Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #136
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
He rode the bench and averaged 3 points tops in Philly/Dallas his first 3 years. Don't bring up career averages, those years DRASTICALLY skew them.

In his last year with Utah he scored 12.3 points in a much slower paced, half-court game (93 ppg), on 45.4% shooting.

In his first year with Phoenix (last year), he averaged 14.7 points in a much faster-paced offense (108 ppg), on 45.7% shooting.

Game, set, Dirk.
dont forget the 10 extra minutes a game he played.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #137
DreamRockets
Local High School Star

Quote:
He rode the bench and averaged 3 points tops in Philly/Dallas his first 3 years. Don't bring up career averages, those years DRASTICALLY skew them.

In his last year with Utah he scored 12.3 points in a much slower paced, half-court game (93 ppg), on 45.4% shooting.

In his first year with Phoenix (last year), he averaged 14.7 points in a much faster-paced offense (108 ppg), on 45.7% shooting.

Game, set, nash.

well said biatch
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #138
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
well said biatch
you really are a douche-bag. Ive made my points. You can either listen to them or continue to be an idiot. Up to you but im pretty much done with this thread.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #139
EuJazz
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyknucks
Marion putting up 20 ppg on a 20, 30, or even 40 win teams is alot less impressive to me than doing it on a 50 and 60 win teams.

So you concede that Nash didn't make Marion better? Deal.

Pla-Plow!
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #140
DreamRockets
Local High School Star

no one invited you, and it wasnt you who i quoted, if i struck a never and undid months of therapy after nash won mvp over your boy dirk im really sorry about it
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #141
bumpyknucks
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default re

Quote:

He rode the bench for a reason. Hes a shooting guard who cant create his own shot. This is not a problem in Phoenix where somebody does it for him.

Quote:

You are overlooking his 3 pt percentage which is majority of the shots that he gets as a result of Nash. It has been much improved, and this year is unreal.

Quote:
Game, set, Dirk

Ive never argued against Dirk, all Ive ever said is that Nashs contribution to that team wont be appreciated by some people until after he retires.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #142
BlackVVaves
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
those player were facing true mvp candidates.

payton, KJ, strickland and stockton were facing prime jordan, prime hakeem, drob, young shaq for the award, those players were getting 60 wins every year and putting almost unmatchable numbers.

thomas was facing magic, bird and jordan as well.

tim hardaway was facing prime shaq and prime duncan during the era in when they were ruling the league.

steve nash didnt win mvp because he was better than those beforementioned players, but because his competition is weaker, shaq is way past his days of mvp contention, duncan is probably in his last couple years of contention for the award, nash won it because he was going against a couple of overhyped guards who haven't done jack in their lives and who barely crack 40 something and 50 wins in kobe and lebron.

nash isnt better than stockton, payton, strickland, whoever, he didnt win because he was better than those players were, but because his competition sucked.

Thank You and goodnight.

And I wasn't even aware of Nash's stats over the last three eyars. Thanks for that GOBB.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #143
singmingming
Saw a basketball once

Red face Nash Deserves At Least 1 Mvp

Well, i don't know about two but he for sure deserves one. He's just one of a kind guy. Best point in NBA alongside Jason Kidd and Chris Paul.
singmingming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #144
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Nash dropped 16pts and 14 assists tonight. That assist avg will rise to 11.68.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #145
EuJazz

He rode the bench for a reason. Hes a shooting guard who cant create his own shot. This is not a problem in Phoenix where somebody does it for him.

He was a rookie, then a 2nd year player behind AI, then a 3rd year guy who used to be behind AI. In most places, point guards will kick it out, not AI's team back then. It's not because of Nash, he was on Nash's team in Dallas too, ever think of that?

You are overlooking his 3 pt percentage which is majority of the shots that he gets as a result of Nash. It has been much improved, and this year is unreal.

Not arguing that he's improved his percentage. He still has averaged 2 more points as a direct result of a higher paced offense and 10 more minutes of playing time, not because of Nash, SORRY.

Ive never argued against Dirk, all Ive ever said is that Nashs contribution to that team wont be appreciated by some people until after he retires.

Most people's contribution to their teams isn't appreciated 'til they retire. That's why we love our old school players so much.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #146
BlackVVaves
College star

Quote:
He had them both the first year, jackass. Nash has always had one or the other. You'd have to say 'Where would Amare and Marion lead the Suns without Nash.'

Which, with Barbosa at point guard, there's not too big of a dropoff (what, 18 points and 7 assists instead of 18 and 10?) So in that case they average what, 102-104 points instead of around 110? Damn! They'll never win!

You are a certified idiot. You are telling me that equal numbers translate into equal impact? So, Barbosa could do what Nash does just with less assists?

People like you make it hard to read a thread without bumping into ignorance on this site.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #147
EuJazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nash dropped 16pts and 14 assists tonight. That assist avg will rise to 11.68.

Oh my God 11.7??? GOAT! GOAT!

He's the best point guard ever because he plays how a point guard is supposed to, pass-first, in an era where passing is a lost art.

A whole 11.7? That doesn't warrant an MVP. Not even today.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #148
EuJazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
You are a certified idiot. You are telling me that equal numbers translate into equal impact? So, Barbosa could do what Nash does just with less assists?

People like you make it hard to read a thread without bumping into ignorance on this site.

Then....don't....read it....and....leave.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #149
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Thank You and goodnight.

And I wasn't even aware of Nash's stats over the last three eyars. Thanks for that GOBB.
gobbs numbers werent even close to what nash has averaged over the last three years, they are what he is averaging THIS year in a very short sample size which is largely skewed because he just had a career night.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #150
BlackVVaves
College star

Quote:
He's the best point guard ever because he plays how a point guard is supposed to

Yea. I mean...its SOOO damn easy to play how a point is supposed to play. I mean....EVERYBODY is averaging 11 assists per game. And giving passes reminiscent of Magic's days. And scoring over 50% from 3pt and FG. Yea. He's supposed to do that.

Kid. Guy. Whatever the eff you are. You seriously need to start appraoching things with intelligence. Because I'm starting to doubt you even have a brain. Do you bother to read what you post before ou post it?

Anyway. Its never going to change. Some people are going to support Nash and his MVP's. Others will not. That will never change. We can sit and argue about arguing over who's career was not made better with Nash and all that hoop-la all we want. You still have the doubters. Like someone said before, Nash won't be appreciated until he is gone from the game and the NBA represents the days when ball movement and crisp passes and "fun" basketball was a thing of the 80s.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: