Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Wolves send 1st rounder to Hawks for Payne

I think he could end up being useful. Obviously rookie isn't going to come in and expect to be a major factor in Bud's system, but on an inferior team where he'll feel more involved? He could be a solid stretch guy off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    I think he could end up being useful. Obviously rookie isn't going to come in and expect to be a major factor in Bud's system, but on an inferior team where he'll feel more involved? He could be a solid stretch guy off the bench.
    It's not going to hurt no doubt. Better opportunity there. Good luck. Dude was a fan favorite in college.

I wanted him on the Heat around draft time. Dude can ball, and I actually completely forgot about him since he wasn't playing.

I like Minny as a team too, so hopefully he can get some minutes there and start playing.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It'll be later than sooner that's for sure. Lettuce be real, look at the young core of the team. Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Muhammed, Dieng. It's gonna take them all some serious growing up as players for your believe to take place. Sixers will make the playoffs before the Wolves thanks to the conference we are in.

The West aint getting easier my man. And if George Karl becomes HC for the Kings? It just got tougher.
    I know it's a tough conference, but I had projected around a .500 record this season. The injuries have cost us a lot of games though. We can see what the results are for the rest of the season to get a better idea of where they will be next season. So far we're 3-2 with Rubio back and won 2 in a row and 3 in a row for the first time this season. Lost to Mavs, Hawks. Won against Heat, Grizzlies, Pistons.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

You dont have to tell me, I wanted him on the Sixers. The guy said he lacks a real skill, when shooting is what he can do. Stretch 4.
    I wanted him too. He has plenty of skill and is athletic. I think that he may have had plantar fasciitis this year. He's 6'9" bare feet and has a wingspan of 7'4" and a standing reach of 9'1". He's athletic and can shoot. I think this is an awesome pickup for the Wolves and I wished the Sixers would have gotten him. We will prob get a chance the second half of the season to see if he can actually play. I suspect that they'll move Thad now so that he and Bennett can get as much time there as possible and they can see if they can play.

GOBB Vonleh is a similar player to Payne but he's younger. If Payne was a freshman he would have been a top 10 pick but because he was a Senior (I think he was a senior) he wasn't viewed as having as much potential. Vonleh is buried in Charlotte and I wouldn't mind prying him away from them. Vonleh is still 19 and doesn't turn 20 til August.

Edit:for some perspective KAT is 19 and turns 20 in November so they are the same age. And Okafor is 19 and turns 20 in December. Anyway, Vonleh is young as shit.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 02-11-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    GOBB Vonleh is a similar player to Payne but he's younger. If Payne was a freshman he would have been a top 10 pick but because he was a Senior (I think he was a senior) he wasn't viewed as having as much potential. Vonleh is buried in Charlotte and I wouldn't mind prying him away from them. Vonleh is still 19 and doesn't turn 20 til August.

Edit:for some perspective KAT is 19 and turns 20 in November so they are the same age. And Okafor is 19 and turns 20 in December. Anyway, Vonleh is young as shit.
    Vonleh is another guy I wanted here as well. I haven't followed his situation tho. not sure if it's a case of being buried or what. Didnt realize he was that young tho.

Decent college freshman

Payne can play ball.

6'10" 240lbs 7'4" wingspan 9'1" standing reach, he has the physical tools although his lung condition affects his stamina greatly according to DE. Minny are probably getting a serviceable backup (could even be a starter on Minny).

Vonleh is another guy I wanted here as well. I haven't followed his situation tho. not sure if it's a case of being buried or what. Didnt realize he was that young tho.
    He was hurt earlier I can't remember with what. Maybe he had plantar fasciitis. Either him or Payne did. He's barely playing. Just got some decent time recently. Actually I think that he had a sports hernia and Payne had PF. Vonleh was awful in summer league but that doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    6'10" 240lbs 7'4" wingspan 9'1" standing reach, he has the physical tools although his lung condition affects his stamina greatly according to DE. Minny are probably getting a serviceable backup (could even be a starter on Minny).
    It does to some degree I'm sure but dude was a baller in college.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    It does to some degree I'm sure but dude was a baller in college.
    His minute restriction could be a blessing in disguise, as I don't think he will ever be a guy you would want to play 36MPG. I believe it could serve as a source of extra motivation for him to perform his best in the limited PT he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    His minute restriction could be a blessing in disguise, as I don't think he will ever be a guy you would want to play 36MPG. I believe it could serve as a source of extra motivation for him to perform his best in the limited PT he gets.
    Maybe maybe not. He's skilled but he could be a guy who never does shit or someone who is very productive. Who knows.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Payne is overall garbage. Not a legit NBA player, lacks any real skill and his athleticism is a joke.
    Sounds like they found their Kevin Love replacement.

Decent college freshman

Payne's line from last night v. Clippers:

16 points on 7-12 shooting, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block.

Again, he can play.