Default Another NBA Lockout coming in 2017?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...already-ahead/
    [QUOTE]If you ask league executives, pretty much everyone expects a 2017 lockout. They see the owners putting in the groundwork now for another work stoppage in three years and most people see it as inevitable. The only question is how long it lasts and if it costs games.

Three years from now, the summer of 2017, is the first year that either the players or owners can opt out of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement

Default Re: Another NBA Lockout coming in 2017?

Hope we're not going to have everybody siding with the owners this time.

They best not side with the owners again. WTF. The last one the players got ****ing reamed. Players need to stay strong this time (aka start saving now).

raising the age limit
    Silver must die

Not airballing my layups anymore

I hope not. I don't know much about all the legal aspects between the players/owners (at the moment, gonna read up on it), but one thing's for sure...I don't want another shortened season.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Hope we're not going to have everybody siding with the owners this time.
    I found that hilarious ("oh no, da poor owners aren't making money) After the new CBA, team valuations rose probably 30% or more immediately...owners are PR masters...."dem players are greedy".

I really couldn't care less about a bunch of rich douche bags whining over money (Both sides). I just hope the new television deal gets rid of ABC/ESPN. That's doubtful though unfortunately.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I found that hilarious ("oh no, da poor owners aren't making money) After the new CBA, team valuations rose probably 30% or more immediately...owners are PR masters...."dem players are greedy".
    Both sides are greedy and lots of teams were losing money and I assume still are. Yes valuations went up but the only way to cash out on that is to sell. How many players would be willing to pay each year to play in the nba knowing that in 10 years they could retire and get a ridiculously large lump sum? It goes both ways. The owners are takin risks and they deserve to make money too. The players are the product and they deserve to be compensated. There needs to be some equity and 50% of revenue sounds like equity to me.