Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Doris Burke is awful

I only hate her in 2K13. My player does a 360 dunk or a nice alley oop, Doris Burk keeps on talking

I can't stand her. When I'm fantasizing about a female TV announcer and I scream out, "OH DORIS!", it just doesn't lend itself well to the fantasy...

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

She is truly awful. Goes from one cliche to the next. Search for her name on twitter during the games and it's 95% people tweeting negative shit about her. The worst announcer in sports, and that's saying something!!

I usually hit open layups

Seconds after the Mavs defeated the Heat in the '11 Finals amd Doris Burke was interviewing someone my friend texted that he wanted to have sex with Burke.

Banned

She needs to get back to the kitchen to fold some laundry.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

She's oddly sexy for her age.

It's just that that voice wouldn't be too appealing when you're hittin it. Or maybe she has really feminine moans like some dudes have girly screams.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    She's actually a pretty decent basketball analyst, I have to admit tho that part of me just doesn't like hearing a woman doing broadcasting for a mens basketball game. I guess its cause Ive been used to listening to men do it all my life. It's not her fault at all. But I just prefer male commentators. I feel like its less rigid the way marv and steve kerr would, or van gundy and breen. i think there's a level of "old boy"ness that it lacks with a coed duo.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    She's oddly sexy for her age.

It's just that that voice wouldn't be too appealing when you're hittin it. Or maybe she has really feminine moans like some dudes have girly screams.
    And you've experienced the girly screams from dudes while "hittin it?"

Mark Jones and Doris Burke are awful. So many stupid lines between the two of them.

ESPN should hire Ian Eagle. He's one of the best play-by-play guys in all of sports. And why do Lisa Salters and Doris Burke get to be sideline reporters for the really big games?? Why not have one of your somewhat attractive anchors with pleasant voices be sideline reporters, like Jade McCarthy or Lindsay Czarniak? And the half time show, oh my God the half time show Bill Simmons isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but why the hell is Jalen Rose the host? He's actually a pretty funny dude (water pistol Pete Jr.), but he's in the wrong role. And obviously you have Magic, who is just terrible. The half time show in general is just awkward.

So many poor personnel choices at ESPN.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

She's become tolerable this year, barely. I prefer Cheryl Miller because she just seems to have a lot more energy, has a better voice, and has a better relationship with the TNT broadcasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    I ruined your mother for other men. Not that she ever considered you a man you incestuous little prick.

ESPN just have shitty commentators in general..........talks too much...... and not about the actual gameplay...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease eSOL's Avatar

Doris is awesome.

Y'all ****** just salty as ****.