Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Jordan Gives the Blueprint on Stopping Lebron Defensively

Now Jordan just needs a blueprint on building a good team.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    Horrible angles in all 3 but it's pretty clear LBJ had size over MJ

that's a horrible angle. the size difference between bron and jordan will be similar to bron and kobe except jordan is tad bigger than kobe with longer wingspan and reach

again, i saw pippen and bron together on tv, and they really looked similar in terms of height. pippen also had couple of inches on jordan

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Most of this board doesn't care enough to read up and educate themselves fully on the game, but Wilt did the same thing for Jordan back when Jordan was playing. An article about an interview with Wilt was released, asking how Wilt would stop Jordan, and he made it seem like a simple task, and that Jordan had several flaws in his game.
    Everything is easy when you talk about it, but not so much in practice. Jordan wouldn't stand a chance guarding a player 55lbs heavier than him.
    I remember that. Wilt was talking about Jordan not being able to shoot from certain spots on the court. I'm going to try and find it.

Found the article:

Wilt was a student of the game and observed closely his opponents while he was a player and after his retirement. We had many lengthy phone conversations about statistics in the periods when he was writing his books. One time he asked me, "Do you know that Michael Jordan can't shoot past 15 feet?" I asked him how he knew that. His response: "Don't you watch the games?"

"Not that closely," I said.

He challenged me to prove otherwise. So I gathered material to show what Jordan did that season on every shot he took and from what distance. Guess what? Wilt was right. Jordan shot about 36% from the 15-foot mark back. That taught me not to doubt the big guy again.

Source

PHILA posted a longer, slightly different account of this.