Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Default Re: #2 seed Cavs,with a .615 win % would be the #8 seed in West

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Yes they are. They completely stifle opposing offenses with their length and physicality.

Yes, GS plays at a breakneck pace, but they also play better defense than any of these eastern teams lauded for their physical defense. Just look at their personnel:

Green
    Bogut
    Iguodala
    Thompson

Those guys are all elite defenders at their respective positions, with Green and Bogut being legit DPOY candidates. Curry, Barnes, and Livingston are also solid defenders.
    whoa whoa whoa.. stop the clock. When did Thompson become an "elite" defender? green? a 6'7" PF/ really? Boguts injuries have limited him to being a rim defender at best. If he gets caught in a pick and roll? Yikes. iggy has also lost a ton of foot speed. he can no longer be considered an elite defender. c'mon son

Decent playground baller ScarSymmetry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Lebron* would soil himself if he had to play against the west in the playoffs. He's protected in the east.
    It is indeed true. LeBron has been a part of stacked East teams that can coast up until the conference finals.

He could actually have a top 10 GOAT argument if he was in the current West all this time, but colluding in stacked East teams in this era really is an easy trip to the last 2 round.

Hate or love him, this is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Cavs are 15-13 against the West.

They'd be the 8th seed.

#3 seed. GTFO
    not, because west teams play east teams 40 percent of their schedule. with cavs percentages against west and east they would be a 6th seed in the west. and thats accounting lebron being injured. if you really think the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west then you are just stupid. Like i said, they are the same caliber team as dallas clippers portland and houston, is that really hard to believe? especially when they are 3-2 against those teams.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    not, because west teams play east teams 40 percent of their schedule. with cavs percentages against west and east they would be a 6th seed in the west. and thats accounting lebron being injured. if you really think the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west then you are just stupid. Like i said, they are the same caliber team as dallas clippers portland and houston, is that really hard to believe? especially when they are 3-2 against those teams.

Cavs are definitely better than those teams at this point. Cavs are a top 5 team in NBA now forget all the other stuff the eye test and talent level say otherwise.

It's funny how anyone that plays with Lebron either becomes a superstar or scrub... Y'all haters and stans are lame as ****

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    whoa whoa whoa.. stop the clock. When did Thompson become an "elite" defender? green? a 6'7" PF/ really? Boguts injuries have limited him to being a rim defender at best. If he gets caught in a pick and roll? Yikes. iggy has also lost a ton of foot speed. he can no longer be considered an elite defender. c'mon son
    Pretty clear you haven't been paying attention at all. If all of these guys aren't that good on defense, then how come they're the #1 defense by a wide margin? You're talking out of your ass.

- Thompson has been one of the best defensive SG's since last year.

- lol do you not know anything about Draymond Green? He's a legit DPOY candidate you know. Can guard all 5 positions effectively, blocks shots, forces turnovers, etc.

- Bogut is an elite rim protector. No idea why you're questioning his defensive credentials.

- Iggy hasn't lost anything on the defensive end. Trust me, I've watched every Warriors game this year. He still destroys teams offenses with his long arms, intelligence, and lateral quickness.

Why are people so hesitant to admit that GS are the best defensive team in the league? I guess ignorant people just assume they're still merely a run n gun team. Look at the stats, watch their games and it becomes clear how good they are.

OPP FG%: 1st
    OPP 3 PT%: 3rd
    Steals: 4th
    Blocks: 2nd
    Defensive rating: 1st

Facts are clearly on my side. Eye test also proves my point.