Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Channing Frye's value

Quote Originally Posted by Apples
    I wouldn't say Turiaf is better overall, but he is a lot tougher, especially on the boards. But the last time I saw Frye play, he torched the Lakers. I didn't know he had an outside game, and for someone his size, that's a great quality. If he could toughen up inside, he's easily a top Center (offensively) in the league, especially if you put him on a team with guards who attract attention, and can get him the ball.
    A lot tougher on the boards? Despite averaging less rebounds in more time?

Decent playground baller

I think the Lakers fans are dreaming of being able to trade Turiaf for Frye. I don't think the Blazers would do the trade because it makes zero sense. I still think that trading Frye for a good/decent PG would be a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by laview
    I think the Lakers fans are dreaming of being able to trade Turiaf for Frye. I don't think the Blazers would do the trade because it makes zero sense. I still think that trading Frye for a good/decent PG would be a smart move.
    I really don't think so. Both guys are bench players. What Turiaf brings is much more valuable than Fryes. Turiaf brings intense D, and is a good finisher at the rim. I think Turiafs offense outweighs Fryes jumper. When Turiaf comes in, you know he will bring the D, and he has a knack for offensive boards. I prefer a guy like that at least on the Lakers because Gasol is finesse and Turiaf is toughness. Brings a good element when he goes in for Gasol.

He may be a better fit for the Lakers, but that doesn't necessarily make him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    He may be a better fit for the Lakers, but that doesn't necessarily make him better.

I think defense is more important coming off the bench than Fryes offense. I think elite teams would prefer Turiafs passion and D off the bench.

I think it depends on an individual team's needs. On an elite team a role player doesn't need to score, so you may be right about Turiaf being more important there. Frye though I think is more talented and could step up more when asked to do so.

If Frye can develop some defensive toughness, then I think his value will go much higher and he would be more valuable than a guy like Turiaf. Offensively, he has a very nice touch and good range. Just needs to be able to learn some post D.

I am Chris Wilcox

Memphis would be more than happy to take Frye off of your hands. It would give our PF spot a backup, as we currently don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Memphis would be more than happy to take Frye off of your hands. It would give our PF spot a backup, as we currently don't have one.
    Sure. As somebody else suggested: Outlaw, Frye, #13 for Mike Miller and #5.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Sure. As somebody else suggested: Outlaw, Frye, #13 for Mike Miller and #5.
    As much as I would like Frye on the Memphis team, we really need that #5 pick, it would be silly of us to trade that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    As much as I would like Frye on the Memphis team, we really need that #5 pick, it would be silly of us to trade that away.
    I don't think any of those guys you'd be getting would be worth the #5 pick anyway. Maybe i'm not as high on Outlaw as some of the others, but I wouldn't do it. I don't think Frye is a huge upgrade over Warrick in terms of talent either.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I don't think any of those guys you'd be getting would be worth the #5 pick anyway. Maybe i'm not as high on Outlaw as some of the others, but I wouldn't do it. I don't think Frye is a huge upgrade over Warrick in terms of talent either.
    Being a huge upgrade wouldn't be a concern, we're not looking to trade Warrick, just looking for a good big man who could play as a backup PF to Warrick.

I heard Channing Frye was playing great ball in New York before an injury. Now he showed flashes of his pre injury self here in Portland, and many think he was just returning to form at the end of the year. In the same way Outlaw was turning the corner the season before and broke out this year. There is a chance Frye could improve a lot next year.

I don't think it's likely to happen. I just want to see if Frye and Webster step their games up another level. I don't think we should trade Frye away just yet. I really think the Blazers need to keep every player unless it's a better player we are getting.

i just took a look at mike miller's stats from this season.

averaging 35 minutes per game:
    FG - 50%
    3ptFG - 43%
    7 boards per

snap

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I heard Channing Frye was playing great ball in New York before an injury.
    "great" is a bit strong.

consistent/respectable is probably more apt.