Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #2 Kobe Bryant vs Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    MVP's
    Magic: 3
    Shaq: 1

Finals MVP's
    Magic: 3 (should have been 4, in 88)
    Shaq: 3

Titles
    Magic 5
    Shaq 4

Magic has Shaq beat in every category of 'greatness' and yet is anyone going to act like Shaq and Magic aren't at all comparable? Do the other, lesser awards mean nothing? Is 5 extra years of dominant play/all nba teams/all star teams worth nothing?

Personally, I think Magic was the more impactful team player because he magnified his team's strength much more than Kobe did. Kobe, however, was the better individual player [one of greatest scorers ever plus one of the best defenders at SG for his generation..] and he had a longer and more successful career. People that think this isn't close are kidding themselves.

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #2 Kobe Bryant vs Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Lost all credibility.....

So you gonna discredit Jordan Magic and Bird for all thier awards they didn't deserve....Jordan won all defensive awards when he wasn't even the best defending SG on his team!!!!

Kobe was top shelf defense and guarded the other teams best perimeter scorer....to go along with being the first option in the the quarter and crunchtime

Kobe as a starter and over a decade averages..

28.3PPG 6.2REB 5.0AST 7 NBA Finals and 5 Championships to go along with being a top shelf defender....

and the greatest Laker of alltime....and still going.
    Yes, i don't doubt his starter numbers. In any case, we would have to take out Magic's 96 comeback as well.

His consistency on defense the last couple of years ? Yes it has been inconsistent. Yet he got rewarded for All-Defense First Teams.

Agree to disagree.

Banned

The one with more All-NBA teams, he didn't get a chance to play with Kareem and Worthy but STILL has as many rings as magicc

Magic
    but it's close

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Still filling in for GOAT till he returns. Last vote was 10-2 for Kobe.

Make your arguments here for the next 48 hours on rather Kobe or Magic should advance and continue to move higher on the list. Put the players name you are voting for in BOLD so I don't miss it when I tally. The loser of this poll will be ranked #3 in our project.

Only members listed on the project roster will have their votes counted. Anyone may add their opinion and or argument as long as it's constructive. Our roster is now finalized. If you like the project and think you can make it better please add your opinion. If you'd like to join in the forwards, centers or all-time top 67 project, please let GOAT know via PM. The Final Roster is listed below....

The Roster

L.Kizzle
    ThaSwagg3r
    Rose
    WillC
    G.O.A.T
    1987 Lakers
    neyca
    Toizumi
    Shaqattack3234
    Magnax1
    RobertdeMeijer
    nycelt84
    KGMN
    SteveNashMVPcro

Crossover (added after initial vote)
    bizil (added after initial vote)
    Boston C's (added at #20)
    Gotterdammerung (added at #17)
    SuperPippen (added at #14)
    Big164 (added at #13)
    Droid101 (added at #11)
    D.J. (added at #11)
    Miller for 3 (added at #10)
    Odinn (added at #9)
    OmniStrife (added at #9)
    HylianNightmare (added at #9)
    Pushxx (added at #9)
    MasterDurant24 (added at #9)
    Clippersfan86 (added at #9)

ThaRegul8r (contributor)
    NugzHeat3 (contributor)
    Psileas (contributor)
    alexandreben (contributor)
    EricForman (contributor)

15 seasons
    2008 NBA MVP
    13x all-NBA(1 3rd...did not exist in Jerry Wests day)
    11x All-defensive
    13x all-star(no ASG in 1999)
    4x ASG MVP
    5x NBA Champion
    2X Finals MVP
    2x scoring leader(top three in 6 seasons)
    28.5-6-5 averages over 11 year prime
    25/5/5 career average in the playoffs

vs

13 seasons(well...12 plus 36 games in 96)
    3 time NBA MVP
    10x all-NBA
    12x all-star(including 1992...when he was not in the NBA)
    2x ASG MVP
    5x NBA Champion
    3X Finals MVP
    2X steals leader
    4x assist leader(top 2 10 seasons in a row)
    20-12-7 averages over 10 year prime
    19-11-7 career average in the playoffs
    WADE

Magic Johnson without a doubt.

Magic, for obvious reasons.

Arcadia, CA

probably magic johnson

Is there a single person who actually thinks Kobe Bryant is better than Magic Johnson? Really?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    The one with more All-NBA teams, he didn't get a chance to play with Kareem and Worthy but STILL has as many rings as magicc

Shaq is just as good as Kareem if not better during prime but Kobes effort for those first 3 peat gets no credit from these haters who use to hate Kobe for no reason back in the days and now they google/yahoo it up and search for dumb asss numbers so they can keep on hating and FAIL.

Give the man his respect Kobe is the GREATEST LAKER of ALL TIME and he is not Done Yet.

Lets not even Compare the Talent Magic had compare to Kobe. Magic is a 6'9 PG who cant shoot guarded, He better be a Great play maker especially with all those HOF's who can make shots/ finish plays.

I just want these so called "Experts" on this forum to do their research instead of going by popularity. I see bunch of Idiots who know nothing about Magic and acting like they have been following him for years.

This debate is very close for dumb haters acting like their is no case. MJ vs MJ will be a better debate compare to MJ vs Kobe but Kobe was better then MJ and I aint gonna tell ya which MJ because we all know the real MJ is MJ who ran the league with style just like Kobe in 2000 era.

MJ MJ MJ ya know who the best is and I aint talking about Magic.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

I think this is very close, but I'd have to go with Magic, simply because he was dominant from the first day until he retired (his career ended early too, he coulda been productive for a few more years) and the gap between him and Kareem from the early days was closer than the gap between Kobe and Shaq (huge in 2000).

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Magic for obvious reasons. Best to move along before this thread gets filled with "U MAD" Kobe trolls

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Magic for obvious reasons. Best to move along before this thread gets filled with "U MAD" Kobe trolls

Please tell me those "Obvious" reasonS nub?

Its "Obvious" Kobe is better for those reasons. You should move along before I owned ur nub asss in this tread.

College superstar

magic is the lakers all time steals and assist leader. so magic is better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    magic is the lakers all time steals and assist leader. so magic is better.
    Stockton is better then Magic since He is the ALL TIME NBA Leader.

One retard down.

Next.