustment position. The decision maker on attacks. The one who creates. The guy who controls the game. Rose role was not to be efficient, it was to stay on attack, create chaos. That's a complete system in GS. I want to hear you compare it to what was in Chi-town that couldn't break a trap when they were throwing the kitchen sink at Rose.
    Rose missed one game that year so it absolutely means nothing. So what are you basing this on? Wait... You are going to that incredibly stupid nonsense about CJ Watson being better than Rose thing again are you? You can't help yourself. Just spare us and don't do this incredibly stupid shat again. Really.
    The Bulls absolutely dominated the West elite after 20 games in. Even did so without key players.

There it is. Name me the elite point guard that came off on Rose that year? Just name one? 70% of Rose with Meniscus issues, went into GS and at the end of the game GS wasn't even looking for Curry. And Rose ends up rocking the game winner with Curry not guarding him - no switch or anything. Kyrie and Westbrook had big games on Curry or his better guard defender. And Rose always guards his man. This great defense is you lying yet again. I think Curry is great, but destroying you is better.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 03-11-2015 at 01:45 AM.