Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: My problem with the Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    The only problem I have with the Mavericks is Mark Cuban. He's a ginorma douche
    Don't like Terry either - can't respect some one who punches a former team mate in the ****

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I already said that at the end of the day you're up 2-0.. with a chance to sweep at home and your team is letting their play do the talking. I was just pointing out that the last decade you guys take a bunch of cheapshots and rarely do anything about it. I know how important it is to feel like your teammates have your back. I honestly doubt the Mavericks players are confident that if need be.. their teammates would throw punches for them. I don't know if you're a newer fan of basketball but even in the 90's that's how it was done. There is no "fake toughness" when it comes to standing up for teammates and putting someone on their ass. That IS toughness.

You can't do that anymore. Have you watched an NBA game since 05? Are you serious? You want one of our players to take a flagrant foul in a playoff game to prove how tough we are?

That would be the dumbest thing possible. You are risking suspension and giving the other team momentum and free points. We don't want to do that and you can't do that anymore.

Its bush league.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Nope. The exact opposite. Terry would be a fake tough guy. Thats my point. Thats not tough. Its weak.

It was tough when Dirk went into the huddle and said to the team:

"if artest is guarding me....give me the ball and clear out. he can't guard me without fouling me."

Thats tough. Dallas radio reported that Dirk came into the huddle during a timeout and said that.

That is how you become a tough team and gain respect. Not by taking cheap shots or retaliating to cheap shots by a fake tough guy scrub like Artest.
    I guarantee you.. if you had a player like Artest or Barnes though who you knew would retaliate every time.. and fight if needed you'd probably not call it bush league or w/e. Same thing happened for Celtics fans. Once they got KG they loved him. Same when the Clippers had Cassell. I hated the damn guy on the Bucks and Wolves because he talked a lot of sh** and gave a lot of dirty fouls.. but once he was a Clipper he became my favorite ever.

I highly doubt you'd call them a fake tough guy. Teammates of KG, Artest, Barnes and guys like that LOVE knowing they have a guy who will put someone in their place. It's not bush league.. it's competitive sports

Maybe I'm just old school lol. I love watching footage of Bulls vs Pistons etc. An Eye for an Eye. You hit my dude.. I'm going to put you on your ass. God I wish Basketball was still played that way! I feel like we've lost a lot of the heart and passion.
    Same. But you can't do stuff like that anymore. You are looking at a flagrant only if you are lucky and potentially getting kicked out or a suspension at worst.

Its just not how the game is played anymore. You can't afford to do that.

And sorry, this Mavs team can't afford to lose Terry or Haywood for a game or two like you said.

That would kill us.

Same. But you can't do stuff like that anymore. You are looking at a flagrant only if you are lucky and potentially getting kicked out or a suspension at worst.

Its just not how the game is played anymore. You can't afford to do that.

And sorry, this Mavs team can't afford to lose Terry or Haywood for a game or two like you said.

That would kill us.
    How about Cardinal? . With as deep as the Mavs are.. you really don't think any of your players are expendable? Like to lose them for a game or 2.

I guarantee you.. if you had a player like Artest or Barnes though who you knew would retaliate every time.. and fight if needed you'd probably not call it bush league or w/e. Same thing happened for Celtics fans. Once they got KG they loved him. Same when the Clippers had Cassell. I hated the damn guy on the Bucks and Wolves because he talked a lot of sh** and gave a lot of dirty fouls.. but once he was a Clipper he became my favorite ever.

I highly doubt you'd call them a fake tough guy. Teammates of KG, Artest, Barnes and guys like that LOVE knowing they have a guy who will put someone in their place. It's not bush league.. it's competitive sports
    Chandler does all those things actually. Caron Butler did all those things. They just do it without taking cheap shots. You don't need it.

These guys are professional athletes and this Mavs team has arguably the best chemistry and trust in each other out of any team.

So your point holds no water at all. LOL at wanting someone to risk suspension to respond to a scrub taking a cheap shot in a blow out. LOL

How about Cardinal? . With as deep as the Mavs are.. you really don't think any of your players are expendable? Like to lose them for a game or 2.
    To what end? We aren't getting out toughed this series. We are playing them very physical all over. We don't need to prove anything to ourselves. Thats all that matters.

We would be soft if we tried to be tough and retaliate. Much like Terry. He actually is soft. Guys like Kidd/Dirk/Chandler/Marion/Barea? They don't give a shit because they know they are tough and don't care about anything but winning.

First off.. I'd have to see this is the first season where I'd have to say I'm rooting for the Lakers to go down. I'd be happy to see the Mavericks whoop them. Why? Because they decided to be lazy all season and not put in work and think they can flip a switch and cruise through the playoffs. I'm all about the team winning that deserves to win. The team that puts in hard work all season long.

Now my problem with the Mavs though has to do with not having any guts. I'm not talking about toughness because Chandler, Stevenson and Brewer added a lot of that. I'm talking about when someone on the other team cheap shots your man you get in his face.. shove him.. throw a punch whatever you have to do to make it clear you won't put up with that sh**. Ron Artest shoved Marion in the back into the Mavs bench.. and all the Mavs turned their heads like they wanted nothing to do with Ron. Then after Ron hits Barea in the face.. Marion and Terry who were right there didn't do a damn thing about it.

These guys shouldn't be afraid. How many NBA players in the last 20 years have gotten into a real fight and thrown a real punch? Ron may be crazy but it doesn't mean he knows how to fight or should intimidate your entire team. If Ron was taking cheapshots on a team like Portland or Memphis.. who has a few guys who will throw down.. none of this shit would be happening. I've seen Aldridge, Andre Miller, Gerald Wallace, Zach Randolph, Tony Allen and all those guys ***** slap, punch, tackle or w/e else other players.

Long story short.. it's really hard for me to respect a team that doesn't even stand up for itself. You don't want to be considered soft anymore? Start defending teammates. Stop getting punked when the game gets tough. I hope Dallas wins but this business of them letting other teams push them around annoys me.
    The entire premise of your post is unintelligent, incendiary, and laughable.

And what's more, I think that you don't truly believe it in your heart. I think you're just struggling to find any ground by which to criticize a team you dislike for another reason.

Chandler does all those things actually. Caron Butler did all those things. They just do it without taking cheap shots. You don't need it.

These guys are professional athletes and this Mavs team has arguably the best chemistry and trust in each other out of any team.

So your point holds no water at all. LOL at wanting someone to risk suspension to respond to a scrub taking a cheap shot in a blow out. LOL
    I agree Caron Butler and Chandler are good with standing up for teammates. I will admit that for sure. I've seen both do it multiple times. I would like anyone to show me a suspension for getting in someone's face though. It's NEVER happened. Punches need to be thrown. In fact.. shoving matches have never resulted in suspensions either that I recall unless someone came off the bench. Like if 2 players shove each other.. it's a double T. No suspension. I watched my team have about 20 altercations this season and refs hate the Clippers.. so trust me I know the repercussions.

Warms my heart like a fool every time I hear stuff about this. They just seem to genuinely get along and have a good time. I don't think they'd be doing anything close to this without that chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    The entire premise of your post is unintelligent, incendiary, and laughable.

And what's more, I think that you don't truly believe it in your heart. I think you're just struggling to find any ground by which to criticize a team you dislike for another reason.

Yes.. I have ulterior motives and wanted to waste time writing 3 or 4 paragraphs. I really am rooting against the Mavs! Cover blown.

I agree Caron Butler and Chandler are good with standing up for teammates. I will admit that for sure. I've seen both do it multiple times. I would like anyone to show me a suspension for getting in someone's face though. It's NEVER happened. Punches need to be thrown. In fact.. shoving matches have never resulted in suspensions either that I recall unless someone came off the bench. Like if 2 players shove each other.. it's a double T. No suspension. I watched my team have about 20 altercations this season and refs hate the Clippers.. so trust me I know the repercussions.
    Ok. Let me paint you this example.

Artest hits Barea. Marion reacts and gets in Artest's face. Artest punches Marion.

Well shit. Now it is actually escalating and players will react. So Barea tackles Artest and Marion goes after him as well. A scuffle ensues and Tyson Chandler gets caught up in it and leaves the bench out of emotion.

Well guess what. We are looking at losing 3 key players for no reason.

Its about not letting it become an issue. You don't react to fake BS like that. And you certainly don't react when its the teams crazy guy like Artest that is playing like a total scrub and is just trying to bait you into doing something.

Ok. Let me paint you this example.

Artest hits Barea. Marion reacts and gets in Artest's face. Artest punches Marion.

Well shit. Now it is actually escalating and players will react. So Barea tackles Artest and Marion goes after him as well. A scuffle ensues and Tyson Chandler gets caught up in it and leaves the bench out of emotion.

Well guess what. We are looking at losing 3 key players for no reason.

Its about not letting it become an issue. You don't react to fake BS like that. And you certainly don't react when its the teams crazy guy like Artest that is playing like a total scrub and is just trying to bait you into doing something.
    In the history of the NBA how many times has this crazy scenario happened?? You're dealing with what if's instead of what is and DOES happen 99 percent of the time. In the NBA it's EXTREMELY rare for a punch to be thrown (I wish it happened more). It's almost always getting into each others face and being separated by teammates/refs. That alone sends a message that you're not going to put up with it. All I was saying.

Yes.. I have ulterior motives and wanted to waste time writing 3 or 4 paragraphs. I really am rooting against the Mavs! Cover blown.
    ***KO's ClippersFan and urinates on him***. Seriously, you know your premise is stupid. This isn't football or hockey. The penalties and stakes are too high to react STUPIDLY.

In the history of the NBA how many times has this crazy scenario happened?? You're dealing with what if's instead of what is and DOES happen 99 percent of the time. In the NBA it's EXTREMELY rare for a punch to be thrown (I wish it happened more). It's almost always getting into each others face and being separated by teammates/refs. That alone sends a message that you're not going to put up with it. All I was saying.
    Do you really think Marion getting up in Artest's face would prevent him from doing that again? No way. Artest is crazy. He could care less.

In fact, I'd argue that not reacting is a better deterrent than reacting at all.