Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Jordan Gives the Blueprint on Stopping Lebron Defensively

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Top 3 defender of all time?
    He's one of the greatest perimeter defender of all-time. Yes, he was just as good as Pippen, some say better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Still wont stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I never meant to imply it was revolutionary. More just interesting to hear somebody like Jordan comment on it. Plus he went into a little more detail that "force him left". Most guys aren't able to but Jordan would be able to.
    That tendency to shoot when going left is something a lot of rightys have, not just Lebron. Im not doubting that Jordan would be a tough match-up on D but this is a pretty basic observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Im not mad. I just think its silly to act like Jordan is dropping knowledge by describing the most basic defensive strategy vs. a right handed player.
    You are seriously underrating the lack of fundamentals and the low IQ of today's game.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    That tendency to shoot when going left is something a lot of rightys have, not just Lebron. Im not doubting that Jordan would be a tough match-up on D but this is a pretty basic observation.
    I agree it's not an in depth scouting report and probably has already been told to players by scouts/coaches. What makes it more interesting to me is Jordan of all people commented on it. One of maybe 5 guys in NBA history that COULD probably consistently guard Lebron and hold him in check.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    He's one of the greatest perimeter defender of all-time. Yes, he was just as good as Pippen, some say better.
    Many old heads believe he was the greatest perimeter defender of all time. Myself included.

Decent playground baller Apogee's Avatar

This is old info fool. check out my thread that even provides a link..

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Many old heads believe he was the greatest perimeter defender of all time. Myself included.
    Definitely debatable. I personally am in the Payton camp... but Jordan+Pip are absolutely in the discussion and all 3 are interchangeable depending on who you ask.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I think MJ could force him into 4-5 tough shots in a game, but LeBron is still going to get his 30, 7 and 7.

Maybe mike should relay dis info to his team and maybe they could stop lebron from shooting 13 for 14 next time they play

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I think MJ could force him into 4-5 tough shots in a game, but LeBron is still going to get his 30, 7 and 7.
    is this a joke? So basically Jordan's defense would make no difference? I don't think people understand although 6'6 220... Jordan was strong as a mother fu**er. I'd wager he's physically nearly as strong as Lebron. Combine that with superior IQ, tenacity, toughness and footwork? Sorry man but Lebron is not putting up 30, 7 and 7 against Jordan, especially in a series.

Michael Jordan is probably the only player in NBA history that is MORE athletic than Lebron in terms of the combination of strength, leaping, quickness, explosiveness etc. I honestly think Mike would be a nightmare matchup for Lebron because he's the one guy Lebron wouldn't be able to bully. Wouldn't surprise me if he beat Lebron into submission mentally either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Michael Jordan is probably the only player in NBA history that is MORE athletic than Lebron in terms of the combination of strength, leaping, quickness, explosiveness etc. I honestly think Mike would be a nightmare matchup for Lebron because he's the one guy Lebron wouldn't be able to bully. Wouldn't surprise me if he beat Lebron into submission mentally either.
    He's not stronger but the rest of the bold should be expected from a 6'6 athlete over a 6'8/9 that weighs 30 less pounds or more. Let's stop assuming and coming to conclusions on something we'll never know and kobe talks as much if not more shit than MJ. Certainly hasn't helped him in his match up against LBJ.
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 02-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    If Jordan force him to go 3-9 in the first half, he wouldn't take more than 5 or 6 attempts the second half. LeBron's gonna try to reserve that FG% average.

Earned not given

Old. Already posted and discussed two days ago.