Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Will The Lockout End Tomorrow?

no.

Bad news:

alanhahn Alan Hahn
    Great, I can go home now. RT @Wgonzo21: @alanhahn hey brother, espn radio is saying players are expected to reject latest offer! No bueno!
    2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Banned

There will be no season.. [COLOR="White"]sad.gif[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    There will be no season.. [COLOR="White"]sad.gif[/COLOR]

There isn't much out there that suggests to me that the union will accept this deal. I am prepared to let go of any hope for the season being played at all, and I'm not sure I really care that much anymore.

I love the NBA, and have been a loyal fan for 30 years, but this whole process has just really turned me off to the league, both players and owners. That doesn't mean I'll quit watching or never go to another game again, but I doubt I'll ever have the same passion for the league that I used to. At this point, they don't deserve the attention I give them. It's sad really.

Hopefully not.

This shitty league needs to tank and start from scratch.

Local High School Star

if not, the players are dumber than i could have ever imagined.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

2012: NBA players destroy the the world.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    There isn't much out there that suggests to me that the union will accept this deal. I am prepared to let go of any hope for the season being played at all, and I'm not sure I really care that much anymore.

I love the NBA, and have been a loyal fan for 30 years, but this whole process has just really turned me off to the league, both players and owners. That doesn't mean I'll quit watching or never go to another game again, but I doubt I'll ever have the same passion for the league that I used to. At this point, they don't deserve the attention I give them. It's sad really.
    they dont seem to realize that they have nowhere near the casual fan appeal/ drawback of the nfl. If this is an ugly, lost season after a wildly popular post season (and media hyped season of the big three), they will have knocked back their popularity gains (and profits) for half a decade IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    they dont seem to realize that they have nowhere near the casual fan appeal/ drawback of the nfl. If this is an ugly, lost season after a wildly popular post season (and media hyped season of the big three), they will have knocked back their popularity gains (and profits) for half a decade IMO.
    You're exactly right. After finally gaining some momentum and hype, they'll risk losing it all with the snap of a finger, and then some. It will take years to recover.

Banned

It's hard to say. Even these initial reports of the players expected to reject the current offer can't be trusted, since the same sources were the guys elated over the "lockout being 95% over" a week or two back and filling everyone's heads with ideas that the season was ready to begin.

Honestly, I don't think it ends tomorrow. I think we'll continue with this back and forth garbage, Stern will lower the offer, the players will bitch and complain and eventually it will get pushed back up to either a 50-50 or a 51-49 in favor of the players weeks/months down the line. At that point, the chances of even having a season will be shot altogether.

NBA rookie of the year

There's just one sticking point, and that's the usage of the mid-level exception for tax paying teams. Owners want it gone(along with sign & trades), players want it at the full 5 million with 4% raises.

if the lockout ended tomorrow, when would the first game be? 2,3,4 weeks? a week?

edit: checked it out for the 98-99 season, they came to an agreement on 1/18/99, signed deal on the 20th and the first game was on feb 5th.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 11-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    if the lockout ended tomorrow, when would the first game be? 2,3,4 weeks? a week?
    I am guessing first days of December...since all games through november have been canceled...

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    I am guessing first days of December...since all games through november have been canceled...
    eh, stern cancelled games up until the all-star break during the other lockout, but they ended up playing 9 days before the all-star game.