Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jason Terry not impressed with Chris Bosh's game winner

idiot can't keep his trap shut.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    And I am not impressed by Jason Terry's missed wide open corner 3. What a b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    and before that Paul Pierce put on his twitter before the Boston series how he's going to bang Wade's mother.

Wade responded with over 30 ppg on 53% shooting for the Boston series and was the best player on the floor. Wade's PER for that series was a good 6 points higher than anyone else between the 2 teams.

The Heat don't deal with smack talk. We smack you in the face and kick your a$$ up and down the court when you bring that weak sauce.

Throughout all this, the Heat have handled everything with total professionalism by not retaliating to the media after all that smack talk. We respond on the court by fvcking up your team. Like real mature and professional teams do !
    HAHA! Keep talkin' Terry, Keep talkin' you PUNK !

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I really just don't like Terry. I'm so ready for him to leave this team.
    Yeah, I can't stand Jason Terry. I'm starting to dislike him almost as much as I dislike (hate) that guy that plays for the Lakers.

Banned

he needs to shut his one dimensional scrub ass up.

Thats a 6 time all star and career 20/10 guy he talkin bout. He makes that in his sleep

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O_City_Thunder
    Yeah, I can't stand Jason Terry. I'm starting to dislike him almost as much as I dislike (hate) that guy that plays for the Lakers.
    Which one? The selection's kinda big, you know.

It wasn't an impressive shot, but at the same time Terry needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Right. Terry had a huge opportunity to win.

If he didn't have such an albatross contract, I'd take him in OKC but not at that price tag. Brooks will have him chill out some on the raise the roof pump up the crowd bit though, have to feel like it angers/motivates the other team to some extent too

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    and before that Paul Pierce put on his twitter before the Boston series how he's going to bang Wade's mother.

Wade responded with over 30 ppg on 53% shooting for the Boston series and was the best player on the floor. Wade's PER for that series was a good 6 points higher than anyone else between the 2 teams.

The Heat don't deal with smack talk. We smack you in the face and kick your a$$ up and down the court when you bring that weak sauce.

Throughout all this, the Heat have handled everything with total professionalism by not retaliating to the media after all that smack talk. We respond on the court by fvcking up your team. Like real mature and professional teams do !
    "WE"

ason Terry: Blazers' D better than Heat's
    June, 6, 2011
    Jun 6
    3:28
    PM CT

Email
    Print
    Comments3

By Tim MacMahon
    DALLAS

Dirk Nowitzki calls out teammate

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki needs scoring help and he knows teammate Jason Terry has yet to deliver in the NBA Finals.

Terry, the Dallas Mavericks' charismatic sixth man who likes to bust out his arms like airplane wings after he makes 3-pointers and prides himself on cold-blooded shooting in the clutch, has found little breathing room with Miami Heat forward LeBron James shutting him out of the late-game offense.

"They keep sticking him [James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job," Nowitzki said. "Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Nowitzki scored 34 points in the 88-86 Game 3 loss and he scored the Mavs' final 12 points of the game. Terry, the team's second-leading scorer, was 0-of-4 from the floor in the fourth quarter of the disappointing home loss that put the Mavs in a 2-1 hole with Game 4 on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center.

Terry is a combined 0-of-7 in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks' two losses in the NBA Finals.

"They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn't do in Game 2," Terry said of the Heat's choice to turn to James defensively, "then they got a good chance."

"Let's see if he can defend me like that for seven games," Terry said of James.

During the regular season, Nowitzki and Terry ranked at the top of the league with James and Dwyane Wade as the best fourth-quarter scoring duo. Nowitzki has held up his end, but the 6-foot-2 Terry has struggled in late-game situations throughout the postseason and mightily so against the 6-foot-8 James.

In the final 4:14 of Game 3, Terry missed a 3-point attempt, botched a driving layup and couldn't hit a go-ahead jumper from the baseline with 58.9 seconds to play.

"I had two opportunities," Terry said. "One in the corner for 3, LeBron closed out. The other one in the right corner, LeBron closed out again, didn't get enough air under it.

"Hey, it happens. If I get those same shots in Game 4, I bet I make them."

But Terry still seems hesitant to give too much credit to the Heat, even going so far as to say the Portland Trail Blazers were better on defense in the first-round series than Miami has been in the Finals.

"Portland, by far, has the best D," said Terry, who added that the Heat has a "great scheme" that is "working for them thus far this series."

Terry is 3-of-12 (25.0 percent) in the fourth quarters against Miami, which is not much worse than his overall fourth quarters in which he's shooting 29.3 percent (17-for-58) for an average of 3.2 points per fourth quarter.

"It's a call to arms. One man's not going to win it," Terry said. "Obviously, the big-wig [Nowitzki] is going to need to get some help, and I'm going to tell you this -- that we will be there in Game 4."

Terry's shooting woes complicate a growing problem for the Mavs and their heavily-relied-upon bench. The unit led the league in scoring during the regular season at about 40 points a game, and has been a steady contributor throughout the postseason until going up against the smothering Heat defense.

The bench is averaging 21.6 points in the three Finals games.

Peja Stojakovic is 1-of-5 from the floor and 0-of-4 from 3-point range in the series. He's played just 11 minutes in the past two games and coach Rick Carlisle hasn't gone back to him in the second halves of Games 2 and 3.

J.J. Barea, an effective penetrator against the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals, is seven points off his scoring average of the past two series and is shooting 21.7 percent from the floor and 12.5 percent from the 3-point range.

The onus falls on the 33-year-old Terry, who is shooting below 39 percent since the end of the second round.

"We're going to have to ride our horses. It's just going to have to be something we have to do," Terry said. "They're doing it on their end. Hey, you got eight, seven days, however many days are left in this series. If you can't go out there and play 40-plus minutes as a major cog in the wheel, then you shouldn't be here."

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Which one? The selection's kinda big, you know.