Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The night of (HBO)

just watched the first episode.. good shit

anyone watching this?

Naz is a straight-laced Paskistani-American student who is off to a must-attend party on a Friday night. His only available transportation being his father's taxi cab, Naz sets off into Manhattan. But his party-going plans are quickly forgotten when a mysterious young woman jumps aboard in need of a ride. Charmed by her intense intrigue and good looks, Naz gets swept up by her pressures. After a mind-altering night of drugs and passion, the woman is dead, and Naz finds himself in the cross hairs of a gruesome murder investigation, panicked and shaken, but possibly with a trace of doubt as to his own innocence.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: The night of (HBO)

I actually have the second episode paused right now on my tv...I really enjoyed the first episode. Good start.

College superstar

Yes very good show. First Esp was amazing. 2nd esp is a bit slow but overall still good.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

So far so good. Semi dark and gritty a la True Detective.

the kid is the same one from nightcrawler right?so is this before he meets jake?

College superstar

Naz (main character) is only in 2 episodes. There are total of 9 episodes........

Just watched the 1st episode, a very tense episode. I put my phone away, couldn't bother being distracted. Are we supposed to root for him or be like Bodie and assume he's guilty? I guess I'll form my own conclusions.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Just watched the 1st episode, a very tense episode. I put my phone away, couldn't bother being distracted. Are we supposed to root for him or be like Bodie and assume he's guilty? I guess I'll form my own conclusions.
    It had to have been the guy walking with drug dealer otherwise why would the dealer lie about being alone?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

First episode was pretty good

They built the suspense very well

you almost thought he was going to get out of the station

Heh, several rumors out there saying that this is really Season 3 of True Detective.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    It had to have been the guy walking with drug dealer otherwise why would the dealer lie about being alone?
    It could have been. I honestly thought he left the guy out because he doesn't wanna attract attention to him. Why get his friend/ acquaintance questioned if he doesn't have to be? If the guy with him did it, I doubt Bodie knew anything about it.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really like it so far. Feels like a travelogue through the American justice system. I was under the impression it was based on a true story, one which I know nothing about however. That said, I don't think we're supposed to wonder if he's guilty. I think it's intended to be clear that he is not guilty. I think it's the guy who was staring them down at the gas station who had been following her. If nothing else, this is an intriguing way to tell the story.

The Turturro character was apparently supposed to be played by James Gandolfini before he died. I just can't envision him in that role for the life of me though.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Because you don't talk to cops. Tell the cop you were with a homie and now the homie gotta talk to the cops. Dude f'ed up. Was thinking he was just going to shoot the shit and get some details from the detective, now he gets he ass hauled in.

Well thats how I took it.

I think I know who it was but it is based on absolutely zero evidence. "[COLOR="White"]The limo driver that grabbed the cigarette the girl threw out[/COLOR]"

The show must take another turn after these two episodes cause Naz is gone for the rest of the season.

I look at this way. If someone else did kill her, then there was no sign of a break-in. So this leads me to believe that it was her step dad that killed her. He was acting very sketchy at the morgue.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The show must take another turn after these two episodes cause Naz is gone for the rest of the season.

wut? no he is not

so far we have:

1. her stepfather
    2. black dude in the street (not the one they took in the police station)
    3. the other black dude at the gas station
    4. Naz