Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2019, 02:49 AM   #31
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Their perimeter defense should be a sight to behold though.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:51 AM   #32
ronniec
Good High School Starter
 
ronniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 935
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callystarr
I'm glad he chose Clippers, I just think it is at a high cost but we will see. After reviewing more in depth I'd say they are top 3.

but the west is loaded...who the hell knows

How many first round pick and overall first pick Clippers screwed up previously?

Now here is a real all star, it worth everything.

When you have Leonard and PG, the picks won't worth much because they will be a playoff team.

They may not win it in the end, but I am so happy that Clippers are relevant finally, and Lebron's team going to suck again.
ronniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:56 AM   #33
Callystarr
Wuddup Doe
 
Callystarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bronx
Posts: 624
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniec
How many first round pick and overall first pick Clippers screwed up previously?

Now here is a real all star, it worth everything.

When you have Leonard and PG, the picks won't worth much because they will be a playoff team.

They may not win it in the end, but I am so happy that Clippers are relevant finally, and Lebron's team going to suck again.

I'm not disagreeing, its just something to watch for.

PG is my favorite player in the NBA but his chemistry with other players is always questionable... His shooting is questionable, and his consistency is questionable...however, his defense is always there.

He is a career 43% shooter, its nothing to write home about. He is popular and he is a hard worker but he is STREAKY which has been his problem in the playoffs. Like I said Clippers improved most certainly...there are 6 teams in the western conference that can beat this clippers squad on any given day...
Callystarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:57 AM   #34
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniec
How many first round pick and overall first pick Clippers screwed up previously?

Now here is a real all star, it worth everything.

When you have Leonard and PG, the picks won't worth much because they will be a playoff team.

They may not win it in the end, but I am so happy that Clippers are relevant finally, and Lebron's team going to suck again.



That’s just it though. The Lakers are right up there too


Basically LA has two teams in the mix dude.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:58 AM   #35
GreatHILL
BANNED 4 LIFE!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,275
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Quote:
OKC acquired THREE unprotected first-round picks from the Clippers in this trade (2022, 2024 and 2026), league sources say, PLUS two firsts from Miami (2021 unprotected and 2023 protected 1-to-14) ... AND the right to swap picks with the Clips in 2023 and 2025. Staggering


westbrook is the next one to be traded.
GreatHILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:00 AM   #36
Callystarr
Wuddup Doe
 
Callystarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bronx
Posts: 624
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Thatís just it though. The Lakers are right up there too


Basically LA has two teams in the mix dude.

I feel like the Clippers are better than the Lakers.

Offensively they have the edge, but defensively Clippers are strong. Clippers will be top 3 in defense.
Callystarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:08 AM   #37
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callystarr
I feel like the Clippers are better than the Lakers.

Offensively they have the edge, but defensively Clippers are strong. Clippers will be top 3 in defense.



The Clips are better yes. If this was a younger Lebron then maybe.

17th season Lebron? No chance. He especially needed Kawhi.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:10 AM   #38
Dr. Cheesesteak
Decent college freshman
 
Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: City of Trees, CA
Posts: 2,997
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Thatís just it though. The Lakers are right up there too
lol, more like almost there. LAL is easily outclassed by LAC, Den, and Utah. Not even sure I'd consider LAL better than Portland, Houston, or even SAS (LW4 and Dajounte about to blow up. Keldon in a couple years will follow suit). Shit, NOP > LAL? AD and Kuzma are real nice. But the rest of the roster is a 34 y/o LeBron, Danny Green, and tablescraps so far. Only dummies and plebs truly think LAL will be contenders.

I may be convinced otherwise if they get Marcus Morris...uhh...I guess that's about it. Cousins is a cancer and wont help them. Rondo is really the only PG available? Man...gonna be ugly.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:15 AM   #39
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23,737
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
lol, more like almost there. LAL is easily outclassed by LAC, Den, and Utah. Not even sure I'd consider LAL better than Portland, Houston, or even SAS (LW4 and Dajounte about to blow up. Keldon in a couple years will follow suit). Shit, NOP > LAL? AD and Kuzma are real nice. But the rest of the roster is a 34 y/o LeBron, Danny Green, and tablescraps so far. Only dummies and plebs truly think LAL will be contenders.

I may be convinced otherwise if they get Marcus Morris...uhh...I guess that's about it. Cousins is a cancer and wont help them. Rondo is really the only PG available? Man...gonna be ugly.

lol right...because LeBron isn't still a top 10 player in the league or anything regardless if he's 34 or not. Don't be a moron.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:21 AM   #40
Dr. Cheesesteak
Decent college freshman
 
Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: City of Trees, CA
Posts: 2,997
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
lol right...because LeBron isn't still a top 10 player in the league or anything regardless if he's 34 or not. Don't be a moron.
Dude, we all saw his decline on D. Of course he's a great player, but he's no longer what he used to be. Even you said "Top 10" rather than "Top 1", like he was just 2 years ago.

I mean, OKC had 2 Top 10ish players and a better roster than what LAL has now and look how they did. You really expect LAL to be a contender as they're constructed now?

You need more than table scraps to supplement your stars. This year's Finals was indisputable evidences of that.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:22 AM   #41
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Is Rondo really all thatís left? Iím not too thrilled about that at all.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:23 AM   #42
Dr. Cheesesteak
Decent college freshman
 
Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: City of Trees, CA
Posts: 2,997
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Is Rondo really all thatís left? Iím not too thrilled about that at all.
Frank Mason III is available now lol.

Maybe they throw the max at Delon Wright? lol...
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #43
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Jesus thatís rough.



I feel like Bron is going to run that point now more than ever.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #44
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23,737
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
Dude, we all saw his decline on D. Of course he's a great player, but he's no longer what he used to be. Even you said "Top 10" rather than "Top 1", like he was just 2 years ago.

I mean, OKC had 2 Top 10ish players and a better roster than what LAL has now and look how they did. You really expect LAL to be a contender as they're constructed now?

You need more than table scraps to supplement your stars. This year's Finals was indisputable evidences of that.

lol you went out of your way to say Davis and Kuzma (wtf lol he's not even top 50 in the league) and then said a 34 year old LeBron like he's garbage. Make up your mind. Also, Westbrick wasn't close to being a top 10 player in the league this past season.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:31 AM   #45
Dr. Cheesesteak
Decent college freshman
 
Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: City of Trees, CA
Posts: 2,997
Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
lol you went out of your way to say Davis and Kuzma (wtf lol he's not even top 50 in the league) and then said a 34 year old LeBron like he's garbage. Make up your mind. Also, Westbrick wasn't close to being a top 10 player in the league this past season.
I said Kuzma is nice. Am I wrong? But keep strawmanning me, it's cool.

I mean, I won't say what I think of Westbrook. But who are your Top 15 current NBA players? Don't base it off of just last season alone. Cuz who actually does that lol?
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy