Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #32
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick
 
Da_Realist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,546
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
i honestly dont remember any team giving the 96-98 bulls problems. the closest they came to being beat was against the pacers in 98. and they were as old as the bulls. and the league wasn't watered down during the second 3peat. the teams the 97 bulls beat for example, were just as good if not better than the early 90s teams.

Denver, Toronto, LA Lakers, Seattle all gave the Bulls headaches because of their youth.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Indian guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
i honestly dont remember any team giving the 96-98 bulls problems. the closest they came to being beat was against the pacers in 98. and they were as old as the bulls. and the league wasnt watered down during the second 3peat. the teams the 97 bulls beat for example, were just as good if not better than the early 90s teams.

The '97 Jazz and '98 Pacers gave Bulls the most trouble during the 2nd 3peat. I'll actually agree with you, 1st 3peat Bulls were involved in more 'tough' series'. The '92 run in particular was brutal. Knicks took 'em to 7 games in the ECS. The ECF against the Cavaliers was a grueling 6 game series. Blazers took 'em to 6 as well. In '93 it was Knicks and Suns, both took 'em to 6. In comparison to the 2nd 3peat, where the only time the Bulls looked in any real trouble of losing a series was '97 Jazz and '98 Pacers. None of the other series' were tied after 4 games, compared to 4 such series' in the 1st 3peat. But I'll also say the 1st 3peat team faced tougher competition. IMO Portland, Phx and both Knicks teams were better than any team the Bulls faced during the 2nd 3peat.

Last edited by Indian guy : 02-13-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Denver, Toronto, LA Lakers, Seattle all gave the Bulls headaches because of their youth.
lol ok youre talking about the few teams that beat the bulls. i dont think that a few losses constitutes problems. from 96-98 they were 8-2 vs tor, they were 3-3 vs lakers so i guess ill give you that one. they were 5-1 vs den and even though sea wasnt a young team they dominated them in the finals. so let this argument go.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #35
1987_Lakers
NBA Superstar
 
1987_Lakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,268
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
lol ok youre talking about the few teams that beat the bulls. i dont think that a few losses constitutes problems. from 96-98 they were 8-2 vs tor, they were 3-3 vs lakers so i guess ill give you that one. they were 5-1 vs den and even though sea wasnt a young team they dominated them in the finals. so let this argument go.

Da_Realist has a point. I wouldn't say The Bulls dominated the Sonics in the Finals. The Sonics won both game 4 & 5 by 10+ points and the Bulls only won game 2 by four points. Not to mention BOTH MJ and Pippen had their worst Finals performances of their career.

MJ shot 41.5% while Pippen shot 34.3%.

Bulls were 1-1 vs the Sonics in '96.
Bulls were 2-0 vs the Sonics in '97. (one of those games went to OT)
Bulls weree 1-1 vs the Sonics in '98.

Sonics definitely gave the Bulls some trouble.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers : 02-13-2009 at 10:39 PM.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #36
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
The '97 Jazz and '98 Pacers gave Bulls the most trouble during the 2nd 3peat. I'll actually agree with you, 1st 3peat Bulls were involved in more 'tough' series'. The '92 run in particular was brutal. Knicks took 'em to 7 games in the ECS. The ECF against the Cavaliers was a grueling 6 game series. Blazers took 'em to 6 as well. In '93 it was Knicks and Suns, both took 'em to 6. In comparison to the 2nd 3peat, where the only time the Bulls looked in any real trouble of losing a series was '97 Jazz and '98 Pacers. None of the other series' were tied after 4 games, compared to 4 such series' in the 1st 3peat. But I'll also say the 1st 3peat team faced tougher competition. IMO Portland, Phx and both Knicks teams were better than any team the Bulls faced during the 2nd 3peat.
i never really believed the bulls were in trouble in the 97 finals. and i believe the 96sonics were just as good as the 92 blazers and the 97 heat with zo, hardaway, brown, mashburn, marjle, ike austin and kurt thomas, were. better than the knicks. not to mention they didnt have to play a pretty good knicks team in 97. and that the jazz were the defensive equals of the suns.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #37
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Da_Realist has a point. I wouldn't say The Bulls dominated the Sonics in the Finals. The Sonics won both game 4 & 5 by 10+ points and the Bulls only won game 2 by four points. Not to mention BOTH MJ and Pippen had their worst Finals performances of their career.

MJ shot 41.5% while Pippen shot 34.3%.

Bulls were 1-1 vs the Sonics in '96.
Bulls were 2-0 vs the Sonics in '97. (one of those games went to OT)
Bulls weree 1-1 vs the Sonics in '98.

Sonics definitely gave the Bulls some trouble.
lol the bulls were never in danger of loosing to sonics. be serious.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #38
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick
 
Da_Realist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,546
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
lol ok youre talking about the few teams that beat the bulls. i dont think that a few losses constitutes problems. from 96-98 they were 8-2 vs tor, they were 3-3 vs lakers so i guess ill give you that one. they were 5-1 vs den and even though sea wasnt a young team they dominated them in the finals. so let this argument go.

But why did the Bulls lose to Denver in the first place? Youth and athleticism. Toronto gave Chicago problems and MJ struggled against them. Why? Same thing. These teams didn't have the talent to consistently beat the Bulls. LAL and Seattle did, which is why the Bulls had a harder time with these teams.

The F3P Bulls were young, athletic and was a lot better than either of these teams I mentioned. That's why I say they would have given the 96-98 Bulls some real problems.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #39
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Da_Realist has a point. I wouldn't say The Bulls dominated the Sonics in the Finals. The Sonics won both game 4 & 5 by 10+ points and the Bulls only won game 2 by four points. Not to mention BOTH MJ and Pippen had their worst Finals performances of their career.

MJ shot 41.5% while Pippen shot 34.3%.

Bulls were 1-1 vs the Sonics in '96.
Bulls were 2-0 vs the Sonics in '97. (one of those games went to OT)
Bulls weree 1-1 vs the Sonics in '98.

Sonics definitely gave the Bulls some trouble.
on a side note the sonics were a great team and the 96 finals was more of a defensive struggle as opposed to an offenive exibition.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #40
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
But why did the Bulls lose to Denver in the first place? Youth and athleticism. Toronto gave Chicago problems and MJ struggled against them. Why? Same thing. These teams didn't have the talent to consistently beat the Bulls. LAL and Seattle did, which is why the Bulls had a harder time with these teams.

The F3P Bulls were young, athletic and was a lot better than either of these teams I mentioned. That's why I say they would have given the 96-98 Bulls some real problems.
but neither tor or denver consistantly beat the bulls. they won 80% of their games against those 2 teams. thats great in any sport. im pretty sure that the 91-93 bulls lost to young teams too.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 PM   #41
1987_Lakers
NBA Superstar
 
1987_Lakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,268
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
lol the bulls were never in danger of loosing to sonics. be serious.

I was pointing out that they didn't dominate them. Keep up.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #42
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
I was pointing out that they didn't dominate them. Keep up.
wow, its amazing how the bulls are held to such a standard. they win the finals 4-2 and loose a few games during the season but still win 72 and people still complain.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #43
1987_Lakers
NBA Superstar
 
1987_Lakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,268
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
wow, its amazing how the bulls are held to such a standard. they win the finals 4-2 and loose a few games during the season but still win 72 and people still complain.

You said that the Bulls "dominated" the Sonics in the Finals, I was only correcting you. Don't get so defensive.
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #44
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,683
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
I was pointing out that they didn't dominate them. Keep up.
i just checked, and the bulls beat the sonics by 17, 22, and 12 in 3 of the 4 games they won. they dominated the sonics. you need to stick to your "80s is best" rant.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #45
1987_Lakers
NBA Superstar
 
1987_Lakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,268
Default Re: Bulls First 3 Peat vs Bulls Second 3 Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
i just checked, and the bulls beat the sonics by 17, 22, and 12 in 3 of the 4 games they won. they dominated the sonics. you need to stick to your "80s is best" rant.

And you are just going to ignore the other 3 games? Ok.

1996 NBA Finals:
Bulls: 93 PPG
Sonics: 89.2 PPG


Bulls in 6 games won by an average of 3.8 PPG and the Sonics did get two victories by the way. I'm sorry but that doesn't qualify as "Dominated"
1987_Lakers is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:






Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy