Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Is there anyone out there that still thinks those guys were any good?
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 21,263
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

they were good system players. they built the team around lebron...aka no one else can handle the ball because lebron james has to have the ball in his hands and have crazy stats. you put any random superstar in there that cares about defense, and the cavs would be doing good too
imdaman99 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
they were good system players. they built the team around lebron...aka no one else can handle the ball because lebron james has to have the ball in his hands and have crazy stats. you put any random superstar in there that cares about defense, and the cavs would be doing good too


I always see the "built around him" excuse. Like thats what Lebron asked for. You don't build teams around one superstar player having to carry the scoring load all season. If Lebron preferred that style of play, he wouldn't have gone to Miami where he has to let Wade do his thing still. There is a reason they went from a 62 win team to a 19 win team in a season.
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,084
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
they were good system players. they built the team around lebron...aka no one else can handle the ball because lebron james has to have the ball in his hands and have crazy stats. you put any random superstar in there that cares about defense, and the cavs would be doing good too


K-O-B-E failed to led his team in the conference finals despite playing with Pasu Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Mike Brown's system.
Lebron23 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
TheFan
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 689
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Winning titles with Miami does not change the fact that he had a great team during his time with the Cavs.
TheFan is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,084
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
Winning titles with Miami does not change the fact that he had a great team during his time with the Cavs.


Good team. Are you a Kobetard? You guys will jump back to your mother's butt if the Heat beat the Thunder in Game 5.
Lebron23 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
Winning titles with Miami does not change the fact that he had a great team during his time with the Cavs.

They had a great player. Everyone else was a role player. Mo Williams is not a 2nd option on a championship team. He doesn't even start for his current team.
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Good team. Are you a Kobetard? You guys will jump back to your mother's butt if the Heat beat the Thunder in Game 5.

Stop bringing up Kobe. This is about Lebron and his Cleveland teammates. Mamba don't have sh1t to do with this thread
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
jbryan1984
Great college starter
 
jbryan1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,572
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

In the early years, I agree but not the last 2 at least. All those guys complimented him very well. LeBron himself told the front office he wanted Mo, Shaq and Jamison. And of course on ISH, everyone sure thought all those deals were great for the team when they happened.
jbryan1984 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,622
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
In the early years, I agree but not the last 2 at least. All those guys complimented him very well. LeBron himself told the front office he wanted Mo, Shaq and Jamison. And of course on ISH, everyone sure thought all those deals were great for the team when they happened.
this is true. '09, '10 cavs were both close to a title
red1 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
In the early years, I agree but not the last 2 at least. All those guys complimented him very well. LeBron himself told the front office he wanted Mo, Shaq and Jamison. And of course on ISH, everyone sure thought all those deals were great for the team when they happened.


What other moves could the Cavs have made? There is a reason all there best players after Lebron we salary dumps. They spent all there money on Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, and overpaying their soft/slow jumpshooting center. They never recovered from that 05 offseason where they blew it.
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
SilkkTheShocker
Max Contract Poster
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,474
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
this is true. '09, '10 cavs were both close to a title

The 2009 Cavaliers were the worst 60+ win team of all time, talent-wise.
SilkkTheShocker is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
K-O-B-E failed to led his team in the conference finals despite playing with Pasu Gasol, Andrew Bynum, and Mike Brown's system.

Lakers' competition from 2008-2012 in the West >>>>> Cavaliers' competition from 2006-2010

I'm just saying.

I doubt even the LBJ led Cavs would've beaten Dirk & the Mavs of 2011 or KD & the Thunder of 2012.
Scholar is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
What other moves could the Cavs have made? There is a reason all there best players after Lebron we salary dumps. They spent all there money on Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, and overpaying their soft/slow jumpshooting center. They never recovered from that 05 offseason where they blew it.

Maybe you mean something else when you say "never recovered," but I'm pretty sure making the 2007 NBA Finals was more than enough of a recovery from whatever "it" they blew.
Scholar is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
jbryan1984
Great college starter
 
jbryan1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,572
Default Re: Lebron's Cleveland Teammates

I don't know. I think we would had just continued to get better. Believe me, I was as surprised as anyone they made it to the finals in 07. It really was a shitty roster. But, we kept adding better pieces for particular match ups. Its too bad we couldn't of figured everything out sooner but that's just the way it happened.
jbryan1984 is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy